Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
Maybe someone can explain this to me since I really havent seen an answer and dont really watch or care for TNA, is it a federation that allows all of its wrestlers to come and go as they please within other federations and promotions? Or do they have a select few that are their own and arent allowed to wrestle elsewhere? WWE doesnt allow their wrestlers to go anywhere other than Deep South and Ohio Valley, which are WWE-owned and operated right?

TNA workers can work some indy federations but cannot work ROH as they use to. Also, TNA instituted a new policy where any indy fed that uses their workers can't use a second-party retailer for their dvds - like highspots.com. As a result, a number of indy feds (like Pro Wrestling Guerrilla) have refused to book TNA talent.

OVW and Florida Championship Wrestling are the two developmental territories for WWE (read: farm system.)

Joe v Angle for every belt imaginable at TNA Hard Justice. Can't wait, despite the silly stips. Negotiations are ongoing with Fox, and they expect that wherever they land, it'll be with two hours. Spike would move Ultimate Fighter to another night.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 12:07 PM)
Joe v Angle for every belt imaginable at TNA Hard Justice. Can't wait, despite the silly stips. Negotiations are ongoing with Fox, and they expect that wherever they land, it'll be with two hours. Spike would move Ultimate Fighter to another night.

Hooray. Two hours of constant run-ins, angles that make no sense and booking that devalues every title! And booking that leaves multiple talents demanding to be released! Because one hour just isn't enough!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
Hooray. Two hours of constant run-ins, angles that make no sense and booking that devalues every title! And booking that leaves multiple talents demanding to be released! Because one hour just isn't enough!

Haha, pretty much spot on description of TNA

Mr. Kennedy was on the Tom Green show the other night. Decent interview other than idiots calling and saying things about the Benoit deal and how "gay" wrestling is. Also said he had been trying to break into the E for 5 years before he got a call.

Man I was at the club tonight, and when it closed I was in front of it with my friends and I started doing Randy Orton poses and these girls came over and video taped it on their phone and said they were gonna put it on YouTube so if I can get a hold of that video I will post it in here so you can see me paying tribute to THE Randy Orton

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:24 AM)
Man I was at the club tonight, and when it closed I was in front of it with my friends and I started doing Randy Orton poses and these girls came over and video taped it on their phone and said they were gonna put it on YouTube so if I can get a hold of that video I will post it in here so you can see me paying tribute to THE Randy Orton

....hmmm.....well, I guess it's a good thing you weren't paying tribute to The Bushwhackers.....

:D

Weird segment on Impact last night.

Looked like a quadruple turn going on, with Team 3D and The Ice Age Outlaws are gonna turn heel, with the Steiner Brothers and LAX flipping face???

3D came out and called out the Steiners, who came out with a Puerto Rican flag (Scott was in PR when he had his emergency surgery), then VKM came out in the middle of the segment and babbled about nothing. VKM and 3D attacked the Steiners with the flag, which brought out LAX for the save - but did they save the Steiners, or just the Puerto Rican flag???

Best line of the segment was Blubber Ray saying that Scott's VERY ugly surgery scar would have been "a papercut" in ECW.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 07:23 AM)
Weird segment on Impact last night.

Looked like a quadruple turn going on, with Team 3D and The Ice Age Outlaws are gonna turn heel, with the Steiner Brothers and LAX flipping face???

3D came out and called out the Steiners, who came out with a Puerto Rican flag (Scott was in PR when he had his emergency surgery), then VKM came out in the middle of the segment and babbled about nothing. VKM and 3D attacked the Steiners with the flag, which brought out LAX for the save - but did they save the Steiners, or just the Puerto Rican flag???

Best line of the segment was Blubber Ray saying that Scott's VERY ugly surgery scar would have been "a papercut" in ECW.

I wouldn't say weird

3D is for sure heel. The crowd in Orlando hates Bubba with a passion, nobody wants to boo Scott because he's an ass kicker and a great promo. LAX is in for a push now with Konnan gone, and the crowd never boo'd them either.

VKM isn't going heel this was just a shade of gray as Russo likes to say.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 07:29 AM)
I wouldn't say weird

3D is for sure heel. The crowd in Orlando hates Bubba with a passion, nobody wants to boo Scott because he's an ass kicker and a great promo. LAX is in for a push now with Konnan gone, and the crowd never boo'd them either.

VKM isn't going heel this was just a shade of gray as Russo likes to say.

I only thought it was weird for the "quadruple flip" element of it.

It felt rushed, is all.

Scott a "great promo"? The guy botches more promos than anyone this side of Lex Luger.

Found it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1477892:date=Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:24 AM:name=Shadows)-->
<!--quotec-->Man I was at the club tonight, and when it closed I was in front of it with my friends and I started doing Randy Orton poses and these girls came over and video taped it on their phone and said they were gonna put it on YouTube so if I can get a hold of that video I will post it in here so you can see me paying tribute to THE Randy Orton

Found it.

Haha, thats definitely not me

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1477892:date=Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:24 AM:name=Shadows)-->
<!--quotec-->Man I was at the club tonight, and when it closed I was in front of it with my friends and I started doing Randy Orton poses and these girls came over and video taped it on their phone and said they were gonna put it on YouTube so if I can get a hold of that video I will post it in here so you can see me paying tribute to THE Randy Orton

Found it.

Now THAT was comedy.

<!--quoteo(post=1477892:date=Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:24 AM:name=Shadows)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Man I was at the club tonight, and when it closed I was in front of it with my friends and I started doing Randy Orton poses and these girls came over and video taped it on their phone and said they were gonna put it on YouTube so if I can get a hold of that video I will post it in here so you can see me paying tribute to THE Randy Orton

Found it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZB93Dw0Hhc"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZB93Dw0Hhc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZB93Dw0Hhc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

YOU FOUND ME!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2951586

In a move that significantly widens the impact of wrestler Chris Benoit's murder-suicide case, two congressmen who opened steroid hearings into Major League Baseball have requested that World Wrestling Entertainment provide records pertaining to the WWE's testing policies and practices.

In a three-page letter dated Friday, Rep. Henry Waxman, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and Tom Davis, its ranking minority member, asked WWE to provide a series of documents intended to give the committee and its investigation a detailed look at WWE's drug-testing policy, including information about the results of performance-enhancing drug tests on pro wrestlers.

And on the lighter side, the infamous Scott Steiner promo from 2000 where he work/shoots on Flair. Hehe...butt sucking.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:06 AM)
I only thought it was weird for the "quadruple flip" element of it.

It felt rushed, is all.

Scott a "great promo"? The guy botches more promos than anyone this side of Lex Luger.

Pfft. I'm going to assume you don't get his promos because you sir are old. :lol: