Official Squared Circle Thread

This starts off sounding promising, but the bolded part spells BAD news for fans of TNA:

Hulk Hogan appeared on SportFM in Perth, Australia to promote the Hulkamania tour this weekend and said he's going to listen to the TNA fans and give them what they want.

The Hulkster said: "I'm not going to keep shoving a bunch of terrible, horrible, stale programming down their throats. (In TNA), I'm going to take the writers and tell them, 'Go get another job. Sit in the back. If I need you to write a jingle for a commercial, maybe we'll use you for that.'"

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)
This starts off sounding promising, but the bolded part spells BAD news for fans of TNA:

Hulk Hogan appeared on SportFM in Perth, Australia to promote the Hulkamania tour this weekend and said he's going to listen to the TNA fans and give them what they want.

The Hulkster said: "I'm not going to keep shoving a bunch of terrible, horrible, stale programming down their throats. (In TNA), I'm going to take the writers and tell them, 'Go get another job. Sit in the back. If I need you to write a jingle for a commercial, maybe we'll use you for that.'"

That was 100% directed at Russo

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
I'd go 80% for Russo, 20% for "I'm Gonna Control This b****".

Not that Russo's any better, but a Russo-for-Hogan swap is a lateral move at best.

Hulk and Bischoff still hate Russo for coming into WCW and writing them off the screen. Dixie Carter deserves everything that is going to happen with this s*** fest

Hogan, go sit down somewhere.

Anywho, Survivor Series was decent. Nothing too special.

I'm glad they booked Kofi to look excellent last night. The title matches were good. I just hope (but not getting my hopes up) that they freshen up the Raw title scene just a bit.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
Anywho, Survivor Series was decent. Nothing too special.

I'm glad they booked Kofi to look excellent last night. The title matches were good. I just hope (but not getting my hopes up) that they freshen up the Raw title scene just a bit.

It was an ok show. Kofi is on fire right now. Getting super over. Was hoping for a Jericho W.

We are probably heading for HBK/HHH at Manis which is fine. Would like to see if for the title but they always have great matches together.

The results of the Hulkamania show in Australia

-Rikishi & Brian Christopher def. Rock Of Love

- Shannon Moore def. Spartan 3000 Matt Cross

- Rosey def. Godfather (w/Ho's) and Val Venis in a Three Way Dance

- Heidenreich & Gangrel & Black Pearl def. Nasty Boys & Eugene (w/Jimmy Hart)

- Bikini Contest: No winner, turned into a pillow fight

- Orlando Jordan def. Ken Kennedy

- Umaga def. Brutus Beefcake (w/Jimmy Hart)

- Hulk Hogan def. Ric Flair (w/Lacey Von Erich) after hitting him with Jimmy Hart's megaphone. Lots of run-ins.

Otherwise known as the WWE castoff crew

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
The results of the Hulkamania show in Australia

-Rikishi & Brian Christopher def. Rock Of Love

- Shannon Moore def. Spartan 3000 Matt Cross

- Rosey def. Godfather (w/Ho's) and Val Venis in a Three Way Dance

- Heidenreich & Gangrel & Black Pearl def. Nasty Boys & Eugene (w/Jimmy Hart)

- Bikini Contest: No winner, turned into a pillow fight

- Orlando Jordan def. Ken Kennedy

- Umaga def. Brutus Beefcake (w/Jimmy Hart)

- Hulk Hogan def. Ric Flair (w/Lacey Von Erich) after hitting him with Jimmy Hart's megaphone. Lots of run-ins.

Otherwise known as the WWE castoff crew

WOW, I really hope this would hit Chicago!

I actually really liked Heidenreich at the end when he was in the Legion of Doom with Animal shortly after Hawk died. I think he had a mental break or something about being unable to be near his kids for long periods of time that made him quit WWE, but I did enjoy his last couple of months with the E

Well, at one point in time this would have been bad news, but that time has long passed and now this is actually a relief:

[courtesy sescoops.com]

The ECW brand will be put to rest once and for all in the near future.

According to a reliable source, WWE officials have had several meetings with the Syfy network about re-branding WWE’s Tuesday night show. Both sides are in agreement that WWE’s version of ECW has been a bust and plans are already being made for a new weekly series. While several ideas have been tossed around (including a magazine-style recap show), right now the most likely option is that WWE will drop the ECW letters and “identity” (whatever that is) and create a new brand that will feature young and-and-coming stars. The Tuesday night timeslot will likely stay the same.

WWE relaunched the ECW brand back in 2006 after the undeniable success of the “Rise and Fall of ECW” DVD set and later the ECW One Night Stand Pay-Per-View events. After ECW was relaunched as a brand, it quickly became apparent that WWE had no intention of keeping the elements that made the original ECW special and turned ECW into a watered-down, generic “C” show. The first week of ECW on Syfy back in 2006 drew around a 2.4. These days a 1.1 is considered a good week.

While it may be bittersweet to see the ECW letters go, ECW has been dead for a long time and a brand featuring primarily young stars sounds like it has potential.

Stay tuned for the latest.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
Well, since the young guys would probably be coming up from Florida Championship Wrestling anyway...

And if that is what they are going to do, time to move Christian to SmackDown.

Oh Christ. This smells like the Millionaire's Club/New Breed angle again:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/5209.html

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The long-term idea to run with once Hulk Hogan comes in is to go with two separate teams, one that Hogan would lead and the other being led by Mick Foley.

Dixie Carter was going to be a big player in the storylines but it's said that criticism gets to her and because of the criticism she's received in certain circles, she made the call to be more low-key with her involvement. The current plan is to still have her in the storylines but not as big a role as originally planned.

Uh oh, could we possibly be seeing the Monday Night Wars returning??

1/4 TNA is airing a 3 hour LIVE show, yes that is a MONDAY NIGHT

to counter this, WWE is supposedly going to ask for a third hour and they shall be going head to head.. TNA has said that if the ratings are good enough they will consider going live on Mondays head to head with Vince..

Im pumped..