Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
So no Christian in last weeks Smackdown?

They just started the "hit and run" angle with Hardy and his fiancee, so that will play out over the next few weeks.

Christian is slated at this point to be behind the hit and run.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
They just started the "hit and run" angle with Hardy and his fiancee, so that will play out over the next few weeks.

Christian is slated at this point to be behind the hit and run.

My guess is Christian interferes in the match b/w Hardy and Edge at the Rubmle, costing Hardy the title, and setting up the 2 month feud before Wrestlemania.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Oh, dear Lord.

Jericho got "fired" again?

How original and enthralling.....I can hardly wait to see what happens next....(yawwwwwwwwwwn)

You know something about these McMahon power struggle angles just dont do it for me. I think by now we know that the McMahons run the WWE. Don't need to remind us once a year.

Jack Swagger wins the ECW title tonight from Matt Hardy. Interesting to see where this goes.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
Two veteran WWE names released today.

One is Sgt. Slaughter.

The other is Ron Simmons.

....I'll let someone else say it.... :D

DAMN!

Vinny ain't playing around when they said cuts would be made.

Add one more to the list.......

The WWE has officially announced the release of Bob Holly due to the same cost cutting measures we have seen them taking lately. Holly had been with the company since 1994, but had not been seen on television since losing the Tag Team Championships to Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes at June's "Night of Champions" pay per view when Rhodes (Holly's partner at the time) turned on him and sided with DiBiase. He was sent home after that due to some sort of personal issues and hasn't been seen on television since.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 05:17 AM)
Add one more to the list.......

The WWE has officially announced the release of Bob Holly due to the same cost cutting measures we have seen them taking lately. Holly had been with the company since 1994, but had not been seen on television since losing the Tag Team Championships to Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes at June's "Night of Champions" pay per view when Rhodes (Holly's partner at the time) turned on him and sided with DiBiase. He was sent home after that due to some sort of personal issues and hasn't been seen on television since.

Every kid in developmental just did a cartwheel.

Holly is a dick.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 07:15 AM)
Every kid in developmental just did a cartwheel.

Holly is a dick.

I don't know if he was a dick. Most interviews I have heard or read from younger guys say Holly just takes his job seriously and don't have a problem with him.

That said, I hated Bob Holly. He was a bitter guy who thought he was owed a lot. One of the big time juicers as well. I never "respected" him for what he had done. He was given so many chances and dropped the ball. They gave him a run with Brock and he stunk it up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
I don't know if he was a dick. Most interviews I have heard or read from younger guys say Holly just takes his job seriously and don't have a problem with him.

That said, I hated Bob Holly. He was a bitter guy who thought he was owed a lot. One of the big time juicers as well. I never "respected" him for what he had done. He was given so many chances and dropped the ball. They gave him a run with Brock and he stunk it up.

Nah, he was a dick who took advantage of kids who were in no position to stand up to him.

The younger guys couldn't say anything publicly about him without repercussions.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
Nah, he was a dick who took advantage of kids who were in no position to stand up to him.

The younger guys couldn't say anything publicly about him without repercussions.

I'll always remember the story about the kid (I forget who currently) who forgot to return Holly's rental car on time. Instead of asking the kid to pay the fine like anyone else would of, Holly proceeds to beat the guy up during their match the next night at a house show. Never got why he felt the need to make his point during a match like that. Personally that's the kind of stuff you take care of in private.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
orton touched the ground, he was just as out as Kane. And another thing, Kofi didnt go over the top rope, he went through the ropes.

bogus opening match, blown spots all over the place

Only one foot hit the ground.