Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
Kennedy posted a video today where he is flexing his wrists showing that he is fine, he is claiming he is 100 percent healthy

Surprised he didn't get hurt doing that.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 22, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
The end of Impact last night was absolutely awful.

Foley teased fighting a "former world champion" to prepare for the PPV.

They brought out a cardboard cutout of Stallone as Rocky Balboa with a robe on the cutout, and Foley had a "match" against it.

It wasn't funny - not even one bit, except for the crowd chanting "Rocky! Rocky!".

Foley's work in TNA is actually making me wonder how much the WWE writers made him funny, or whether his multiple head injuries are finally catching up to him.

The Rocky segment was worthless. But I've thought he's been hilarious aside from that in his role as a madman shareholder. I loved when he interviewed himself, faced off with Kurt Angle in his office, and declared that he only wanted to defend the title once a year.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
The Rocky segment was worthless. But I've thought he's been hilarious aside from that in his role as a madman shareholder. I loved when he interviewed himself, faced off with Kurt Angle in his office, and declared that he only wanted to defend the title once a year.

I don't know, he just seems less....something. I don't know if he's lacking energy, or enthusiasm, or inspiration, but something's definitely missing in my opinion. Maybe it's just the generally flat feel of the TNA production, I'm not sure.

But I haven't been able to remember much of anything he's done, and that's new for me. He usually gives me a funny line to quote for a couple days.

Oh, and thank goodness Orton punted Flair's skull.

Flair needs to just stop. He looks like the last days of Dick the Bruiser.

It's over, Ric. Become a manager, become an announcer, whatever, but an in-ring performer? Please, no.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 03:00 AM)

It's over, Ric. Become a manager, become an announcer, whatever, but an in-ring performer? Please, no.

I agree 100% with this statement. Although it sucks that he's being taken to the cleaners in alimony payments.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 03:00 AM)

I'm hoping we see Flair on Sunday cost Batista the match and heel it up with Legacy.

That's a horrible recap of the original PwInsider article. Kennedy didn't borderline break Orton's collarbone - Orton overreacted and used his stoke with Vince to get Kennedy fired. When you're gonna copy & paste, at least pull the article from the real source.

and I'm with the above comment about Flair - the man is 60 f***ing years old! He shouldn't have gotten ONE PUNCH on Orton. Just awful booking. Idiotic.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
That's a horrible recap of the original PwInsider article. Kennedy didn't borderline break Orton's collarbone - Orton overreacted and used his stoke with Vince to get Kennedy fired. When you're gonna copy & paste, at least pull the article from the real source.

I think that went without saying. If it was the Miz who he almost hurt then there would be no issue.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)

Im going to guess that the writer is just assuming that he almost reinjured his shoulder.. I don't think Orton overreacted and then went and cried to Vince and got him fired. It even says they spoke backstage and it wasn't heated.

Either way, Orton wasn't the only one with something to say about him and he was constantly injured.. I wasn't too shocked

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
Im going to guess that the writer is just assuming that he almost reinjured his shoulder.. I don't think Orton overreacted and then went and cried to Vince and got him fired. It even says they spoke backstage and it wasn't heated.

Either way, Orton wasn't the only one with something to say about him and he was constantly injured.. I wasn't too shocked

Funny that you should mention "constantly injured"

rajah.com

Randy Orton lost his temper during an appearance on the Televisa sports show in Mexico City this past weekend.

The program's host was conducting an interview with Orton in English, with Spanish subtitles, and all was going well until he brought up the WWE Champion's past history of injuries and called him fragile. While the host was simply joking, Orton took great offense to his remark.

He threw off the host's glasses, stared him down and said in a bullying tone: "Listen, you wanna talk s**t to me on your own show here and make you look cool here. You wanna look cool? Say it to my face. Why you turning red? I'm serious. I'm serious. I'm serio... no look at me. Look at me. Look at me. Look at me! (raises voice) LOOK AT ME! Now say it again! Say it again! I dare you to say it again! CALL ME FRAGILE! I will headbutt your teeth through your skull! Do you hear me?"

The host took a few steps back and said, "That's not polite." Orton responded, "Say something funny again, boy. Say something funny." He then said "I'm done" and stormed off the set.

you can see the video on youtube too

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 09:27 AM)
Funny that you should mention "constantly injured"

rajah.com

you can see the video on youtube too

it's one of the most douche chill inducing things I've seen in a long time, he's a real tough guy

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
it's one of the most douche chill inducing things I've seen in a long time, he's a real tough guy

You mean intimidating a guy 1/3 your size isnt a cool thing to do?

I believe it was a work as well.

They have security and such, they wouldn't just sit back and watch that happen if it were real. Especially the harm that little Mexican dude would be in if Orton decided to swing at him. People would have come out to break it up, not let it play out. ESPECIALLY the WWE people who I am sure had security there for Orton as well.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
I believe it was a work as well.

They have security and such, they wouldn't just sit back and watch that happen if it were real. Especially the harm that little Mexican dude would be in if Orton decided to swing at him. People would have come out to break it up, not let it play out. ESPECIALLY the WWE people who I am sure had security there for Orton as well.

MARKIN' OUT TO ORTON!

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
Why did TNA bring back Shane Douglas? He is easily one of the most overrated workers of all time.

Cuz he draws so much money?

Cuz he's in such great shape?

Cuz he's magic on the stick?

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)
Cuz he draws so much money?

Cuz he's in such great shape?

Cuz he's magic on the stick?

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

DON'T! YOU TALK! ABOUT THE FRANCHISE! LIKE THAT! (done in my best shane douglas tone)

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Extreme Rules was going well...until they put the tite back on Batista. Makes no sense.

eh, Orton will probably play up a psychotic break and win it back within the next 4 weeks

CM Punk cashes in, wins the World Heavyweight Title from Jeff Hardy, goes heel.

Oddest thing about Batista winning is that I read he tore his bicep again and has to have surgery...again.