Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The film did it all on the strength of a solid A- CinemaScore review from an audience that was 57 percent male and 59 percent over age 25. Like the jaw-dropping early-year debuts of The Passion of the Christ and 300 before it, this is a history-making premiere that you may well be hearing about for a long time to come. www.ew.com

I can understand the "male" bias in the audience, but I was very surprised that there were so many over age 25...I guess the core audience of the first movie that was made a long time ago for 15-25 year olds really stuck with the franchise, even through Tokyo Drift and Eva Mendes and stayed loyal.

It's certainly not a case of lots of guys REALLY wanting to see Michelle Rodriguez or Jordana Brewster...both of those actresses are B list if not C list. One of them has spent more time in jail and rehab than in front of a camera, which is a shame because she showed show much early promise in Girlfight.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
The 3D thing is pretty cool but there is something that is so ancient about it. Havent we advanced past 3D by now? I want s*** to be hollagrams without wearing some stupid glasses.

as soon as that hologram theatre is set up, Im so there.

Until then, I will wear the stupid glasses. And after I saw Monsters vs Aliens I had goggle marks imprinted on my face for an hour, those things were pissing me off. The arms of the glasses didnt adjust(no hinges), they were just one continuous form, so they were super tight in the back, and right behind my ears they were pushing in so much that I had a massive headache.

However, all that said I still would go back and see a movie in 3d Imax again. It was a blast

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
as soon as that hologram theatre is set up, Im so there.

Until then, I will wear the stupid glasses. And after I saw Monsters vs Aliens I had goggle marks imprinted on my face for an hour, those things were pissing me off. The arms of the glasses didnt adjust(no hinges), they were just one continuous form, so they were super tight in the back, and right behind my ears they were pushing in so much that I had a massive headache.

However, all that said I still would go back and see a movie in 3d Imax again. It was a blast

Sounds like you've got a freaky huge melon.

:D

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
Sounds like you've got a freaky huge melon.

:D

Actually just the opposite, strangely enough. Those glasses sucked though, bigtime.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
Perhaps he's been partaking in Brain and Nerve Tonic rich in proteins and electromagnetic juices.

I try and stick with flaxseed oil

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
Actually just the opposite, strangely enough. Those glasses sucked though, bigtime.

yeah the glasses hurt. I wore some funky ones at Universal studios last week for the Shrek 3d which was awesome by the way.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
yeah the glasses hurt. I wore some funky ones at Universal studios last week for the Shrek 3d which was awesome by the way.

Which Shrek was it? The original or one of the sequels?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
Which Shrek was it? The original or some of the sequels?

It was like a 20 minute movie made just for the 3D theatre. It was really cool though, the seats moved with the movie and there was air and water spraying on you to go along with the character actions. Universal studios was so much fun,I felt like a kid again. the Waterworld show was also a must see, I couldnt believe the stunts that they were doing.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
It was like a 20 minute movie made just for the 3D theatre. It was really cool though, the seats moved with the movie and there was air and water spraying on you to go along with the character actions. Universal studios was so much fun,I felt like a kid again. the Waterworld show was also a must see, I couldnt believe the stunts that they were doing.

Those are the really fun 3D experiences, Universal and Disney usually do them right at their parks

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
Disney's Muppetvision 3-D is awesome and the best in all the parks.

The last time I was at a disney park I saw Captain Eo and another movie where a kid is running around with buffalos or something. It was REALLY old

And this was 17 years ago, so i am sure it has changed a bit ;)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
The last time I was at a disney park I saw Captain Eo and another movie where a kid is running around with buffalos or something. It was REALLY old

And this was 17 years ago, so i am sure it has changed a bit ;)

The one with the kid you are talking about was called Magic Journeys. It was the first 3D theme park film Disney did and it was originally shown in EPCOT and then moved to Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. The Legend of the Lion King live show took its place at Magic Kingdom, and now the Lion King show has been replaced by a phenomenal new 3D production called Philharmagic. For a while it was sponsored by Kodak.

Eo played forever and was finally replaced by the 3D Honey I Shrunk the Audience attraction.

QUOTE (AssHatSoxFan @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
Probably late on all the Bruno trailer talk but just saw it and it will definitely make Borat seem tame

I refuse to watch any trailers for it. If the commercial comes up on TV I'll change the channel. I want it to be 100% unseen footage when I go see it.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)
Considering you thought Miami Vice was great, I'll take that as a positive sign, and I'm not even a fan of Star Trek.

The costumes look Ben Stiller Starsky and Hutch-level bad. If you're going to reinvent everything, why not that?

Anyone check out Sugar? I really want to see this. I don't think it's playing in Chicago yet.

Synopsis: Sugar follows the story of Miguel Santos, a.k.a. Sugar, a Dominican pitcher from San Pedro De Macorís, struggling to make it to the big leagues and pull himself and his family out of poverty.... Sugar follows the story of Miguel Santos, a.k.a. Sugar, a Dominican pitcher from San Pedro De Macorís, struggling to make it to the big leagues and pull himself and his family out of poverty. Playing professionally at a baseball academy in the Dominican Republic, Miguel finally gets his break at age 19 when he advances to the United States’ minor league system; but when his play on the mound falters, he begins to question the single-mindedness of his life’s ambition.

90% on RT right now.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
The costumes look Ben Stiller Starsky and Hutch-level bad. If you're going to reinvent everything, why not that?

LOL, come on, the costumes? If thats your criteria then Miami Vice was a complete failure because of Colin Farrells bad hair and attire

The ST costumes look like the original costumes, who cares?

"I Love You, Man" was alright. Not the kind of comedy I was expecting but I dug it. Will become one of those movies that you will watch when channel surfing and find it on HBO or something.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Anyone check out Sugar? I really want to see this. I don't think it's playing in Chicago yet.

90% on RT right now.

I'm looking forward to this as well. It was written and directed by the same people who did Half Nelson which was pretty damn awesome.

In other movie news, I saw Sunshine Cleaning which I liked. It's kind of a ridiculous premise and a little slow to start but if you go along with it I think it is rewarding. Plus, I could watch Amy Adams and Emily Blunt do pretty much anything for 90 minutes and that includes them cleaning up after dead people.

I thought you were referring to a menage a trois with Alan Arkin, lol...

Emily Blunt is a cutie, though. I always gets Isla Fisher and Amy Adams confused for some reason.

Saw Monsters vs. Aliens (with the 3D glasses) and I Love You, Man and really enjoyed both of them...the Rudd movie makes you almost uncomfortable with its many cringe-worthy moments, but that's the whole point, that there are lots of people like that in real life that are socially akward and kind of misfits in a way.