Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)
Yuri: I also have some dim-dims. You use this word, dim-dims? The bullets that make the head explode?

Harry: Dum-dums. Yeah.

Yuri: Would you like some of these dim-dims?

Harry: I know I shouldn't... but I will.

[takes whole case of dum-dums]

Dialogue is f***in hilarious basically the whole movie...

I believe that same scene has both the "corridor" exchange and this one (a fave of mine for sure):

Eirik: I was trying to rob him. And he took my gun from me. And the gun was full of blanks. And he shot a blank into my eye. And now I cannot see from this eye ever again, the doctors say.

Harry: Well to be honest it sounds like it's all your fault.

Eirik: What?

Harry: I mean basically if you're robbing a man and you're only carrying blanks and you allow your gun to be taken off you and you allow yourself to be shot in the eye with a blank which I assume that the person has to get quite close to you then, yeah really it's all your fault for being such a poof, so why don't you stop wingeing and cheer the f*** up.

Yuri: Eirek - I really wouldn't respond.

Eirik: I thought you wanted the guy dead?

Harry: I do want the guy dead, I want him f***ing crucified but it don't change the fact that he stitched you up like a blind little gay boy, does it?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost finished with Slumdog Millionaire. It reminds me of a cross between City of God, Born Into Brothels and Monsoon Wedding...some people take issue with the neat "flashback" accounting for the plot, but it works for me. 3 1/2 stars.

By the way, I really really like The Visitor, whose star is Richard Jenkins, Frances McDormand's boss at Hardbodies in Burn After Reading. It's one of those quiet, understated but elegant movies like About Schmidt that kind of just sneak up on you and grab hold of you. Great movie. A little bit like In America mixed with About Schmidt is my description.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
What do you guys think of My Bloddy Valentine 3-D? Looking at the previews you have no idea what it's about as they are just hyping the 3-D effects in the theatre. It has a suprising, yet early, positive rating at RT.

I love 3-D, just the technology, it's amazing. The movie will blow though.

Blunt As Black Widow In "Iron Man 2"?

By Garth FranklinThursday, January 15th 2009 7:14am

image Emily Blunt ("The Devil Wears Prada," "Charlie Wilson's War") is allegedly in talks to play Natasha Romanoff, aka the Black Widow, in Marvel Studios' "Iron Man 2" says Variety.

In the comics Romanoff is a Soviet super spy in a skintight black costume that is enhanced by high-tech weaponry.She joins the previously-announced villains Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell in the sequel.

Jon Favreau helms the Justin Theroux-scripted sequel which begins shooting this Spring.

per DarkHorizons.com

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Haven't seen the movie, but would it be funny if Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino talked to Christian Bale as Batman? It would be super deep, scratchy voices going back and forth like no other.

While they're playing Metal Gear Solid 4.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Haven't seen the movie, but would it be funny if Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino talked to Christian Bale as Batman? It would be super deep, scratchy voices going back and forth like no other.

Add in David Hayter, Solid Snake, from Metal Gear Solid 4

The current want list for me and the wife:

Choke

A Prairie Home Companion

Baraka

Monsoon Wedding

Milk

Rachel Getting Married

RockNRolla

Lord of the Rings II and III (Mrs Sqwert hasn't seen yet)

Bottle Rocket

Persepolis

Black Book

El Norte

Towelhead

Synecdoche New York

Momma's Man

Frost/Nixon

Man on Wire

The Visitor

K-Pax

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
As much as I love that series I can't help but chuckle when I hear snake talking.

I'm currently replaying Metal Gear Solid for PS1...you can really tell the difference from a younger snake to an older one.

WOW. Two Solid Snake references that quickly.

Off topic, yet not off topic. My buddy Juan is such a Metal Gear freak we always jump at the chance of making a Solid Snake joke with him. He gets soooooo pissed its hilarious. We joke he secretly wants to be Snake in a certain situations,mind you Juan is a 400 pound 6 foot 6 Mexican. I guess you would have to know him for it to be funny.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
WOW. Two Solid Snake references that quickly.

Off topic, yet not off topic. My buddy Juan is such a Metal Gear freak we always jump at the chance of making a Solid Snake joke with him. He gets soooooo pissed its hilarious. We joke he secretly wants to be Snake in a certain situations,mind you Juan is a 400 pound 6 foot 6 Mexican. I guess you would have to know him for it to be funny.

Does he happen to carry around a cardboard box and try to hide in it occasionally?

:D

Edited by BigSqwert