Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
Rumor has Flair losing to Kennedy, only to beg for a one shot deal at Wrestlemania next week.

That would be a disgrace.

Ric Flair shouldn't be reduced to begging for a goodbye match.

If they must have him lose tonight (which I don't think they should), it would make more sense to have him lose in a disputed finish (foot under ropes or shoulder actually lifts before the 3 count), and have Vince (or more likely one of the GMs) reverse the finish on Raw so Flair can continue. You'd have to make the WM a rematch at that point, I think, unless Flair avenges the loss between now and then so the HBK match can be established.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For reference, here is the story i was commenting on, courtesy of rajah.com

Tonight, WWE presents their final Pay-Per-View before WrestleMania XXIV - NO WAY OUT 2008. With 3 title matches, 2 Elimination Chambers and what could be Ric Flair's final match, this is sure to be a huge night for WWE fans. Based on various reports from a number of reliable sources, here's a look at what to expect tonight:

- While WrestleMania XXIV will likely be Ric Flair's final match, there is still a chance Mr. Kennedy could defeat Flair tonight to end his career. A possible scenario that's been reported is that Ric Flair would lose tonight to Kennedy and then come back in a few weeks to beg Mr. McMahon for a chance to have his real last match take place on the big stage of WrestleMania. This one could go either way

from rajah.com

BIG SHOW RETURNS

Immediately following the match Big Show’s music hits, to a not-so loud pop in the crowd. Big Show makes his way to the ring looking to have trimmed down a bit. Big show gets on the mic and says he missed this place. Show says he will be a champion again, and it does not matter where. He says he’s not here to make guarantees or promises. He says he’s lost 108 pounds. He said he’s faster, meaner, and ready to be back in the WWE. Show hops over the rope and grabs an injured Rey Mysterio around the throat. Show starts taunting Rey to his friend Floyd Mayweather in the front row. Show throws Rey into the ring. Mayweather gets up and tries to rush the ring as Show is about to chokeslam him but everyone holds him back. Show hoists him up and Mayweather jumps the railing and charges him. Everyone charges after Mayweather to hold him back. Show puts Rey down and the two are now face to face. Show takes his jacket off. Mayweather stares cold and emotionless at the much taller show, who shoves him back into his team. They hold Mayweather back. Show drops to a knee to tell him to take a shot. Mayweather gets two shots in and darts away from the ring with his whole crew. The escape through the crowd. Show charges him as fast as possible but they get away. Shane McMahon comes through the crowd and stops Big Show. We get a close up of Shows face and it looks like one seriously landed breaking Show’s nose as he is bleeding from the nose and mouth profusely. Show is spitting blood. There was no announcing for the entire segment. Great tension builder.

WTF? Big Show got his face broken by Floyd Mayweather?

The Big Show segment was awesome last night. It looked like Mayweather accidently hit Show's nose with a punch but made it look cooler. Big Show lost a lot of weight and immediatley jumped out of the ring and ran after Mayweather. Pretty sweet.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
The Big Show segment was awesome last night. It looked like Mayweather accidently hit Show's nose with a punch but made it look cooler. Big Show lost a lot of weight and immediatley jumped out of the ring and ran after Mayweather. Pretty sweet.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it awesome, but Show looked good and the blood, accidental or not, lent some credibility to Floyd actually being able to damage Show.

The bit went on a little long on both ends (buildup and aftermath), I thought, but it was effective enough.

Whether or not anyone buys into the idea that Floyd can actually defeat Show, I don't know, but this should get the mainstream press Vince always seeks before Mania, and should draw a few buyrates out of curiosity.

I don't think it will be one on one. With Rey's arm screwed up, I bet the only way he gets to wrestle at WM is in a tag match.

Rey/Mayweather vs. Show/?

I'd like to see Show pin Mayweather. Everyone would expect the other way, a la LT/Bigelow

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
I don't think it will be one on one. With Rey's arm screwed up, I bet the only way he gets to wrestle at WM is in a tag match.

I'd like to see Show pin Mayweather. Everyone would expect the other way, a la LT/Bigelow

Rumor is a tag match between Floyd/Rey and Show/Shane.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Flair is the first confirmed Hall Of Fame inductee.

No surprise there, and well-deserved.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm guessing it turns into an angle with HBK.

Them showing all that old footage makes me sad. I so miss the old days when it felt more real and it was more sport than show.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Good God, Mayweather is horrid on the mic.

I really dislike the celebrity matches, especially on The E's biggest night of the year.

This whole Mayweather thing smells like Karl Malone in wCw.

I didn't think he was that bad.

It's not like he will be main eventing against Show. I just hope they don't make Show job to him.

WWE handles their celeb things a lot better than WCW ever did. Having KFed beat Cena was bad, but the angle was kind of cool.

Just some thoughts since I was finally able to watch No Way out.

Knew Chavo wouldn't be dropping the title this soon, but kinda surprised in the fashion he did it in.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber wasn't very good.

The sooner they get Flair out of competition, the better. I'm tired of seeing these matches where he gets worked over and then does his 30 seconds of offense and "pulls out" the win.

Edge/Mysterio, bleh...knew it was going to be short due to his injury.

Nice to see Show get his face busted by Mayweather.

Weak ending to Orton/Cena, Cena didn't look too good either.

Great main event, way to put Hardy over while giving HHH the win. Hardy's easily the most over in WWE at the moment.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)

Doesn't Mayweather have somewhat of an ego? I'm not sure I can see him allowing that to happen.

Does anyone else have problems with the USA-HD channel breaking up alot? I've only noticed this on USA-HD, never had a problem with any other HD channel. The screen breaks up and gets very slow every few minutes, but then it goes back to a good, clean feed. It gets so annoying that I'm forced to watch the non HD station, which sucks.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
Does anyone else have problems with the USA-HD channel breaking up alot? I've only noticed this on USA-HD, never had a problem with any other HD channel. The screen breaks up and gets very slow every few minutes, but then it goes back to a good, clean feed. It gets so annoying that I'm forced to watch the non HD station, which sucks.

Yup. I have this problem only with WWE HD. I thought it was my HDMI cable at first but other people are coming out with this problem as well.