Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
Uh oh, could we possibly be seeing the Monday Night Wars returning??

1/4 TNA is airing a 3 hour LIVE show, yes that is a MONDAY NIGHT

to counter this, WWE is supposedly going to ask for a third hour and they shall be going head to head.. TNA has said that if the ratings are good enough they will consider going live on Mondays head to head with Vince..

Im pumped..

Hopefully this means that Vince works on putting a quality product on Monday night again.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)
Hopefully this means that Vince works on putting a quality product on Monday night again.

If TNA is successful it would almost certainly guarantee it.. WWE has been coasting since WCW died because they have no competition thus no reason to really be as good as it could be..

If TNA doesn't step up their storylines, it won't mean anything to be head-to-head with WWE.

I hope they have their ducks in a row (and their top guys locked in long-term) if they're serious about waking Vince up.

Hogan alone is not enough to sustain interest IMO, and basing their long-term TV strategy on the ratings of one show could be a huge mistake.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 08:48 PM)
Dennis Miller tells Vince McMahon to his face that Bret Hart should guest GM RAW for a night, Vince storms off the stage in a huff.

Real or a Work?

Haven't seen that part yet, but probably a work. I don't think Miller knows who Bret Hart is or what his situation is with the company.

P.S. I'm loving Dennis Miller so far.

Edited by Brian

Bret Hart has signed a short-term contract with WWE.

The contract takes effect on 1/1/2010 and expires two weeks after WrestleMania.

I don't see ANY WAY he doesn't debut on January 4th.

There's speculation he would like to work one match, probably against Vince at WM, but he also has expressed an interest in working with the Hart Dynasty.

This could be very interesting, if done correctly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Vinnie Mac must be flashing some SERIOUS cash to get this done. It shows that he actually sees TNA as a threat IMO

Either that, or he just wants to cut them off at the knees before they gain any traction. TNA is building up this 1/4 show as their first big drive against the E, so Vince is smart to load up RAW to draw attention away from Hogan.

Also, Booker T is telling friends he's returning to the WWE. Take that with a grain of salt, as I've read other reports saying talks broke down and he's thinking of going back to TNA. Probably playing both sides against the other to try to drive his price up.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
OR, Vince has been trying to get Bret back for a long time now and finally did and knows he should showcase him as widely as possible

Honestly, I don't think that's it.

I think this is a short-term thing to counteract Hogan.

The idea of a Hart showdown with Michaels, McMahon, HHH or all of the above will draw the same people who'd give a damn about Hogan arriving at TNA.

4 months is a perfect time frame to build something up, pay it off (or not), and not have it get stale.

Hogan's shelf life before he sends viewers running away is MAYBE a month.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Honestly, I don't think that's it.

I think this is a short-term thing to counteract Hogan.

The idea of a Hart showdown with Michaels, McMahon, HHH or all of the above will draw the same people who'd give a damn about Hogan arriving at TNA.

4 months is a perfect time frame to build something up, pay it off (or not), and not have it get stale.

Hogan's shelf life before he sends viewers running away is MAYBE a month.

Well then my friend, you're wrong. ;)

It's well-documented that Vince has been trying to get Bret in for years. Hell, it's obvious they've been building to this, teasing this, in storylines for months. News stories broke about how the Screwjob at Breaking Point was motivated, in part, by giving WWE an easy tie-in for Bret Hart later. Long before TNA announced its stunt.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)

It's well-documented that Vince has been trying to get Bret in for years. Hell, it's obvious they've been building to this, teasing this, in storylines for months. News stories broke about how the Screwjob at Breaking Point was motivated, in part, by giving WWE an easy tie-in for Bret Hart later. Long before TNA announced its stunt.

The screwjob has been talked about since it happened. And Vince actually said he would never work for WWE again after Hart spit on him then punched him in the face.

That doesnt make Critic wrong, and it certainly doesnt make you right.

The motivation for this to happen is 100 percent TNA monday night, despite what you think is right

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)

If that was Vince's plan, he certainly could have negotiated Bret's return to coincide with the DVD release in 2005, or as part of the Hall of Fame induction in 2006, or the negotiations for Bret's images for his book in 2008....

Yes, Vince has been interested in having Bret come back all along, but the length of this contract, and the start date, and the momentum the talks appear to had gained since the announcement of Hogan's TNA deal, all point suspiciously towards coinciding with Hogan's arrival in TNA, regardless of the mysterious teasings earlier. Hell, you could point to the Hart Dynasty signings as precursors to a Bret deal if you wanted to.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
If that was Vince's plan, he certainly could have negotiated Bret's return to coincide with the DVD release in 2005, or as part of the Hall of Fame induction in 2006, or the negotiations for Bret's images for his book in 2008....

Yes, Vince has been interested in having Bret come back all along, but the length of this contract, and the start date, and the momentum the talks appear to had gained since the announcement of Hogan's TNA deal, all point suspiciously towards coinciding with Hogan's arrival in TNA, regardless of the mysterious teasings earlier. Hell, you could point to the Hart Dynasty signings as precursors to a Bret deal if you wanted to.

Let's agree to disagree, and also, go read the latest Wrestling Observer newsletter.

If Bret is indeed on the Jan 4th Raw I think that the Monday night wars might never happen..

There is NOTHING that TNA can do to rival Bret Hart on RAW and whatever kind of confrontation we could see with McMahon, HHH, or HBK.. I think that TNAs ratings might be pretty low if this is the case..