Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 01:44 AM)
In fact since classes haven't started yet I thought about how the whole thing can play out...

Orton wins Rumble, we find out Steph was in on the entire thing. Vince comes back next night on Raw to fire Orton. Orton reminds him that since he won the Rumble he has to get his shot before that can happen. So Vince starts to back Cena. We get a good couple of months of Cena/Orton build up with the McMahons in each corner. WM25 rolls around, Vince pulls the swerve. Orton wins the strap, SuperCena's pissed. It can then potentially setup a Cena/Vince feud if need be. The Mr. McMahon character CAN'T be a face, just can't happen.

I can live with this scenario.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, how many times have we seen that? Yecchh.

Triple H wins the Rumble, Orton gets fired next week by Steph but figures a way back before No Way Out, wins the Elimination Chamber and there you go. (I guess that works for either guy, and that's what's wrong with the storylines- the wrestlers are interchangable.)

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Ugh, how many times have we seen that? Yecchh.

Triple H wins the Rumble, Orton gets fired next week by Steph but figures a way back before No Way Out, wins the Elimination Chamber and there you go. (I guess that works for either guy, and that's what's wrong with the storylines- the wrestlers are interchangable.)

Well when the writers give us these "wonderful" scenarios, it's what we've got. I only had Orton winning the Rumble just to freshen things up a bit. Heel hasn't won it in 10 years & Trips has won it before.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
What would be great is if Christian wins the Rumble and goes after Jeff, revealing he's the one who's been behind all the attacks. Orton gets fired but "injures" Cena leading John to demand a match at WM.

I prefer the whole Christian being at the Rumble strictly to screw Jeff to costs him the title deal. And i'm tired of seeing Cena "attacked" to only come back stronger than ever deal.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
What would be great is if Christian wins the Rumble and goes after Jeff, revealing he's the one who's been behind all the attacks. Orton gets fired but "injures" Cena leading John to demand a match at WM.

Theres no way Christian is winning anything right away.. hes gonna get punished for leaving for TNA before they push him anywhere..

I think its pretty obvious if he costs Hardy the title, he will lose to Hardy when they actually meet

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
My buddy and I are getting the Royal Rumble tonight. Always liked the Rumble so kind of looking forward to it, especially with nothing else on.

Please do a recap afterwards.

I'm working tonight so I won't have the chance to watch it at all.

Swagger over Matt Hardy clean.

Melina wins Women's belt over Beth.

Cena retains after HBK super kicks JBL and Cena. Puts JBL on Cena and leaves. Slow count and Cena kicks out. Wins with FU.

Edge wins WWE title after Matt Hardy turns heel on Jeff, hitting him with chair and costing belt. Good match.

RANDY ORTON wins the Rumble! RVD was a surprise entrant.

No Christian. Matt Hardy turn wasn't really expected but came off well.

I think I'm going to start to get back into WWE. Judgment Day is in Chicago so I want to go to that too, so that might be a reason why I want to start with it again.

I used to love it but have been on and off with the whole thing for 3 years now. I always loved HHH and Orton.

Who are the major heels and faces now, if anyone has the time?

BTW- when is Taker supposed to get back, have there been any rumors on it at all?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

That was a pretty good Royal Rumble, in the sense that it was old fashioned. There were about 15 guys in the ring at once, which is how it should be.

My only problem with Royal Rumbles is that there is never a surprise winner, not even somewhat surprising. Each time the event comes around, there is a choice between 3 or 4 guys that you know will have to win.

WSB, Undertaker was in the event tonight. I'm not sure he was even gone recently.

Well, I was wrong - I predicted HHH. Oh well. Orton sucks but the Rumble itself was great. Matt's turn on Jeff was awesome, and that match at WM should be killer.

Mania card?:

Orton/Cena

Edge/HHH

Matt/Jeff

HBK/JBL

Taker/Big Show

That's pretty sweet. You'll have a great time, Greenman - I've been to two of them. Don't miss the ROH shows while you're there.

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 12:42 AM)
Well, I was wrong - I predicted HHH. Oh well. Orton sucks but the Rumble itself was great. Matt's turn on Jeff was awesome, and that match at WM should be killer.

Mania card?:

Orton/Cena

Edge/HHH

Matt/Jeff

HBK/JBL

Taker/Big Show

That's pretty sweet. You'll have a great time, Greenman - I've been to two of them. Don't miss the ROH shows while you're there.

I don't want Taker vs. Show at Mania or HBK/JBL there. I would like HBK vs. Taker to be honest. They teased it in a backstage segment.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 12:42 AM)
Mickey Rourke has been signed to appear at WrestleMania.

Rumor is he may have a match against Chris Jericho.

I really hope to Foley that they don't make Jericho job to him - that would blow and suck.

I think they're a bunch of idiots if they put him in a match. An appearance would be nice, but boy, that movie isn't very kind to the industry.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 08:34 AM)
I don't want Taker vs. Show at Mania or HBK/JBL there. I would like HBK vs. Taker to be honest. They teased it in a backstage segment.

Like it or not, that's what they're building to. HBK/Taker was not a tease - it was "the conscience of the WWE" getting Shawn on the right track.

There really cant be surprises in the Rumble because the main event at Wrestlemania is on the line. I don't really mind the way the rumble has gone in recent history, but I thought this one was one of the better rumbles in a while. There was a lot of star power in it this time, and usually my issue with it is there are a bunch of scrubs and maybe four legitimate people who could win, there was a bunch of high profile guys in this one though. And of course, Orton winning was awesome and pretty much made my night.

Oh but I will add this

I am not a fan of the Wrestler #1 gets eliminated by Wrestler #2 who was already eliminated.. Undertaker was eliminated by Big Show, but he had already been eliminated. I wish they wouldn't do things like that, but oh well.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Orton's winning the Rumble. Put money on it.

I'll take my cookie please. :)

Just watched the Rumble, quick thoughts.

Swagger/Hardy was solid, my first time actually watching Swagger.

JBL/Cena is the exact reason why I hate Cena's character.

Jeff/Edge was the match of the night, didn't see the Matt heel turn coming whatsoever. Interesting to see how they'll work that. I'm surprised Jeff didn't blow his knees out on the ladder spot.

Solid Rumble match, glad they pushed Legacy...still didn't think they'd go as far as they did as a unit. RVD caused me to mark out.