Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Shows my interest level in the past 2 months ;)

If I didn't go to Raw back in August I probably wouldn't of even realized myself. Other than Smackdown, the WWE hasn't really been that good of a product lately.

the wwe could have a s***load of talent, i dont think it matters tho - the storywriters or whatnot are just downright terrible now.

funaki beating mvp? mvp losing like 10 straight in a row on tv? ridiculous man he cant be in the doghouse that bad.

khali and knoxville s*** etc.

and who else missed the kings heel commentary, now he sounds like a little michael coleanite.

im pissed at everything that is wrestling, other then y2j being champ, it just sucks that the ratings seem so dam low while he is champ, prolly meaning he wont be getting another title anytime soon. ridiculous.

cm punk former world champ in middle of nowhere now. the whole priceless phase has come and gone im completely bored of them now

i dont even watch smackdown or ecw anymore, i loved unforgiven with kendrick in there and such, but after the way it unfolded it just pissed me off how kendrick dominated, hhh comes in and all sudden kendricks a whippin boy.

oh well, end rant, so many things wrong

**EDIT: cant leave out the thing that pisses me off the most, 2 divas matchs = one night. I CANT STAND THAT s***. one is bad enough, their good to look at and s*** just have htem managers, these sets of divas cant wrestle, pff

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Supposedly Cade and Murdoch will teaming up to collect a rubber check from Ian Rotten at a December show in Joliet.

RF Video (and I bought this before Feinstein got outed as a potential molester) has a video called something along the lines of "Things that Weren't Suppose to Happen in Pro Wrestling." The best thing on the video is Jim Cornette losing it at a drive-thru worker, but there's also an independent show where the promoter bailed without paying anyone and a vast majority of the workers refuse to work (don't blame them). Then Axl Rotten takes over the show, it's a real odd thing to witness and I'm suprised it doesn't happen a lot more.

Crypt, you are right. The talent is there but the way they are using guys and some of the stories are awful. I find myself watching MNF more than Raw now and that NEVER used to happen.

I can not STAND Batista. The guy is awful.

I hope they keep the belt on Jericho til WM.

I hope Orton starts that stable when he gets back. I miss good stables.

The WWE really misses Edge right now. He's carried that company on his back for the last year and a half, and it shows right now how much they miss him.

But yes, Wrestling has gone downhill big time, and it shows.

So Foley's "major announcement" that will "change the face of TNA forever" is that he's doing that old "I'm The Owner" gimmick? Basically just turning the Mr. McMahon character inside out and making it a face owner against the heels?

Ugh.

And since the nWo gimmick is done to death, TNA decides to co-opt the old wCw "Millionaires Club" gimmick instead.

Sting, Angle, Booker and Nash are now the Main Event Mafia, and if Christian loses to Booker at the next PPV he has to join them.

Ugh.

I'm not sure if it's McMahon's fault or the writers fault (probably both) but I think wrrestling's biggest downfall is that there is a damn PPV every friggin' month and noone know how to build a storyline anymore. i remember back in the day (scratching my grey hair) when a there was only a few PPV's a year and everything built up for them. You had feuds that lasted 2,3 or even 4 months at a time building each week with each guy getting the upper hand and building some excitement for that Wrestlemania match.

Now it's like...let's throw these two people together....give them a reason to feud...and end it in a month after the latest PPV. Granted, with all the young writers in the WWE now that might be all they know but still....i can't remember when the last time i watched a full WWE show on tv. every once in a while I'll stop and watch a moment in passing but that's it.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 06:12 AM)
I'm not sure if it's McMahon's fault or the writers fault (probably both) but I think wrrestling's biggest downfall is that there is a damn PPV every friggin' month and noone know how to build a storyline anymore. i remember back in the day (scratching my grey hair) when a there was only a few PPV's a year and everything built up for them. You had feuds that lasted 2,3 or even 4 months at a time building each week with each guy getting the upper hand and building some excitement for that Wrestlemania match.

Now it's like...let's throw these two people together....give them a reason to feud...and end it in a month after the latest PPV. Granted, with all the young writers in the WWE now that might be all they know but still....i can't remember when the last time i watched a full WWE show on tv. every once in a while I'll stop and watch a moment in passing but that's it.

I get your point, but I still think they can do it properly. During the onset of the "attitude" or austin era my friend had an illegal cable box so we watched every PPV for a year or two and they used the smaller PPVs to build to major matches at Survivor, Rumble, Mania and Slam. It can be done, I just think they're lacking that one incredible star who gains some mainstream buzz.

Also, it comes down to money. Those PPVs still do OK buyrates.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 06:12 AM)

I wouldn't even say it's the PPV's every month. McMahon doesn't like ideas that aren't his. If he would just go to the younger guys and say "How do you think this angle would play out, shoot me some ideas." Then McMahon would take those ideas to the writers. He's just out of touch. Hence why Miz/Morrison are THE best tag team they have and they're stuck in a meaningless role at the moment. While the champs Dibiase/Rhodes want to be known as the "young guns" but by their promos and wrestling style you'd think these guys were 38.

I'd really wonder how things would be if Jericho never came back. Or I dunno have him and Punk feud over the title that Punk never actually lost.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
You should of seen him sell the stunner last night. It was great.

He was right on the money about one thing in his promo:

WWE really needs him right now.

Everything is so stale, having him back in the mix will be a shot in the arm for sure.

Gabe Soplasky (sp?) out as ROH booker, Adam Pearce in. Seems like it came as a big of a shock, at least to the workers, Meltzer said none of them had any idea.

Also, Meltzer reports Somoa Joe will work the next ROH show in Chicago Ridge, it will be a PPV taping, but Joe won't appear on the PPV portion

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
Sapolsky.

It's weird, but if it means TV, then it's a good thing. Gabe has done ROH since the beginning.

Word is Pearce is gonna switch to an old school 70s style, clear cut heel/face, and shorter shows. Not WWE/TNA 2 minute match short, but trimming time from shows which ROH has needed for some time now.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
Word is Pearce is gonna switch to an old school 70s style, clear cut heel/face, and shorter shows. Not WWE/TNA 2 minute match short, but trimming time from shows which ROH has needed for some time now.

You sound more positive about the change than most of what I've been reading online.

The general feeling seems to be that the "change of direction" may well alienate the ROH crowd, who enjoy the current in-ring style and see ROH as an alternative to the TNA/WWE style of show.