Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
Strange Wilderness was terrible. Not funny at all, aside from a few wildlife voiceovers. It was just annoying to watch the fat Jewish kid from Superbad attempt to pull off a southern accent, in addition to his co-start failing to say or do funny things. I honestly question the judgment of my friends, who claimed it was funny. They were obviously under the influence of something.

I commented on that movie when it came out. You should really consider reading my reviews. I think I said it was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen, period. It also got panned by critics and sites like IMDB and rotten tomatoes.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rented Signs and wasn't too entertained with that one either. The alien looked too hokey. It also bothered me how the first slide of the opening and closing credits was the director's name in huge letters. Boost the ego a little much?

So, I'm sitting here listening to my ipod, and the Ghostbusters theme comes on. And it gets me to thinking, they're making all these sequels and remakes now. Why not make a third installment of this franchise? Give it a nice little wrap up, but leave out new characters and just run with the main characters (they're all still alive). I mean, I don't want to see Shia LaBeouf as Egon's son, but I'd like another Ghostbusters movie.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Strange Wilderness was terrible. Not funny at all, aside from a few wildlife voiceovers. It was just annoying to watch the fat Jewish kid from Superbad attempt to pull off a southern accent, in addition to his co-start failing to say or do funny things. I honestly question the judgment of my friends, who claimed it was funny. They were obviously under the influence of something.

Uh, you disgust me.

Strange Wilderness was f***ing hilarious

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
So, I'm sitting here listening to my ipod, and the Ghostbusters theme comes on. And it gets me to thinking, they're making all these sequels and remakes now. Why not make a third installment of this franchise? Give it a nice little wrap up, but leave out new characters and just run with the main characters (they're all still alive). I mean, I don't want to see Shia LaBeouf as Egon's son, but I'd like another Ghostbusters movie.

They have tried multiple times to make a sequel, actually two sequels filmed back to back, but Bill Murray wont cooperate, he hasnt been interested.

I guess the company that owns the rights is trying the roundabout way to find out if people are still interested. A videogame is being developed right now(I believe by Xbox, either that or PS3), and a new cartoon is being developed as well. If both of those do well I bet we see a movie within the next 5 years.

edit: looks like the game is going for all of the systems

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
Uh, you disgust me.

Strange Wilderness was f***ing hilarious

We all know your views are the opposite of the norm, except with Kelly Kelly. :)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 07:49 AM)
They have tried multiple times to make a sequel, actually two sequels filmed back to back, but Bill Murray wont cooperate, he hasnt been interested.

I guess the company that owns the rights is trying the roundabout way to find out if people are still interested. A videogame is being developed right now(I believe by Xbox, either that or PS3), and a new cartoon is being developed as well. If both of those do well I bet we see a movie within the next 5 years.

edit: looks like the game is going for all of the systems

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/

I saw an interview with Dan Akroyd and remember him saying you will see the game before any movie and to consider the game a sequel pretty much.

You can see it here.....

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)
We all know your views are the opposite of the norm, except with Kelly Kelly. :)

Get outttttta here

It was very funny, someone else who has seen it needs to back me up here

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)

It is legitimately the worst movie I have ever seen, no exaggeration.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 01:10 AM)
Wild Wilderness or whatever it is called is without a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. That is no exaggeration. And that's from someone who loved another recent Happy Madison movie in Grandma's Boy.

Heh, looks like I said the same exact thing when it came out.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 11:23 PM)
Get outttttta here

It was very funny, someone else who has seen it needs to back me up here

Sorry homeboy, I watched it for free and still felt like I had been ripped off.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
I saw an interview with Dan Akroyd and remember him saying you will see the game before any movie and to consider the game a sequel pretty much.

You can see it here.....

I saw Batman Begins on Saturday (we had a Batman movie marathon since I'd never seen any of them), wow, that was a really good movie. I'm super excited about the new one now.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
I saw Batman Begins on Saturday (we had a Batman movie marathon since I'd never seen any of them), wow, that was a really good movie. I'm super excited about the new one now.

Batman Begins is probably the best Superhero/Comic Book movie ever made.

1. Batman Begins

2. Spiderman 1

3. X-Men 1

4. Ironman

5. Fantastic Four 1

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)

1. Batman Begins

2. Spiderman 1

3. X-Men 1

4. Ironman

5. Fantastic Four 1

I'm one of those who feels that Spidey 2 is better than 1. Batman Begins is definitely a good choice for #1. TDK could surprass it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)

1. Batman Begins

2. Spiderman 1

3. X-Men 1

4. Ironman

5. Fantastic Four 1

This list is null and void with Fantastic Four on it.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Only good thing from that movie was Jessica Alba

Her acting is just as terrible as both of those F4 movies. She is no redeemer anymore, that movie was bad all around

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Her acting is just as terrible as both of those F4 movies. She is no redeemer anymore, that movie was bad all around

I like most movies I see, but my god, Fantastic Four 1 may just be second on the list of worst movies I've seen, right behind the movie I mentioned above.