Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
I believe he does that to "honor" Warrior. Dude's only 40 and is a grandpa.

So his pyro and back tat is Goldberg, his rope shaking is Warrior, didnt I.R.S. used to do the thumbs down?

Im not going to be sad when big bad dave is gone, he has done nothing for me

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, this comes from a free site, so take it with a grain of salt:

:lolhitting

Jim Cornette has reportedly been let go by TNA for "acting unprofessionally" backstage, especially when dealing with Vince Russo:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/4126.html

This line cracked me up, referring to Russo:

"Cornette directed his anger toward the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion during a production meeting calling for more focus on Eric Young on television."

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
Now, this comes from a free site, so take it with a grain of salt:

:lolhitting

Jim Cornette has reportedly been let go by TNA for "acting unprofessionally" backstage, especially when dealing with Vince Russo:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/4126.html

This line cracked me up, referring to Russo:

"Cornette directed his anger toward the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion during a production meeting calling for more focus on Eric Young on television."

I'm not sure if it's anywhere on the net, I had it on an old RF tape, but there is a video of Cornette going ape on a girl at a drive thru after a show. There was a van full of wrestlers so the order was huge, when they got to the window the girl said she thought it was a joke so they didn't prepare the food, and Cornette loses it. It's hysterical.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
I'm not sure if it's anywhere on the net, I had it on an old RF tape, but there is a video of Cornette going ape on a girl at a drive thru after a show. There was a van full of wrestlers so the order was huge, when they got to the window the girl said she thought it was a joke so they didn't prepare the food, and Cornette loses it. It's hysterical.

Chris Jericho videotaped it. It's on youtube somewhere.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
With that face-- he must be 200 yrs old!! linda2010.com

(Incidentally, this is why it matters where you read your wrestling news)

he didnt cite a source, he could have been reading your precious website for all we know

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Vince's daughter (WWE CEO) is going to quit to run for the Senate.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
Stephanie? Really? Heard Linda was thinking about it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
It's Linda, not Stephanie.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
With that face-- he must be 200 yrs old!! linda2010.com

(Incidentally, this is why it matters where you read your wrestling news)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
he didnt cite a source, he could have been reading your precious website for all we know

http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute;_ylt=...6xVSBfZkaY5nYcB

It was on Yahoo's front page.

I meant wife.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)

That video is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Al Sharpton wasnt bad to my surprise. He had a Bischoff feel to him on the mic.

although the guest host has worked better than I thought it would, its time to pick a new GM and come up with a storyline for multiple personalities that can last more than 2 shows.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
Al Sharpton wasnt bad to my surprise. He had a Bischoff feel to him on the mic.

although the guest host has worked better than I thought it would, its time to pick a new GM and come up with a storyline for multiple personalities that can last more than 2 shows.

The guest GMs have been a no lose for me. If the person is good, it works, and if not, it's hilarious when the screw up and its awkward.

Summerfest!

The PPV last night looked (from the results and recaps I read, at least) to be absolute horses***.

Short, predictable matches up and down the card.

When the biggest "surprise" is the Taker/Punk match being the curtain jerker, that's a weak-ass PPV.

If anyone watched it, was it any better than it seemed from reading the match recaps?

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)
The PPV last night looked (from the results and recaps I read, at least) to be absolute horses***.

When the biggest "surprise" is the Taker/Punk match being the curtain jerker, that's a weak-ass PPV.

If anyone watched it, was it any better than it seemed from reading the match recaps?

Not really. Morrison/Zigler was ok. DX/Legacy was pretty good. That was it.

Undertaker could barely move around during his match with Punk. He looks like he could be donem IMO. To give him the title is just a mistake right now.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)

I just don't get why they put the strap on taker, when he can't work a full time sched anymore. Also why a world title match was 10 minutes. DX/legacy was prob the best match of the night. I just wish they'd stop playing musical chairs with the world titles, I'm pretty sure that they've changed hands a combined 14 times this year. As usual, these decisions make no sense at all

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:26 AM)
Not really. Morrison/Zigler was ok. DX/Legacy was pretty good. That was it.

Undertaker could barely move around during his match with Punk. He looks like he could be done IMO. To give him the title is just a mistake right now.

Maybe they gave him one more run because they realize he's almost done?

I really hope they put the belt back on Punk - he's been interesting as champ, and Taker doesn't need the title to get over.

I kind of wish Austin was healthy, I'd like to see him battle Punk to defend the honor of alcoholics everywhere.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
I just don't get why they put the strap on taker, when he can't work a full time sched anymore. Also why a world title match was 10 minutes. DX/legacy was prob the best match of the night. I just wish they'd stop playing musical chairs with the world titles, I'm pretty sure that they've changed hands a combined 14 times this year. As usual, these decisions make no sense at all

Meltzer is saying Punk is in the doghouse, but it's in the pay section so I can't see why

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:30 PM)
Like you, I'm an Orton fan, but the constant title changes don't make it as cool for me that he is champ.

Im not a fan of the title going back and forth like this, however, it is always nice to see a clean Orton win over Cena.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:35 PM)
Meltzer is saying Punk is in the doghouse, but it's in the pay section so I can't see why

Apparently a dress code issue - Taker pulled him aside during the last overseas tour and said something about the champ having to dress better and Punk replied "what about John Cena?". Word got back to the WWE brass and they didn't like it.

I know when I see pro wrestlers dressed sloppily, I lose all respect for them.