Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Well not only was Matt Hardy on TV last night, he wrestled.

I think we can put this to rest.

Wonder if they will give him the Bob Orton cast gimic for awhile.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
Wonder if they will give him the Bob Orton cast gimic for awhile.

that was an awesome gimmick and I vividly remember seeing cast vs. cast matches with him and Mr. Wonderful at the Rosemont

Edited by SoxFan562004

another one bites the dust.......

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Wrestler Paul Perschmann, better known as "Playboy" Buddy Rose, was found dead on his couch Tuesday in Vancouver, Wash.

While no cause of death has been determined as of yet, Kurt Nielsen, a family friend, said Rose had been dealing with various health issues, including diabetes. He was 56 years old.

Rose was one of wrestling's big stars in the 1970s and 1980s. He took part in the first-ever WrestleMania match on March 31, 1985, where he played the role of the masked Executioner and lost to Tito Santana.

Rose worked for the WWF and the American Wrestling Association. He also was one of the stars of Don Owen's Portland Wrestling.

A number of his matches have recently re-aired on the cable network ESPN Classic.

No memorial plans have been announced

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
thats the only reason i continue to watch

stuff like miz messing with cena, MVP vs. Orton (duno where the hell thats heading, as sadly, it looks like mvp will just be burried back to mid card), keep me watching.

i love the idea of mvp vs. ____.

I vote for The Miz. Or a Miz/HBK feud where Michaels decides to teach him respect.

That'd be sick, but wwe seems to like to tease us.

Seems last year after the draft they teased us with the brian kendrick, mv[. shelton etc. getting pushes, now i see same thing happening with morrison, miz, mvp, but all will most likely go back to nothing :s.

Two segments last night had me laughing out loud, Santino/Kelly Kelly/Chavo was hysterical, even Santino was having a hard time keeping a straight face(and his accent), and Festus out-singing Jillian was up there as well.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
Two segments last night had me laughing out loud, Santino/Kelly Kelly/Chavo was hysterical, even Santino was having a hard time keeping a straight face(and his accent), and Festus out-singing Jillian was up there as well.

Santino is a face now - that's dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Predictions on tonight anyone?

Morrison over Benjamin

Punk over Umaga

Jericho wins the IC title

Cena wins by DQ or somethin, I don't know...don't really care about this match either.

Christian over Swagger

Edge over Hardy

Orton over Batista

I think Punk cashes in tonight, just to lose. This then sets up the Edge/Punk program, which hopefully lasts all summer.

Anyone else see the current card for the next PPV??

Steel Cage Match:

(WWE Title)

-Randy Orton © vs. Batista

Ladder Match:

(World Title)

-Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

No-Holds Barred

(I-C Title)

-Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho

Submission Match:

-John Cena vs. Big Show

Samoan Strap Match:

-Umaga vs. CM Punk

For some reason, it looks pretty familiar but I cant put my finger on it...

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 20, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
I pretty much expected this. I just hope the show is entertaining, well I know Cena/Show won't be...so everything else just needs to be good.

They expect anyone to believe Big Show will beat Cena in a submission match? I'm not sure I've ever seen Big Show use a submission.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 20, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
They expect anyone to believe Big Show will beat Cena in a submission match? I'm not sure I've ever seen Big Show use a submission.

Oh please

This is whats going to happen

Show is going to pound on Cena while he tries to put the STF on about 15 times before finally super-cenaing up and getting it on to make show tap. I guarantee thats how it ends.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)

Show's been using that "camel clutch" as of late. I guess that counts

QUOTE (T R U @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:26 AM)
Oh please

This is whats going to happen

Show is going to pound on Cena while he tries to put the STF on about 15 times before finally super-cenaing up and getting it on to make show tap. I guarantee thats how it ends.

Exactly, or you could just watch Cena/Khali from their last man standing match at the 07' royal rumble.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
Today 5/21 i officially have given up on the WWE.

I would kinda understand if you gave up on Raw, but Smackdown is doing very good things & ECW still has a very good young core.