Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
TNA has offered a "Head Coaching" job to Bobby Knight.

Man, if that stupid little publicity stunt doesn't smell like the dying days of wCw, I don't know what does.

What, you dont think David Arquette was a good idea?

I dont know you anymore

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
What, you dont think David Arquette was a good idea?

I dont know you anymore

While it was a HHHHHHHHHHORRIBLE idea, I never held Arquette's title reign against him.

Hell, if someone offered me the chance, deserved or not, to hold the strap and work a few programs, I'd jump all over it.

Besides, he donated all his wrestling paychecks to charity and flatly refused any of Russo's storylines that included him getting a clean win over anyone.

Got this from rajah.com

As we reported earlier, TNA will air the Barbed Wire Massacre match between Abyss and Judas Mesias for Sunday’s Against All Odds pay-per-view from tape. The company will pass it off from people watching on pay-per-view like it is taking place live in Orlando, Florida. There is definitely concern on how the live crowd will react as the tape roles inside of the arena. In attempt to make it look believable, Earl Hebner who refereed the match will not be in Greenville for the PPV nor will Jim Cornette who is also part of the match. They used an alternate ring announcer so that David Penzer would be able to work the pay-per-view. Mike Tenay and Don West will call the match live from the arena.

LOL, so TNA is pre-recording matches, then showing them at a pay-per-view. That ought to bring in the pay per view buys by the thousands.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Got this from rajah.com

LOL, so TNA is pre-recording matches, then showing them at a pay-per-view. That ought to bring in the pay per view buys by the thousands.

I read that they had to do so because North Carolina wouldn't sanction the barbed wire match, still a stupid decision in my opinion.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I read that they had to do so because North Carolina wouldn't sanction the barbed wire match, still a stupid decision in my opinion.

The only reason I think it is stupid is because it is a pay per view. Could you imagine a canned match in the middle of No Way Out or Survivor Series? It would suck the life right out of the arena, "Hey everyone, direct your attention to the titan-tron to watch undertaker vs kane in a extreme rules match"

for a regular tv broadcast, this would be ok. Not ideal, but ok. For a pay per view, just a bad idea

Edited by kyyle23

DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- If you're wondering where Ron Simmons has been in recent weeks, he recently took up WWE's rehab offer. Simmons is currently staying at a rehab center in Atlanta. Simmons was last seen on television at the 12/29 Raw taping in Greensboro in a "Happy New Year's" vignette with Jillian Hall.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
The only reason I think it is stupid is because it is a pay per view. Could you imagine a canned match in the middle of No Way Out or Survivor Series? It would suck the life right out of the arena, "Hey everyone, direct your attention to the titan-tron to watch undertaker vs kane in a extreme rules match"

for a regular tv broadcast, this would be ok. Not ideal, but ok. For a pay per view, just a bad idea

Eh, remember the boiler room brawl with Mankind and Taker? Not exactly the same gimmick, but still wanting the match on a screen.

Either way, nobody watches TNA ppv's anyway.

Plenty of good seats available:

sources: Wrestling Observer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter, www.f4wonline.com

-- As of this weekend, TNA has sold between 1,500 and 2,000 tickets for tomorrow's Against All Odds pay-per-view at the BI-LO Center in Greenville, South Carolina. The building holds at least 11,000 people for wrestling. Due to sluggish ticket sales, TNA has begun papering the event, in other words, giving away tickets for free. They are even giving away the pricier ringside tickets that cost $150 as some of the Bi-Lo Center contacts have been offered them. Although, it seems like not too many of their contacts have taken up the offer as second row seating is still available for purchase at TicketMaster.com. Also, TicketMaster is apparently having a complimentary ticket offer for the show as one person was planning on buying tickets, but came away with three complimentary tickets and didn't pay a penny.

Hey Yo, I got a problem:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Former WWE star "Razor Ramon" Scott Hall has taken up WWE's rehab offer. Apparently, Hall had a recent breakdown in Puerto Rico. He then decided to take up WWE's offer. Hall is staying at the same rehab center former WWE star Jake "The Snake" Roberts is currently situated at, which is in Atlanta. Roberts is currently nine weeks into his fourteen-week stay at the facility.

They're just a couple guys away from a pretty decent indy show at that rehab center.

Edited by The Critic

Eh, remember the boiler room brawl with Mankind and Taker? Not exactly the same gimmick, but still wanting the match on a screen.

Either way, nobody watches TNA ppv's anyway.

Same thing with Savage vs. Crush (the ending) at Wrestlemania X, the Junkyard invitational, the graveyard match wth Sting and Vampiro, WWF Hardcore matches that spilled all over including the Mississippi River or like that Kevin Sullivan vs. Chris Benoit match at Slamboree (?) which had a brawl in the men's bathroom with a woman in there.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 09:08 AM)
Thats a pretty nice offer from WWE to put Scott Hall up in rehab considering Scott Halls long history of screwing over his employers.

Yeah, the E threw out a blanket rehab offer to all their ex-employees, I think half as a nice gesture and half as a PR move against any possible steroid/PED investigations.

Holy Bad Buyrates, Batman!!!

from Gerweck:

According to reports ROH's last PPV "Undeniable" only had 19 total buys on all of Dish Network. As previously reported the PPV only did 36 buys in the entire country of Canada which has led to them no longer being shown there. ROH is likely to stop airing PPV's once the final two have aired.

What the hell????

You should be able to get 36 buys from people accidentally hitting "buy" on their remotes!!!

....maybe that's what happened, now that I think about it.... :P

WWE tinkering with history...

Survivor Series ’00: vs. Triple H – This match ranks only behind the Undertaker vs. Yokozuna match at Royal Rumble ’94 as the stupidest ending to a match in WWE history. Thankfully, this is both the first and last time we ever got to hear the inner thoughts of the wrestlers during a match. However, that is not the big story about this match on the DVD.

**For those that don’t know, Chris Benoit played a role in getting the action from inside of the arena to the parking lot. When these segments happen, a logo from the Surivor Series is shown and the match skips to a part without him. That happens twice during this match.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
Holy Bad Buyrates, Batman!!!

from Gerweck:

According to reports ROH's last PPV "Undeniable" only had 19 total buys on all of Dish Network. As previously reported the PPV only did 36 buys in the entire country of Canada which has led to them no longer being shown there. ROH is likely to stop airing PPV's once the final two have aired.

What the hell????

You should be able to get 36 buys from people accidentally hitting "buy" on their remotes!!!

....maybe that's what happened, now that I think about it.... :P

That CANNOT be right. 19 buys? 19?!!!!!!!!

Anyone getting "No Way Out" tonite?

Rumor has Flair losing to Kennedy, only to beg for a one shot deal at Wrestlemania next week. I also read that Triple H will win the elimination chamber, but it will be disputed by another wrestler in the match who will say he won as well, setting up a small feud that will be decided before Mania

If Kennedy beats Flair, I will Riot! If a younger wrestler is to end Flairs career for a boost, it should be Orton.

I have really soured on Kennedy where I don't care for him and if he was released, I would shrug it off.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
If Kennedy beats Flair, I will Riot! If a younger wrestler is to end Flairs career for a boost, it should be Orton.

I have really soured on Kennedy where I don't care for him and if he was released, I would shrug it off.

Didnt Orton already have his chance to end Flair's career?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
Didnt Orton already have his chance to end Flair's career?

Yeah, I'm not saying it will be him, but if it is a young guy, it should be Orton with the "Legend Killer" gimic. I still think it will be HBK at WM. But than I heard HBK vs. Hardy at WM. Who knows? It will be more clear in the next week.