Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
I pretty much agree with that. The new film was every bit as predictable as Last Crusade, and the ending was weak, but I guess since I expected so little from the new on I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't gawdawful.

Finally saved up enough money to take my kids to see Indy 4. Way better than I expected. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but this was more along the lines of the first one than either 2 or 3. It didn't go out of its way to be super cute with references to the earlier pics. One of the worst sequence in movie history is the beginning oF Indy 3 when Lucas shows the origin of Indy getting the hat, the fear of snakes, etc. He did the exact same thing in the Star Wars prequels. Complete crap.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
I thought the premise was cool. However, the execution left something to be desired. That's putting it lightly.

Is it really that bad?

I've been looking forward to seeing it.

Some people told me they liked it and some didn't like it because it was hard to follow.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
Is it really that bad?

I've been looking forward to seeing it.

Some people told me they liked it and some didn't like it because it was hard to follow.

I thought it was great. Seems like im in the minority though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 01:08 AM)
Just got back from Hancock. I enjoyed it a lot.

I feel bad that I CSI'ed the plot, i.e., I figured it out 45 minutes in.

Charlize Theron's character change was too obvious.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 12:08 AM)
Just got back from Hancock. I enjoyed it a lot.

So did I, in fact, I really liked it and I know not a lot of people did. I liked how it switched moods in the middle. It would of been really good if they built a villian throughout the movie and than came to a head in the last act.

Maybe more of Hancock being an a******.

"All of you blocking that intersection, are idiots."

"Cuz I been drinkin', b****!"

Charlize Theron is the most beautiful woman in Hollywood as well.

Wanted was ok. I dug the twist at the end. Jolie's part seemed kind of minor even though she had a lot of screen time. Odd.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
I feel bad that I CSI'ed the plot, i.e., I figured it out 45 minutes in.

Charlize Theron's character change was too obvious.

You knew something was up when Charlize made contact with Hancock

All in all, Hancock was so so, still entertaining like all Will Smith movies.

Saw Vantage Point finally, I liked it, had that 24 feel to it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
I liked how it switched moods in the middle.

This killed the movie for me, it felt like the rest of the movie was spent trying to justify the twist and it suffered from it, IMO.

Some day, i want to watch Journey to the Center of the Earth just to laugh at the terrible special FX and (no doubt) horrible inaccuracies concerning the planet's inner core. Apparently, exotic plants (without sunlight), dinosaurs and a collection of other creatures exist down there. You can also survive a 10+ second drop into water.

WE'RE STILL FALLING!!! hahaha. Brendon Fraser is really hurting for work between Mummy installments.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 02:47 AM)
saw 'Wanted' tonight and I was expecting it to suck, but I enjoyed it. Angelina is hotter than ever, the violence was absurd and the Chicago scenes are kick ass. A rental for sure.

I enjoyed wanted and yes, Angelina is very hott.

I really want to read the spoilers on Hancock but I want to see it more.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 03:58 AM)
Brendan Fraser is the man. Rewatch the first Mummy, reazlize it's greatness, then learn never to critisize him again.

Then watch George of the Jungle and Dudley Do-Right and go back to making fun of him.

I haven't seen Batman Dark Knight yet, but there is already Oscar talk for Ledger. Let me phrase this tactfully, I find it interesting how artists (musicians and actors) suddenly become brilliant after their deaths. Especially if they died young and suddenly. Sometimes it even stinks of shamelss promotion.

The Joker is such a great character to begin with, I'm trying to think if I've ever seen anyone play him poorly.

Maybe all the hype is valid, but I'll wait and see for myself.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)
I haven't seen Batman Dark Knight yet, but there is already Oscar talk for Ledger. Let me phrase this tactfully, I find it interesting how artists (musicians and actors) suddenly become brilliant after their deaths. Especially if they died young and suddenly. Sometimes it even stinks of shamelss promotion.

The Joker is such a great character to begin with, I'm trying to think if I've ever seen anyone play him poorly.

People are afraid to publically criticize the dead. Everyone is glamorized. Except Anna Nicole Smith. Everyone laughed at that.

I can't say anything about his performance, obviously, but Oscar-buzz generally translates well into a nomination. And if Heath's nominated, he's winning -- regardless of the competition. You just can't let a dead man lose an oscar, and all miss out on all the publicity it will generate! Let's not forget the potential heart-filled acceptance speech from, what I can only guess, will be his wife. She'll be welcomed to the stage by an uncomfortably long standing ovation. The cameras will include frequent shots of their daughter in the audience. Perfect drama for whichever network is carrying the Academy Awards.

The Road will win Best Picture, too. I'm just throwing that out there right now and taking credit four months before its release.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:20 AM)
People are afraid to publically criticize the dead. Everyone is glamorized. Except Anna Nicole Smith. Everyone laughed at that.

I can't say anything about his performance, obviously, but Oscar-buzz generally translates well into a nomination. And if Heath's nominated, he's winning -- regardless of the competition. You just can't let a dead man lose an oscar, and all miss out on all the publicity it will generate! Let's not forget the potential heart-filled acceptance speech from, what I can only guess, will be his wife. She'll be welcomed to the stage by an uncomfortably long standing ovation. The cameras will include frequent shots of their daughter in the audience. Perfect drama for whichever network is carrying the Academy Awards.

The Road will win Best Picture, too. I'm just throwing that out there right now and taking credit four months before its release.

I understand what you are saying, but the buzz about his performance and a possible oscar nomination started before he died, and only intensified afterwards.

But you are right about the speech, dead on. I dont know if Michelle Williams ever married him though.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:20 AM)

I looked up the toxicology report. Wow, I thought I was bad, that guy had a hard time falling asleep, eh?.

Isn't The Road too futuristic/sci/fi ??

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)

to be fair, it's not like his jump was from ten things I hate about you to the dark knight. He had oscar performances before in Brokeback mountain, and even in a short role you could see the shift to serious actor in Monster's Ball.

And, I think Ledger's performance might be a little better than cesar romero's performance.