Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
I dont know if this was already mentioned, but I hadn't seen anything till just now..

Bobby Lashley and Stevie Richards debuted for TNA at the PPV tonight.. Oh and Foley won the TNA title

What. The. f***. I shouldn't be surprised by the stuff TNA pulls..but I am.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge wins when Show interferes and throws Cena through a huge spotlight.

Very very good matches tonight. The 6 man tag was old school. Lots of psychology, back and forth, great finish.

Christian running into Edge after his win was cool.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Honestly, overall, this PPV was better than Wrestlemania. Nothing beats that Michaels-Undertaker match, but all the matches tonight were beyond solid.

Gotta give WWE credit for getting it right

Orton goes over, clean, and is the new WWE Champion while finishing what he started and taking out each member of the McMahon family. I thought it shoulda happened at Wrestlemania but its better late than never.

Edge ending with a victory over Cena to close out their feud was also great. Mainly because I hate Cena, but more so to solidify Edge as THE top performer on Smackdown. Another good choice.

I also liked the slight tease of possible tension between Edge and Christian.

This could lead to some interbrand feuding or it could flip over and lead to some sort of alliance, either of which I'd be absolutely fine with.

It was time for Orton to go over, and credit H for agreeing to a clean finish. It mops up that storyline for now, while obviously leaving the door open for H to return for retribution later.

All in all, a satisfying outcome for all three brands. Nicely done by the E tonight.

Very nicely done. I think the Edge and Cristian angle will lead to an alliance, but I wouldn't be mad either way. Also, Jack Swagger was ten times the champion that Cena ever was. Seriously, I hate his gimmick and such, but he's a hell of an entertainer in the ring.

That Orton vs HHH finish was pretty good. That's how they should've finished wrestlemania. I also wished that had Edge win cleanly, but at least he won.

I think this will lead to HHH vs Batista for the number one contender match. For Cena, he'll fight someone and be champion again by Summerslam most likely.

GREAT ppv last night - way better than Mania imo. Terrific matches given the time they needed. Loved the heels walking out with the belts - Edge is theman, and props to creative coming up with something newish for the end to that match. Loved that HHH took the pin in his match - wonder how long both guys will be out.

Cena/Show on Raw, with Cena leaving in a month for a movie.

Edge/? on Smackdown

good good stuff.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
GREAT ppv last night - way better than Mania imo. Terrific matches given the time they needed. Loved the heels walking out with the belts - Edge is theman, and props to creative coming up with something newish for the end to that match. Loved that HHH took the pin in his match - wonder how long both guys will be out.

Cena/Show on Raw, with Cena leaving in a month for a movie.

Edge/? on Smackdown

good good stuff.

I say you start off Punk/Edge now, with a nice long program until Summerslam.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/ma...ls-inside-75788

Matt Hardy out with broken hand, looked like he was going to get a push as a heel on Raw. Says four to six weeks

Keep him on with promos. The stuff last night, pleading Jeff to not put him through a table was very good heel stuff.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
Amazing show last night, really impressed, and im one of wee's biggest doubters!

Yeah

Isn't it funny how great this product can be if it actually did things right all the time?

I wonder if this was done to spice up their reality show?

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2116.html

Earlier today, we reported that Ric Flair's son Reid was arrested again over the weekend in North Carolina. Police records have now been released, revealing new details from the incident.

According to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Department, Reid was arrested outside of the office of his father's former business, Ric Flair Finance. He was charged with four separate violations after being pulled over for drunk driving.

Charlotte police pulled him over on Sunday afternoon at 2:48 PM and charged him with Driving While Impaired (DWI), Driving with a revoked license (revoked in March after a DUI), felony possession of heroin and a misdemeanor for possession of drug paraphernalia. His bonds totaled $15,000.

TMZ.com has also picked up on the story and was quick to mention that aside from Reid Flair's recent string of arrests, Ric Flair's daughter Ashley was also arrested last year for fighting with Ric and a police officer. While Ric did not press charges, Ashley was still charged with assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
I wonder if this was done to spice up their reality show?

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2116.html

Earlier today, we reported that Ric Flair's son Reid was arrested again over the weekend in North Carolina. Police records have now been released, revealing new details from the incident.

According to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Department, Reid was arrested outside of the office of his father's former business, Ric Flair Finance. He was charged with four separate violations after being pulled over for drunk driving.

Charlotte police pulled him over on Sunday afternoon at 2:48 PM and charged him with Driving While Impaired (DWI), Driving with a revoked license (revoked in March after a DUI), felony possession of heroin and a misdemeanor for possession of drug paraphernalia. His bonds totaled $15,000.

TMZ.com has also picked up on the story and was quick to mention that aside from Reid Flair's recent string of arrests, Ric Flair's daughter Ashley was also arrested last year for fighting with Ric and a police officer. While Ric did not press charges, Ashley was still charged with assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest.

Not sure how NC laws work, but in IL 2 DUIs that close mean jail if you're guilty, now add the heroin to that, although in IL on your first few drug charges you can get them reduced if you can prove you can get into rehab, with Flair's money I'm sure he can arrange that, but the 2 DUIs will be tough

Isn't it funny how great this product can be if it actually did things right all the time?

thats the only reason i continue to watch

stuff like miz messing with cena, MVP vs. Orton (duno where the hell thats heading, as sadly, it looks like mvp will just be burried back to mid card), keep me watching.

i love the idea of mvp vs. ____.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Keep him on with promos. The stuff last night, pleading Jeff to not put him through a table was very good heel stuff.

That's one thing I'll never understand with today's WWE. A guy gets hurt, they completely take them off TV. Why?

Imagine if in 1997, in the midst of Stone Cold's rise when he was injured during Summerslam they took him off TV for 6 months? Some people didn't even know Stone Cold was legitimately hurt because he was always on TV. Hell, they played an angle up where McMahon told him he couldn't wrestle and the fans ate it up even more.