Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 01:43 AM)
Oh, steffffffff...If it's Halloween, it must be SAW! Oh, yes. Saw 5 this Friday. I'm shaking like a leaf. It's been Christmas every October since 2004 for J4L.

I was going to send you a PM. Jim and I are heading to the Brew-n-view tomorrow night. It looks like it's going to be wrapping up quite a bit of stuff. Have you read anything about it on House of Jigsaw?

Is this going to be the final one? Oh wait, don't tell me. I don't want to know when I go in and watch this. One of the all time greatest sets of horror movies.

I would disagree, but horror movie sets suck so f***ing much.

Hated all of the Friday the 13ths I've seen

Thought the first Nightmare on Elm Street wasn't too bad and Wes Craven's new nightmare was creative, but the rest sucked.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
I would disagree, but horror movie sets suck so f***ing much.

Hated all of the Friday the 13ths I've seen

Thought the first Nightmare on Elm Street wasn't too bad and Wes Craven's new nightmare was creative, but the rest sucked.

+1

I've never been a big fan, but I do understand that there is a built in audience for these kind of films. I saw... saw I and either III or IV and thought they were pretty horrible. The idea in the first one was cool, but it lost its uniqueness by the time Saw 99 came around.

I want to see CHOKE with Sam Rockwell if I can... I hear its supposed to be pretty crude, just the way I likes em.

I rented the Incredible Hulk yesterday. The fight scenes were awesome, especially the final scene. I actually came away thinking that this movie was really set up for a nice run if a production company could commit to the franchise. A few minor things bugged me,

most notably when Betty Ross stopped Hulk from killing Abomination. That thing was going to kill her, and she has some sort of compassion for it? Besides setting up a sequel, what good would come of leaving it alive? And how was the army going to contain that thing once it got up? Call Hulk back in to knock it out again?

The Hulk clap and Hulk smash were pretty cool. There was a really cool mix of the comic book and tv show genre, I liked the old school sad TV show music, and I also liked seeing Lou Ferrigno in his second Hulk cameo.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 07:36 AM)
I rented the Incredible Hulk yesterday. The fight scenes were awesome, especially the final scene. I actually came away thinking that this movie was really set up for a nice run if a production company could commit to the franchise. A few minor things bugged me,

most notably when Betty Ross stopped Hulk from killing Abomination. That thing was going to kill her, and she has some sort of compassion for it? Besides setting up a sequel, what good would come of leaving it alive? And how was the army going to contain that thing once it got up? Call Hulk back in to knock it out again?

The Hulk clap and Hulk smash were pretty cool. There was a really cool mix of the comic book and tv show genre, I liked the old school sad TV show music, and I also liked seeing Lou Ferrigno in his second Hulk cameo.

Agree with you here kyyle. I think they also set up the character nicely for the Avengers film they plan to do.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
either III or IV and thought they were pretty horrible

That would make sense. You would have to see both for them to make a lick of sense. Saw isn't the type of series you can jump into, which is kind of unique for a horror movie series.

That would make sense. You would have to see both for them to make a lick of sense. Saw isn't the type of series you can jump into, which is kind of unique for a horror movie series.

So basically there's no point in going to any of the movies until the movies makers finally squeeze the last penny out of the franchise by releasing Saw 17 straight to VHS.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
Brad Pitt is incredible in supporting roles, yes. He's pretty bad in lead roles, though.

Hence why he was so good in Burn After Reading since there was no true lead in the film, I know I really shouldn't but I've always liked Pitt. Benjamin Button should be interesting, Fincher and Pitt work well together and the movie looks amazing. Lot of Oscar buzz around that movie.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
Hence why he was so good in Burn After Reading since there was no true lead in the film, I know I really shouldn't but I've always liked Pitt. Benjamin Button should be interesting, Fincher and Pitt work well together and the movie looks amazing. Lot of Oscar buzz around that movie.

I don't mind Brad Pitt at all. I think he is pretty talented. Now that Milkman mentioned it, his best roles are in supporting. 12 Monkeys, Snatch, True Romance (Yes!). I think he is fine in leading roles as well. Looking forward to him in the Tarantino WWII flick.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I don't mind Brad Pitt at all. I think he is pretty talented. Now that Milkman mentioned it, his best roles are in supporting. 12 Monkeys, Snatch, True Romance (Yes!). I think he is fine in leading roles as well. Looking forward to him in the Tarantino WWII flick.

Yeah along side Eli Roth, BJ Novak and Mike f***ing Myers, helluva cast! After "Death Proof" (which I actually liked, a lot) Tarantino needs a winner, Inglorious Bastards looks like a pretty big risk to me.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
I know I really shouldn't but I've always liked Pitt.

Why? Everyone pretty much hopped on that bandwagon who wasn't already on it after Fight Club. There's not many people out there who don't like Pitt... You should see "The Mexican", an underrated movie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:37 AM)
Why? Everyone pretty much hopped on that bandwagon who wasn't already on it after Fight Club. There's not many people out there who don't like Pitt... You should see "The Mexican", an underrated movie.

I've seen "The Mexican" a few times and enjoyed it, how many movies have you ever seen tackle the issue of firing guns into the air?