Official Squared Circle Thread

Decent PPV last night.

Most people seem to love the Ironman match from last night, it was good...but it was obvious that Orton & Cena can't go for an hour. It was a decent Ironman match, but it would of been a great 20-30 min. match.

However, I don't buy their "this is one of the greatest rivalries in history" routine. It's not even in discussion, IMO. Not even feud of the year.

I just hope they give Cena someone interesting to work with.

Oh & Batista turned heel last night...he's now a bit more interesting.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Decent PPV last night.

Most people seem to love the Ironman match from last night, it was good...but it was obvious that Orton & Cena can't go for an hour. It was a decent Ironman match, but it would of been a great 20-30 min. match.

However, I don't buy their "this is one of the greatest rivalries in history" routine. It's not even in discussion, IMO. Not even feud of the year.

I just hope they give Cena someone interesting to work with.

Oh & Batista turned heel last night...he's now a bit more interesting.

I totally forgot about the PPV last night. Ha

You're darn tooting that Batista just got more interesting. I never thought they would pull the trigger on a heel turn for him. Thank God.

I just saw the segment he went heel. That was awesome. Calmly telling Rey, "I'm gonna rip your head off."

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
The harder TNA tries, the more they look like a weak copy of WCW

Exactly right.

Hogan is (maybe) short-term gain and definitely long-term pain.

I think Bischoff could be a really good character for them, but a headcase hasbeen with a broken-down body like Hogan?

I'd pass.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
Hopefully Hogan won't be wrestling. Bischoff is a great on camera personality.

Bischoff won't be on-camera apparently. He'll be trying to produce new shows for them to extend their brand.

Hogan has been non-committal in tv interviews about actually wrestling for TNA, but as he definitely is on the Hulkamania Australia tour, I don't see how he won't. What remains to be seen is how often and how much of a presence he'll be on tv. It's hard to believe he'll have any interest in helping the company get their young stars over, which is what they need.

TNA's main problem is that it often seems like they don't know what their main focus should be. One moment it's the X Division, the next it's the Main Event Mafia (and who cares?), the next it's the Tag & Womens divisions. They lack a singular focus the way (for better or worse) that Vince McMahon has. So apparently Dixie has the power now and Russo has the book completely - they book Bound for Glory, their self-described version of Wrestlemania to get their young talent over. AJ retires Sting, Morgan over Angle, dynamite women's matches, and they set up a rematch three years in the making for the next ppv of Styles v Samoa Joe v Christopher Daniels. This looks good.

And then they bring in Hogan. WHY???? Almost like when they brought in Kevin Nash TO ACTUALLY WRESTLE instead of do backstage vignettes. HOW DOES THIS GET OVER THE STARS YOU HAVE TO BUILD YOU COMPANY AROUND????? Dixie will learn the way Vince did recently - there is no money in Hogan anymore. None. Hopefully, it won't be after he pins Styles clean in the middle of the ring, with a leg drop that no one cares about anymore.

Now

We're

Older

The thing is, you don't even have to have a singular focus if it's entertaining. You can sprinkle in old guys, tag matches, young prospects and a women's division (not that sloppy s*** Vince is pushing) if the storylines are cohesive and fun to watch.

If I was running TNA, I'd have gassed Russo a long time ago, hired Bischoff as an on-air personality, and thrown all the Hogan money at Paul Heyman to be the head writer.

This Hogan thing will flop, and flop HARD. I already read that he will have complete control over his character and related characters, and that spells doom.

Seems like ever since Hogan decided not to kill himself, he now chose to kill another wrestling federation.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
Now

We're

Older

The thing is, you don't even have to have a singular focus if it's entertaining. You can sprinkle in old guys, tag matches, young prospects and a women's division (not that sloppy s*** Vince is pushing) if the storylines are cohesive and fun to watch.

If I was running TNA, I'd have gassed Russo a long time ago, hired Bischoff as an on-air personality, and thrown all the Hogan money at Paul Heyman to be the head writer.

This Hogan thing will flop, and flop HARD. I already read that he will have complete control over his character and related characters, and that spells doom.

Seems like ever since Hogan decided not to kill himself, he now chose to kill another wrestling federation.

I shouldn't of laughed at this. But I did. It doesn't matter to me a whole lot since I don't watch TNA, other than when I here there's a pretty good segment & I'll check that out. But hey, to each their own with this Hogan thing.

So I went to the LoP forums to see how they're reacting to the Hogan/TNA news, and man, is it ever a Mark Party over there!

Lots of little Hulkamaniacs just oozing to see their HERO elevate TNA to a world-class threat to Vince and The E.

Some of them even seem to believe that Hogan's capable (and more laughably, willing) to put over the young guys.

There's talk of Flair possibly following Hogan to TNA, so I can definitely see an nwOLD vs. Flair & The Kids feud.

SMELL THE RATINGS.....

:chimp

I honestly think that if TNA never brought in this abundance of over the hill workers and kept building guys like Styles, Daniels, etc...they would be closer to competing with Vince than they every would be in the past, present, and future.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
I honestly think that if TNA never brought in this abundance of over the hill workers and kept building guys like Styles, Daniels, etc...they would be closer to competing with Vince than they every would be in the past, present, and future.

I think if TNA keeps throwing all of their money at over the hill wrestlers then guys like Styles and Daniels are going to run for the real money in the WWE. Whats the point in them staying if they arent going to get a legit shot? Especially with Bischoff there now, the boys club is starting up and they are going to get what they want, especially if Hogan has all of this creative control.

Edited by KyYlE23

According to Bubba the Love Sponge (Hogan's best friend), Hulk is the main booker now in TNA. Here are his tweets:

1. Hogan will anounce that he has signed with Dixie Carter and tna and he is the boss. Period. Him and Eric biscoff will run the show.

2. The boss boss. No work. He wouldn't go back to only be the work boss. He is the boss boss. Promise.

3. he is the Booker. Period. Saw it in his contract

4. Terry and Eric won't make the same mistakes that they made at wcw.

Oh my God, this is going to be craptastic! He's the booker now!

http://twitter.com/BTLSRadio

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
According to Bubba the Love Sponge (Hogan's best friend), Hulk is the main booker now in TNA. Here are his tweets:

1. Hogan will anounce that he has signed with Dixie Carter and tna and he is the boss. Period. Him and Eric biscoff will run the show.

2. The boss boss. No work. He wouldn't go back to only be the work boss. He is the boss boss. Promise.

3. he is the Booker. Period. Saw it in his contract

4. Terry and Eric won't make the same mistakes that they made at wcw.

Oh my God, this is going to be craptastic! He's the booker now!

http://twitter.com/BTLSRadio

Can't wait for him to put the belt on...himself.

Would love to see guys like Styles get pissed and go to E.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
I hope this brings out the best in Vince like it did last time.

This is the only possible good that can come of it.

I think Vince will sit back at first and see if there's anything to be concerned about.

I doubt there is - Hogan as head booker can only lead to crap.

What a stupid move by Dixie.....if it's true that Hogan has the book. He's talked out his ass before.

So they are hyping Nigel McGuiness' finisher as a lethal clothesline?

I do like this "angle" with him and Kurt though. Hope it writes Angle out of TNA and back to the E.

I couldn't help but laugh at Angle's phone interview this week. Clearing his throat after every sentance.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
So they are hyping Nigel McGuiness' finisher as a lethal clothesline?

I do like this "angle" with him and Kurt though. Hope it writes Angle out of TNA and back to the E.

I couldn't help but laugh at Angle's phone interview this week. Clearing his throat after every sentance.

Or the rebound lariat as it was called in ROH, or the "jawbreaking lariat" after it broke Jimmy Rave's jaw.