Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 06:15 AM)
Lacey Von Erich seems like she has pissed off pretty much everyone

Yeah, apparently she walks around backstage like she owns the place and doesn't take anyone's advice.

Which is a bad thing when you can't wrestle or speak.

She's real cute, but that ain't gonna save her from the unemployment line for long.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Dr. Death Steve Williams:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/5604.html

Source: PWInsider.com

- It's sad to report that wrestling legend Steve "Dr. Death" Williams lost his battle with cancer last night and has passed away. More details should be available soon.

Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Williams.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
RIP Dr. Death Steve Williams:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/5604.html

Source: PWInsider.com

- It's sad to report that wrestling legend Steve "Dr. Death" Williams lost his battle with cancer last night and has passed away. More details should be available soon.

Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Williams.

Don't think I ever heard he was sick or even had cancer. Glad he is not suffering anymore.

I know he had more of career, but I will always remember him getting knocked out by Bart Gunn legit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Don't think I ever heard he was sick or even had cancer. Glad he is not suffering anymore.

I know he had more of career, but I will always remember him getting knocked out by Bart Gunn legit.

THE VARSITY CLUB!!!

Dr. Death, Mike Rotunda, Rick Steiner and Dan Spivey with Kevin Sullivan as their "coach".

Awesomeness!!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
was Dr Death the guy that b****slapped that 20/20 reporter(totally blanking on his name right now) who called wrestling fake to his face?

No, that was another Dr. D., David Schultz.

Schultz was off his f***ing rocker.

Dr. Death was a good friend of Jim Ross, yet agreed (to keep his job, I'm sure) to hang around with Ed Ferrara's awful "Oklahoma" character in WCW, who was basically mocking Ross' Bell's Palsy.

And it was John Stossel who took the open hand to the ear, messing up his hearing legit.

Edited by The Critic

haha man I remember Butterbean knocking out Bart Gunn now.. that was awesome

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
She is #2 on my list behind Velvet Sky.

First, thank you for that shot of Maryse. That was more than needed. Secondly, behind Velvet Sky? To each their own I suppose.

I remember hearing Jim Cornette tell a story how the Gunn/Williams fight was set up for Williams to win & to be set up in a main card feud with Stone Cold. Gunn ends up winning, Vinny Mac has the bright idea to give the push to Gunn, and then Butterbean happened...

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
I remember hearing Jim Cornette tell a story how the Gunn/Williams fight was set up for Williams to win & to be set up in a main card feud with Stone Cold. Gunn ends up winning, Vinny Mac has the bright idea to give the push to Gunn, and then Butterbean happened...

Wasn't that Brawl 4 All booked as legit boxing matches and they were ending in decisions and no knockouts then Bart Gunn knocked out Dr Death and they started pre-determining Bart Gunn knocking guys out...than threw him to the wolves at WM 15 against Butterbean. I don't think anyone thought Bart Gunn would have a shot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)
One day until the new Monday Night War, Bret Harts return, and the AARPWO returns in TNA

Sounds like RVD and Mr. Kennedy will show up as well.

I'm more excited for Angelina Love re-signing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
Are Kennedy and RVD WWE copyrights? If so, then its gonna be Ken Anderson, and I have to wonder what RVD would be renamed

I think RVD has rights to his name since he used it before signing with WWE.

Angelina Love re-signing = goodbye Lacey Von Erich. Too bad for my eyes, but good for the business.

Okay, if this is true......NOW color me interested!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/31801...e-creative

In a most interesting article posted by The Sports Courier, it is speculated TNA Wrestling will blast out during its first unopposed hour this Monday January 4th during the 1st Monday Night Wrestling Wars in 9 years. Vince McMahon's WWE will be challenged by a new version of TNA, lead by former WCW President Eric Bischoff, WWE Wrestlemania and All Time Legend Hulk Hogan, TNA President Dixie Carter, and surprises they will unveil on Monday Night.

According to the article, which was written by Fred Richani there is a 95% that former WWE superstar Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson will make his TNA debut this Monday night. Before you discredit this source, think about it. Anderson has been relatively quiet. He took some Nu-Wrestling Evolution and Hulkamania Tour international bookings, but has not popped up much, if at all stateside in a wrestling capacity. Anderson even said on his Twitter that he wasn't a free agent. This was in response to a fan mentioning he was “the hottest free agent in wrestling.”

Now here comes the big surprise.

From the article:

Here's the real bombshell. We are told there is a 75% chance, if not better, that former ECW owner, WWE manager/commentator, and creative genius Paul Heyman will debut for TNA on Monday night. In fact, it is believed that he may be the first person you see on your television screen, assuming the now non-WWE contracted Shane McMahon doesn't decide to take a stroll (now that would freeze hell over) to Orlando, Florida.

On a side note, if Heyman does debut for TNA on Monday night, it further pieces everything together. RVD and Anderson did the Hulkamania Tour. RVD is tight with Hogan. Heyman is loyal to Anderson and RVD. Heyman can provide the creativity and sense that has been lacking in TNA's booking for quite some time.

And here's some food for thought. Tommy Dreamer left WWE's ECW brand. He is actually not contracted by WWE anymore. In fact, he can't appear on television for a major promotion until a designated 90-day period ends. I ask you readers this.

Who said Dreamer would go to TNA as a wrestler?

If Heyman shocks the world Monday night, expect Dreamer to be backstage and involved in some creative/road agent capacity in the very near future (aka a non-televised/non-active wrestling role).

Lastly, we were told that none of us should be surprised if Booker T returns to Raw this Monday night for WWE, as a way of Vince McMahon letting TNA know “I won't acknowledge you, but I know you're there.”

Hulk Hogan seems to be doing what he's said since joining TNA: shaking things up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Heyman would be interesting, but the powers that be never seem to let Heyman do his thing. When he is creative control, he is at his best, but I really cannot see Bischoff or Hogan allowing that

I don't think Heyman would sign on unless he had things in writing. He's basically moved on from wrestling, although he has kept his ear to the ground. I think Heyman, Hogan and Bischoff would be highly motivated to challenge VKM, so anything is possible. If it meant Russo got the boot, even better.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Heyman would be interesting, but the powers that be never seem to let Heyman do his thing. When he is creative control, he is at his best, but I really cannot see Bischoff or Hogan allowing that

This. I bet he is just an on air charater more than anything. Heyman should run the show.

My buddy was telling me he heard a Hogan quote where Hulk was saying that he wants to do away with the 6 sided ring ASAP. I havent found it yet, but if so I would agree with that decision, although it does remove a bit of brand identity from TNA. That 6 sided ring just doesnt work when I watch it though, the wrestlers look like their moves are inhibited by the ring, they are used to more space between posts

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Wasn't that Brawl 4 All booked as legit boxing matches and they were ending in decisions and no knockouts then Bart Gunn knocked out Dr Death and they started pre-determining Bart Gunn knocking guys out...than threw him to the wolves at WM 15 against Butterbean. I don't think anyone thought Bart Gunn would have a shot.

IIRC, it was set up for Dr. Death to win the entire thing until Gunn knocked him out. Then they decided to throw him in there against Butterbean thinking that he actually had a chance. That was the last we heard of Bart Gunn.

As for tomorrow night. Yep, I'll be watching my first TNA show, that is until 8 when my favorite wrestler makes his return & hopefully it won't suck.

I just hope TNA realizes that they can bring in all the star power they want, they still have to put out a quality product. Even though growing up on the original ECW, RVD & Heyman excite me. Same with Kennedy.