Official Squared Circle Thread

http://rajah.com/base/node/17630

The New York Daily News has published comments that Hulk Hogan made to a fan at a recent book signing regarding his vision for TNA Wrestling. Hogan said that he hopes to bring in Steve Austin, Randy Savage, Rob Van Dam, and the Nasty Boys tag team to TNA. He also wants to start a new Monday Night War against WWE.

"I wish to talk to Rob Van Dam, who is considering returning to the ring, and convince him to join TNA," Hogan said. "Plus I'm also wishing to contact ex-Nasty Boy Brian Knobbs, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Macho Man Randy Savage."

The newspaper reports that Hogan is pushing for TNA programming on Monday nights, which was one rumored around the time it was announced Hogan and Eric Bischoff

are partnering with TNA.

Hogan says he "considered for months" guest-hosting Monday's Raw from Madison Square Garden before he "sealed the deal" with TNA.

Ummmmm, yeah Hulk. This is exactly the same thinking that brought WCW down. Bring in all your buddies, throw them the straps, push out the young blood, fall apart.

Brian f***ing Knobbs. Give me a break

Edited by KyYlE23

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Savage has a much better chance of happening than Austin. If they threw Austin crazy cash and they gave him the schedule he wants, its not impossible. With that said, you bring in the old stars to get people watching, but then you have the newer guys go against them, and with a select few, you have them beat them. That's how the system works. You have to have legends beaten to build a new legend.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
Savage has a much better chance of happening than Austin. If they threw Austin crazy cash and they gave him the schedule he wants, its not impossible. With that said, you bring in the old stars to get people watching, but then you have the newer guys go against them, and with a select few, you have them beat them. That's how the system works. You have to have legends beaten to build a new legend.

I agree that is how you build a legend. However, Bischoff and Hogan have never subscribed to that theory, instead they stick to "I need to get mine". And thats pretty much how they drove WCW into the ground.

If they somehow learned a lesson, then they might be able to elevate TNA to a true competitor for WWE. I just dont think Hogan and Bischoff learned any lesson.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
You say that as if everything in that interview is completely wrong...

Its prolly not wrong. However, ECW was dead regardless. There was zero chance they could have brought back what ECW was back in the day and had it be exactly like it. Like RVD said, most of the guys prolly couldnt even perform anymore. Everyone the E has under the wings arent like the ECW style.

Plus, its prolly not the image that Vince wants for the E. So, as much as the old ECW was awesome there was really no way it could have been brought back at what it was.

And at the same time, RVD completely blew his chance.. So I also have to think had he not been caught things might be a little different from him..

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
And at the same time, RVD completely blew his chance.. So I also have to think had he been Orton, Batista, Mysterio, HHH or another one of Vince's favorites might be a little different from him..

fixed for truth.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
fixed for truth.

How is that fixed for truth? RVD was always well pushed, he was the ECW champion AND WWE champion at the same time at one point until he HIMSELF f***ed it up.. not Vince

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
How is that fixed for truth? RVD was always well pushed, he was the ECW champion AND WWE champion at the same time at one point until he HIMSELF f***ed it up.. not Vince

Because if he was in Vince's good graces he wouldn't of been booked to look horrible his last few months with the company.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Because if he was in Vince's good graces he wouldn't of been booked to look horrible his last few months with the company.

Uh no kidding, why do you think he was booked to look horrible.. hes the one who messed it up..

You're missing the point completely. Other wrestlers have also f***ed up, but the ones that Vince have liked don't get jobbed out like that. They'll get their title stripped, lose their push for awhile & in a little while it'll be back to shoving them down our throats.

Yeah, but Orton's been suspended twice. Mysterio's been suspended & was in rehab last year, while the WWE went ahead & covered it up.

Oh, but we can't have a champion that smokes pot. But we can have one who's amped up on steroids, or one who's hooked on pills.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 12:36 AM)
Yeah, but Orton's been suspended twice. Mysterio's been suspended & was in rehab last year, while the WWE went ahead & covered it up.

Oh, but we can't have a champion that smokes pot. But we can have one who's amped up on steroids, or one who's hooked on pills.

There was a laundry list of people who had tested positive for steroids after they started cracking down on it, which shouldn't have been very big surprise to anyone..

Wrestlers being amped up on steroids and/or hooked on pills wasn't something shocking in the business and before the wellness policy.. either way, if Orton was champ and been pulled over for speeding and was found with marijuana and pills and got arrested his booking would have been handled totally different than him receiving a 30 day suspension for failing the wellness policy..

And while not right, there could have at least been some understanding as to why any wrestler would need to take steroids or pop pills.. RVD doesn't need to smoke weed and most certainly as the champion of the company doesnt need to be doing something stupid like speeding while having such things on him..

Edited by T R U

I think the timing of RVDs arrest hurt him more than anything. IIRC it was right around the time Vince started getting a lot of heat regarding testing, and next thing you know Sabu and RVD are busted for speeding and smoking dope.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:09 AM)
There was a laundry list of people who had tested positive for steroids after they started cracking down on it, which shouldn't have been very big surprise to anyone..

Wrestlers being amped up on steroids and/or hooked on pills wasn't something shocking in the business and before the wellness policy.. either way, if Orton was champ and been pulled over for speeding and was found with marijuana and pills and got arrested his booking would have been handled totally different than him receiving a 30 day suspension for failing the wellness policy..

And while not right, there could have at least been some understanding as to why any wrestler would need to take steroids or pop pills.. RVD doesn't need to smoke weed and most certainly as the champion of the company doesnt need to be doing something stupid like speeding while having such things on him..

Actually it's known that some wrestlers choose weed rather than pills. In fact, Vince has had to crack down harder on failed tests for weed since so many wrestlers would just pay the small fine & choose to keep smoking.

I dont think it is any secret that Vince has his boys club and those that are in it are somewhat immune to disciplinary action, but RVD really did f*** up at the absolute wrong time. RVD had been with WWE for long enough to realize that you just dont mess up with Vince if you arent in the crew. Was he jobbed on his way out? Yeah, he was. Was he the first? Nah, and he wont be the last. Plenty of guys have crossed Vince and have had their careers totally jacked around until their contracts were up or they asked for their release, Kennedy being the last that I can recall having a big push just completely flatline.

I liked RVD in the ring, but as soon as he was busted with Sabu I knew he was up a creek without a paddle

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 06:17 AM)
You'd be amazed at how much mainstream press that got down here also. Quite sad really.

Yeah I was reading that they ate that up and had no idea it was a work. Something is seriously wrong when you are believing Hulk and Flair are really blowing up at a press conference, lol