Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is the booking on the way to Wrestlemania just god awful. They've got a natural feud with a guy that had the longest reign in like the last 20 years who never actually lost his title vs. the guy who's beat everyone in front of him. Instead they'd rather force the No Way Out main event and throw money down the toilet, and have HHH headline 'Mania with Cena. Last time I checked great builds help make the payoff.

For a Cena/HHH rematch to be interesting to me, Cena needs to be full fledged heel, but that will never happen.

I'm still not convinced Orton drops the belt at NWO. Cena vs. Orton would be the best choice for me, but WWE needs to seel 100,000 tickets and putting HHH in the match will help.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 04:22 AM)
Is it me or is the booking on the way to Wrestlemania just god awful. They've got a natural feud with a guy that had the longest reign in like the last 20 years who never actually lost his title vs. the guy who's beat everyone in front of him. Instead they'd rather force the No Way Out main event and throw money down the toilet, and have HHH headline 'Mania with Cena. Last time I checked great builds help make the payoff.

Orton will beat Cena and be over huge on his way to WM.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
Orton will beat Cena and be over huge on his way to WM.

I'm hoping. Cena is also to start filming his next movie in the next week or so. That is another reason why I think Orton retains.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:51 PM)
I am the biggest Orton fan here

But not even I am blind enough to see there is no way Orton wins.. Super Cena vs HHH, and I am SICKENED

Yeah, but what can you do? Tripsy McMahon gets to cherry-pick his "victims" and he must want to get some heel heat without turning full heel again.

As underwhelmed as I am by Orton, he's light-years ahead of Cena to me. Cena makes me grab for the remote immediately....it takes a few seconds when Orton comes on. :D

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:51 PM)
I am the 2nd biggest Orton fan here

But not even I am blind enough to see there is no way Orton wins.. Super Cena vs HHH, and I am SICKENED

Fixed, and than what is Orton's plans for WM if he is not in the title match?

I read that HBK will be ending Flair's career at WM. Curious how that angle will play out. The only young guy who deserves to end Flair's career to further himself is Orton. We'll see.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
Does Flair just go away, or do you think WWE works him into the show as a mouthpiece or GM role?

I'd love for Flair to become a manager in the old-school style of a JJ Dillon, Cornette or Heyman/Dangerously, but that doesn't seem to be the fashion anymore. I think he'll become either a GM figure or maybe even a color commentator? (Coachman keeping the SmackDown seat warm, perhaps?)

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm guessing he'll go away and retire. If he still wanted to be in the business, he'd be wrestling IMO.

Personally, I think he will stick around.

I think he still loves the business, and he has a lot of respect for Vince, he's just too old and his body can't take it anymore.

It's amazing to me how long he's been around after that plane crash - all the bumps he's taken since then, it's mind-boggling.

I'd love to see him trying to teach the next Dirtiest Player In The Game, too. It would give him the opportunity to develop and refine new heels as well as establishing new babyfaces by turning on them when they don't perform to his liking.

There are a lot of possibilities for Naytch as a manager.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Wouldn't it be poetic if HBK beats Flair at WM, ends his career, they have that hug, waves goodbye, cries...than low blows HBK. WOOOOO!

...and THIS is why you can't be a writer for the WW - your story would be ENTERTAINING!!!

I would have a protege picked out before the WM match and have the guy come in after the low blow and just DESTROY Michaels. I'm trying to think of a decent wrestler who's dismal on the mic - that's the kind of guy who'd really benefit from having Flair as his manager.

The more I think of Flair as a heel manager, the more I like it - he could be the new Heenan.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
...and THIS is why you can't be a writer for the WW - your story would be ENTERTAINING!!!

I would have a protege picked out before the WM match and have the guy come in after the low blow and just DESTROY Michaels. I'm trying to think of a decent wrestler who's dismal on the mic - that's the kind of guy who'd really benefit from having Flair as his manager.

The more I think of Flair as a heel manager, the more I like it - he could be the new Heenan.

How about the Smackdown vs Raw generic created superstar Cody Rhodes!!!!

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
How about the Smackdown vs Raw generic created superstar Cody Rhodes!!!!

COME ON. If Hardcore Sparky Plugg Holly couldn't get Cody over, how can Flair even hope to????

There is no shade of green deep enough for that sentence.

:lol:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)

As much as I loved Heenan, Flair could be better than Heenan was as a manager.

You would need someone to be able to feud with HBK and be believable....Jeff Hardy heel turn? Anyone? Hardy is so over right now, they can't do that.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
You WISH you were as big of an Orton fan as me :headbang

Now now fellas, you guys can both be Orton's #1. I'm pretty sure no one's looking to challenge you for that great honor.

Anyway if we're talkin Flair as a manger i'd put him with someone like a Shelton Benjamin, great worker but just HORRIBLE on the mic. Him yelling "Ain't No Stopping Me Now!!!!!!!" has got to be the laziest attempt to get a phrase over. Or i'd place him with someone that was coming up from the developmental ranks.

Edited by MHizzle85