Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 06:40 AM)
Did Cena look any different?(ie. smaller, less bulky)

He looked exactly the same. It really is amazing he is back so soon. He did a lot of activity in the Rumble as well. Not like he was taking it easy.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 08:43 AM)
He looked exactly the same. It really is amazing he is back so soon. He did a lot of activity in the Rumble as well. Not like he was taking it easy.

Yeah, I was thinking about this on the way to work today after I read this thread. How much do you think WWE fudges rehab time so that their stars can make miraculous early returns? Not that Cena had a minor injury or anything, but what would be the true rehab time for an injury like he had?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 05:13 AM)
Rumored WM24 matches;

With Cena back, unless there is a screwjob with Cena not being granted the title shot, the top matches for WrestleMania appear to be John Cena vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship, Edge vs. The Undertaker for the World Championship, Triple H vs. Batista and Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy (with Kennedy likely ending Flair’s career). I would also expect MVP to finally face Matt Hardy, and Maria to face Beth Phoenix for the WWE Women’s Championship since Maria will be the Playboy girl this year.

It would suck for Kennedy to end Flair's career. I have really soured on Kennedy. I was jacked for the MITB thing and waiting a year to use it. Than he got hurt and suspended and now he is boring to me. They were teasing HBK vs. UT last night after they got eliminated. I think Edge vs. Taker is natural but Cena returning turns things upside down. I think things will be clear after No Way Out.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
I didnt even see the Rumble, but when I clicked this thread to read what happened and saw "I didnt miss him at all" I was like MOTHER f***ER it better not be Cena.. so lame

If I didn't watch it and saw it online, I would of had the same reaction, but it came off pretty cool. Supposedly he starts a 5 month movie shoot in the next few weeks so maybe he won't be around too long now.

And the WrestleMania commercial they aired, awful. Except for Kelly Kelly.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 08:45 AM)
I have really soured on Kennedy. I was jacked for the MITB thing and waiting a year to use it. Than he got hurt and suspended and now he is boring to me.

I agree. The suspension and injury really stalled his progress, and he hasn't shown anything since his return.

I used to look forward to his appearances, now he's just another guy on the roster to me.

My girlfriend, well now my ex-girlfriend is the reason I missed last night's PPV. She decided that last night would be the night that we'd talk about our relationship.

Good to see a surprise winner in the Rumble, even if it is SuperCena.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
My girlfriend, well now my ex-girlfriend is the reason I missed last night's PPV. She decided that last night would be the night that we'd talk about our relationship.

So you had your own Rumble, and you were eliminated?

:P :D

Decent segment on Impact just now.

Bubba cut a surprisingly good promo (he was intense, believable, and gave a good line - "if God was a heel, he'd be in Team 3D"), then Little Macho and the Popguns did a pretty good comedy skit mocking the ECW-era Dudleyz until the Dudz and Devine beat them down, dragged them to the ring and tabled them all.

And then Christy Hemme and her nobodies come out and kill my interest. Ah well....