Official Squared Circle Thread

I think going head to head on 1/4 for TNA would be a GREAT chance to showcase the talent they have that people have read about but may have not seen as of yet.

Similar to mid 90's. I read about guys like Dreamer, Sandman, RVD, and Raven but never saw them until I got my first ECW tape.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Flair wants a safety net deal, too?

:lol:

Lots of confidence they're showing in their own abilities to carry a federation:

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The latest on Ric Flair is that he has not signed with TNA as of this week. Flair was out of the country on vacation last weekend but word is that TNA is putting pressure on him that if he doesn't sign and appear on the January 4th show then the offer may be pulled.

The issue most likely is Flair not wanting to go with WWE's competition. However, money plays a factor as the last time WWE made him an offer it wasn't even close to what TNA is offering. It's believed that WWE's last offer to Flair was somewhere around $250,000 per year. Flair hasn't spoken with WWE about any kind of offer recently.

As noted before, Flair wants to sign with Panda Energy in case TNA goes under, he still gets paid. Flair feels that since Hulk Hogan signed a deal under the same circumstances with Panda, he should get the same treatment.

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
I just dont see TNA being able to hang with Bret Hart on Raw..

I'm worried that Bret is still emo and won't even consider sharing the screen with HBK which would be an epic face off.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)
I'm worried that Bret is still emo and won't even consider sharing the screen with HBK which would be an epic face off.

There's speculation that Michaels would be okay with working with Hart, since he's born again and all that.

HHH is supposedly the one being a b**** about it. Not sure how Hart feels, but you know the scenario had to be brought up during negotiations.

I bet it happens, since there's not much time on the contract. This has to be a quick-hit, high-impact kind of deal.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 05:55 AM)
There's speculation that Michaels would be okay with working with Hart, since he's born again and all that.

HHH is supposedly the one being a b**** about it. Not sure how Hart feels, but you know the scenario had to be brought up during negotiations.

I bet it happens, since there's not much time on the contract. This has to be a quick-hit, high-impact kind of deal.

It has the potential to be much more if Vince plays his hand right. One would think he knows this could be a bigtime money maker for him, promotions(tshirts, merchandise), PPV hits, DVD sales, etc. If Vince blows it right off the bat and lets this get away from him I will be disappointed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
It has the potential to be much more if Vince plays his hand right. One would think he knows this could be a bigtime money maker for him, promotions(tshirts, merchandise), PPV hits, DVD sales, etc. If Vince blows it right off the bat and lets this get away from him I will be disappointed

What major angle has the E played correctly in recent memory?

They blew the wCw Invasion, the last attempt at the nWo was a disaster, and Vince intentionally f***ed up ECW.

I don't expect ANYTHING from this Hart angle, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 12:59 PM)
I wont be surprised if he screws this up, but I will be disappointed

I would be very surprised if he screws it up. It's not like the Alliance angle where he couldn't bring guys in because of certain contracts. I'm sure they talked a lot with Bret about what they would want to do with him. I'm sure HBK was brought up. While I would be disappointed if he and Shawn never crossed paths on screen, it wouldn't make or break the run for me.

Hope he looks better than he did at his Hall of Fame thing.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 05:55 AM)

If you're Vinny Mac, this is where you tell HHH to shut his mouth & play ball with whatever you & Bret wanna do. Bringing Bret in has the potential to be a HUGE moment.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 02:41 AM)
Anyone watch Raw tonight? I didn't but reading the results, sounds like a set-up for Hart/HBK at WM? That would be about the most epic thing ever done.

They're definitely setting up some sort of showdown. Michaels told VKM to bring Bret back because "only good things will happen". VKM ponders the comment, gets an evil grin and announces Bret as guest host next week.

I just wonder if Bret has even one more match in him - he hasn't looked very good the last bunch of times I've seen him.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
They're definitely setting up some sort of showdown. Michaels told VKM to bring Bret back because "only good things will happen". VKM ponders the comment, gets an evil grin and announces Bret as guest host next week.

I just wonder if Bret has even one more match in him - he hasn't looked very good the last bunch of times I've seen him.

I'm sure Bret could get into shape by WM if that is what is to happen. I still think it ends with Bret/Vince at Mania and HBK/HHH.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 08:53 AM)
I'm sure Bret could get into shape by WM if that is what is to happen. I still think it ends with Bret/Vince at Mania and HBK/HHH.

I hope so..

As much as I loved HBK/Taker I don't wanna see it again because it cant end good.. either its the same result as last year or Undertakers streak ends, which I don't want to see happen..

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
I hope so..

As much as I loved HBK/Taker I don't wanna see it again because it cant end good.. either its the same result as last year or Undertakers streak ends, which I don't want to see happen..

At this point it would be stupid to end Taker's streak.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 02:41 AM)
Anyone watch Raw tonight? I didn't but reading the results, sounds like a set-up for Hart/HBK at WM? That would be about the most epic thing ever done.

As big as a Bret Hart fan as I was back in his heyday...I don't wanna see him in the ring unless he's absolutely ready to go.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
I dont think Bret would step in the ring unless he WAS absolutely ready to go. He has always been very concerned about the perception of him and his legacy, he wouldnt want to come off looking bad

Exactly.

He looked ok at his Hall of Fame speech, minus the pale skin. A couple of tanning sessions would fix that. I'm sure he tries to keep working out.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
By the way Critic... this has clearly been in the works since, at least, when Piper hosted Raw, when McMahon said he only had one more match left in him and it'd have to be someone special.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Whatever you say, Pratt.

;) :P

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
Maryse couldnt be any hotter.. my god

I'll see you that and give you this;

BTW, TNA's prob gonna release Lacey Von Erich soon and bring back Angelina Love (seems like her visa issues are finally getting sorted).