Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Hancock is getting KILLED! CNN calls it a mess and it's rocking a 34% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Ebert gave it 3 stars and other people liked it as well. I'm still gonna go see it.

Will Smith usually has a certain charisma about him that almost no matter what I'll leave the theatre having enjoyed the flick. Originally I didn't want to see this movie, but the previews were so damn entertaining.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
Will Smith usually has a certain charisma about him that almost no matter what I'll leave the theatre having enjoyed the flick. Originally I didn't want to see this movie, but the previews were so damn entertaining.

I was really jazzed about seeing this one, but today I heard Kenneth Turan's NPR review that says the film takes a wrong turn mid-way through that it never recovers from so that tempered my excitement a bit. Probably still worth seeing to get that required dose fo summer blockbuster.

Watched 'The Promotion' cuz it was shot in Chicago and the previews looked kinda funny. Very confusing in it's rhythm. A lot of the funny parts were shot in slow mo, or with dramatic music in the background.

Also watched 'Savage Grace' with Julianne Moore, very good, she's good almost always, but somewhat disturbing subject matter.

Not sure why, but I really want to see 'Wanted'. Anyone get hosed otta nine sheets to see it yet?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
The only movie left this summer I really want to see is Dark Knight. However, watching a movie where Heath Ledger has a big role will be kind of odd.

No love for Hellboy 2? That movie is gonna rock

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 06:20 AM)
Not a big fan of his work but he was solid. Great script.

I think he is pretty hot/cold depending on the script. I really enjoyed the movie Tigerland