Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Shadows @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
While I can agree Creed is lame as all hell, at least Alter Bridge is way better than what they use to do

Man, I just cannot agree with that. When i was at the radio station I worked at, it sounded the same, the guy even LOOKED like Scott Stapp when they came out. Maybe Alter Bridge has gone away from it a little bit, but the band is still creed, the music is still based on the lead guitarist's music.

But I dont want this to turn into a debate where I rip on your music tastes and you end up ripping on mine. Alter Bridge sells a lot of albums, so they obviously have a pretty strong fanbase and I can respect that.

The reason I dont like the songs is because of the way they come off when they start up. Bands like Nonpoint and RATM and Motorhead make excellent intro songs because of the strong intros to the song. CM Punks choice just doesnt scream "innovator, crazy as hell" like I think it should. It may be a good song in its entirety, i just dont think it fits the persona of CM Punks character

I used to really like Jeff Hardys intro music with the heavy drum beat, because I thought it FIT Jeff Hardy, especially how he comes out with his little snake dance.

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 13, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
But I dont want this to turn into a debate where I rip on your music tastes and you end up ripping on mine. Alter Bridge sells a lot of albums, so they obviously have a pretty strong fanbase and I can respect that.

It wont be a debate, I like 2 Alter Bridge songs

I just happen to thing Metallingus is an awesome song.. thats about where my alter bridge affair ends.

I do not like creed, and I guess you can say I really don't like Alter Bridge either

I listen to pretty much metal at all times.. but there are a few other songs ill listen to

but just to get the record straight.. im not some alter bridge fan or anything like that

QUOTE (Shadows @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)
It wont be a debate, I like 2 Alter Bridge songs

I just happen to thing Metallingus is an awesome song.. thats about where my alter bridge affair ends.

I do not like creed, and I guess you can say I really don't like Alter Bridge either

I listen to pretty much metal at all times.. but there are a few other songs ill listen to

but just to get the record straight.. im not some alter bridge fan or anything like that

LOL, the record is now straight

Judgement Day Predictions

HHH over Orton

'Taker over Edge

Mickie retains in the Triple Threat

HBK over Jericho (I expect Batista to play a role somehow)

Miz & Morrison over Kane & Punk

Cena over JBL (could be the show stealer, if you like brawls)

Glad I didn't pay for it. Not that the matches were bad, but the results blew. No contest in UT/Edge? Jip. And while the cage match was good, it ended out of nowhere after Orton dominated.

The women's triple threat was good.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
Glad I didn't pay for it. Not that the matches were bad, but the results blew. No contest in UT/Edge? Jip. And while the cage match was good, it ended out of nowhere after Orton dominated.

The women's triple threat was good.

I think all of the matches outside of the Women's title match and HBK/Y2J left me with a feeling of "Thats it?"

Questions going into One Night Stand, Who does HHH defend against? Do we see Edge/'Taker AGAIN? Judgement Day was a decent PPV at best.

I will absolutely purchase this DVD set:

-- WWE is putting together a DVD on Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig entitled The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect. They are currently interviewing people for the project. The two-disc set is scheduled to be released on September 9, 2008.

I hope they include a TON of those "Absolutely Perfect" promos!

:headbang

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 19, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)

-- WWE is putting together a DVD on Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig entitled The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect. They are currently interviewing people for the project. The two-disc set is scheduled to be released on September 9, 2008.

Automatic purchase.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 19, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)

Although I already knew they were making one for him, I'm glad to have a date for it. As you guys may assume, I'm pretty excited.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
Kennedy vs Regal in a "You're Fired!" match tonite

I don't know where they're going with this, but losing either one of them would suck.

Losing Regal would suck so much more than losing Kennedy, though, so if this is a legit "firing" I choose Regal to win.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
I don't know where they're going with this, but losing either one of them would suck.

Losing Regal would suck so much more than losing Kennedy, though, so if this is a legit "firing" I choose Regal to win.

The only thing I can think is that Regal just wants to take some time off of TV. I cannot see either of these guys leaving the company

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
The only thing I can think is that Regal just wants to take some time off of TV. I cannot see either of these guys leaving the company

Yeah, it can't be Kennedy off TV again so soon, so there must be something else at work here.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
Just like WWE to kill a good thing.

Eh, this Regal thing was dying fast to me...it wasn't the right kind of heat, it was more change the channel to watch some of the Flavor of Love heat.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
Regal got suspended 60 days,..

WELL, WELL, WELLNESS VIOLATION......

WWE issued the following this morning on WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment® Suspends Performer

STAMFORD, Conn., May 20, 2008 - In accordance with its Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy, WWE® has suspended Darren Matthews (William Regal) for 60 days for his second violation of the company’s policy

The length of the suspension indicates it is Regal's second Wellness Policy violation. He was "fired" last night on RAW after losing a match to Mr. Kennedy.