Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
That last segment was fantastic last night. Even the Orton haters have to admit that he has gotten better on the mic.

2v8n8sj.gif

Agreed. Secretly i've become an Orton fan. He's finally come into his own.

The only problem with the last segment last night that it seemed to be all about the McMahons again. RAW's 2 top heels might of lost steam due to this, IMO.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton is much more interesting on the mic lately, I have to admit, although I'm not too keen on him leading the Legacy faction.

It doesn't help him and it doesn't elevate DiBiase or Rhodes. It could (and still can) be a much more effective vehicle for a batch of midcarders to get over.

Manu, Snuka, Natalya Neidhart, DH Smith, Mike Rotundo's kid (can't remember his name, he's down in Florida right now) - they could all be helped by the rub a heel stable could provide. DiBiase seemed like he was capable of handling the mouthpiece role.

Orton doesn't need them, and they really don't need him either. He could continue using them for numbers or sneak attacks, but not as underlings (which they look like right now).

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
Orton is much more interesting on the mic lately, I have to admit, although I'm not too keen on him leading the Legacy faction.

It doesn't help him and it doesn't elevate DiBiase or Rhodes. It could (and still can) be a much more effective vehicle for a batch of midcarders to get over.

Manu, Snuka, Natalya Neidhart, DH Smith, Mike Rotundo's kid (can't remember his name, he's down in Florida right now) - they could all be helped by the rub a heel stable could provide. DiBiase seemed like he was capable of handling the mouthpiece role.

Orton doesn't need them, and they really don't need him either. He could continue using them for numbers or sneak attacks, but not as underlings (which they look like right now).

from a few things I have read, Manu is walking on very thin ice. His exile from the legacy faction wasnt as much storyline as it was Ortons true feelings.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
from a few things I have read, Manu is walking on very thin ice. His exile from the legacy faction wasnt as much storyline as it was Ortons true feelings.

Well, then, out with Manu and in with Jake The Snake's daughter.

DONE AND DONE!

:D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
Well, then, out with Manu and in with Jake The Snake's daughter.

DONE AND DONE!

:D

Manu was horrible and didn't fit in. Had no problem with them giving him the boot. Need pics of Jake's daughter.

I'm a long time wrestling fan, basically as long as I can remember, and I just don't see it in Orton. I think it's contrived and he lacks charisma. I think a lot of it to me was he was overpushed. That's the think with wrestling though, not everyone is going to see it in the top guys, Vince's opinoin is worth more than mine and obviously Orton seems to draw, so I'm in the minority.

QUOTE (Greenman @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
1. Jake the Snakes daughter is fat and gross, go watch Beyond the Mat

2. Orton is awesome, do not speak ill of him

pffffft you just like his lame intro music ;)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
pffffft you just like his lame intro music ;)

No, I actually cant stand his new music.. His other music was perfect, this new music doesnt seem like entrance music to me

QUOTE (Greenman @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
No, I actually cant stand his new music.. His other music was perfect, this new music doesnt seem like entrance music to me

I actually liked his persona when he had his cocky smile all the time. His dark and brooding attitude is overdone in the WWE

QUOTE (Greenman @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)

I don't mind his new music. They could re-edit it to make it sound better when it kicks in.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Orton's winning the Rumble. Put money on it.

It wouldn't shock me to see that the Vince getting punted was Stephanie's idea as an angle.

I think you maybe right about the Steph thing. She was a heel GM than for a week or two, a face.

When was the last time a heel won the Rumble? Vince?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
Orton's winning the Rumble. Put money on it.

It wouldn't shock me to see that the Vince getting punted was Stephanie's idea as an angle.

Nope. Triple H is winning it. HHH/Edge at Mania. Jeff will lose it and face Christian.

Last heel winning the Rumble was Vince in 1999.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
Nah, he'll be parking cars and waiting for Hardy.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Nope. Triple H is winning it. HHH/Edge at Mania. Jeff will lose it and face Christian.

Last heel winning the Rumble was Vince in 1999.

If there's one thing I know about the WWE, Wrestlemania plans always change. I know this has been the plan for awhile & I wouldn't doubt it, it just makes too much sense for Orton to get a huge push right now.

QUOTE (Greenman @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
I also believe that Orton will be winning the rumble

I think it would be better to get the Cena/Orton thing back into action

In fact since classes haven't started yet I thought about how the whole thing can play out...

Orton wins Rumble, we find out Steph was in on the entire thing. Vince comes back next night on Raw to fire Orton. Orton reminds him that since he won the Rumble he has to get his shot before that can happen. So Vince starts to back Cena. We get a good couple of months of Cena/Orton build up with the McMahons in each corner. WM25 rolls around, Vince pulls the swerve. Orton wins the strap, SuperCena's pissed. It can then potentially setup a Cena/Vince feud if need be. The Mr. McMahon character CAN'T be a face, just can't happen.