Films Thread

Chisoxfn

Thats a really well made fan trailer. I just saw the trailer for Pandorum(www.pandorummovie.com has the trailer, i couldnt find the embed script for the final trailer, only an old one) and it looks to be a good deep space horror movie

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That trailer is really well done. The guardians heads need to be bigger (They just look like blue-skinned Joe Liebermans here), the Tomar-Re, Abin Sur, and Kilowog likenesses were really good.

Is the actual GL live-action film still slated to begin filming later this year?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 28, 2009 -> 09:12 AM)
That trailer is really well done. The guardians heads need to be bigger (They just look like blue-skinned Joe Liebermans here), the Tomar-Re, Abin Sur, and Kilowog likenesses were really good.

Is the actual GL live-action film still slated to begin filming later this year?

I think so. Nathan Fillion was considered for the role, but I read that he was considered to be too old for the role because they want to go young. Which is a shame, because Fillion is almost perfect casting

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
I think so. Nathan Fillion was considered for the role, but I read that he was considered to be too old for the role because they want to go young. Which is a shame, because Fillion is almost perfect casting

I hope it gets done, and I hope it's good. GL and Flash are my all-time favorite Silver Age DC characters, and a sweeping GL story with the Corps, Guardians, OA, etc., would be great.

That said, how does a movie aimed at people with 21st century sensibilities keep a straight face while portraying the color yellow as a believable weakness for a superhero with otherwise limitless power? :lolhitting

I remember Jon Stewart at one time being looked at for a GL role in something, but I can't remember what. Kind of a funny irony that Jon Stewart would make a good Hal Jordan, but couldn't pull off a John Stewart.

:D

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
I hope it gets done, and I hope it's good. GL and Flash are my all-time favorite Silver Age DC characters, and a sweeping GL story with the Corps, Guardians, OA, etc., would be great.

That said, how does a movie aimed at people with 21st century sensibilities keep a straight face while portraying the color yellow as a believable weakness for a superhero with otherwise limitless poewr? :lolhitting

I remember Jon Stewart at one time being looked at for a GL role in something, but I can't remember what. Kind of a funny irony that Jon Stewart would make a good Hal Jordan, but couldn't pull off a John Stewart.

I just flip the reality switch off when I go watch comic movies, its no use getting worked up over it. Superman is hurt by a shiny green rock, and GL thinks that yellow doesnt go well with the shoes he is wearing, it is what it is

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
I just flip the reality switch off when I go watch comic movies, its no use getting worked up over it. Superman is hurt by a shiny green rock, and GL thinks that yellow doesnt go well with the shoes he is wearing, it is what it is

Compared to yellow, kryptonite seems like an entirely plausible vulnerability, go figure.

Even as a kid the yellow thing bugged me but I ate the comics up anyway. These days, he might be better off with Alan Scott's original wood vulnerability seeing as less and less stuff is actually made out of wood.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 28, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
Too bad that he was Deadpool, because Ryan Reynolds would have been an excellent Green Lantern.

He is a really big fan of the Flash as well, which he also would be a good fit for.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 28, 2009 -> 08:19 AM)

That said, how does a movie aimed at people with 21st century sensibilities keep a straight face while portraying the color yellow as a believable weakness for a superhero with otherwise limitless power? :lolhitting

The yellow imperfection would make sense if they explained it as they did in Geoff Johns' GL: Rebirth tpb.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ May 29, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
The yellow imperfection would make sense if they explained it as they did in Geoff Johns' GL: Rebirth tpb.

Is that where it was revealed that the Parallax entity has been trapped in the power battery so long its true nature is lost to memory, until it' simply called the necessary yellow impurity?

Yeah, I can take that kind of stuff in comics because I grew up on 'em, and writers had to pull stuff out of their arses all the time to come up with new stories every month. The problem is how to take years of comic book canon - some of it completely stupid but enjoyable - and translate it into 90 minutes of film that satisfies the comic purists but doesn't come off as moronic to normal people.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
Yeah. I fell asleep a couple of times during this gem.

I guess I'm one of the few who thought it wasn't a bad movie. I certainly can't imagine falling asleep during it!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 29, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
Drag Me To Hell getting 94% on rotten tomatoes.

Thats shocking. Horror movies never do well in reviews.

You can't go wrong with a Sam Raimi horror flick.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ May 29, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
Saw Drag Me a few weeks ago - f-in brilliant! Great movie - you all will love it. good frights, creeps, grossouts. even the apple guy is okay.

Just got back. Great popcorn flick.

Really enjoyed Up, but it was different from the other Pixar movies. Here are some of the thing it contains:

A long emotional sequence leading up to the death of a character right in the beginning.

Blood.

A miscarriage or a visit to doctor with the wife being told she is not capable of having children

A Man falling to his death

gunshots

Sword fight with an attempted decapitation

Dogs falling off a tall cliff

The theatre only offered it in 3D but it didnt add anything except for a couple extra bucks to each ticket. There were a couple of times where I lifted my glasses because I was wearing them for too long and the screen didn't look that much different. In other 3D movies it's a lot more blurry.

UP can truly be considered one of Pixar's best, if not one of the best of the year so far. Most recent live action romantic movies wish they has the emotional whalop in 90 minutes that UP has in its first 10.

It is a glorious, thrilling adventure full of incredible images and characters that will delight any kid and adult. It is also one of the funniest films of the year. It is really a major achievement.

Plus...

Before the film is the teaser for Toy Story 3 which got the biggest applause from the audience last night

See it in 3-d or 2-d...it doesn't matter. Just go see it.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ May 30, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
Plus...

Before the film is the teaser for Toy Story 3 which got the biggest applause from the audience last night

That's awesome. I love Toy Story. I didn't even know they were making a 3rd. Next summer will rule.

Next Spidey, Toy Story, probably another Potter, etc

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ May 30, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
UP can truly be considered one of Pixar's best, if not one of the best of the year so far. Most recent live action romantic movies wish they has the emotional whalop in 90 minutes that UP has in its first 10.

It is a glorious, thrilling adventure full of incredible images and characters that will delight any kid and adult. It is also one of the funniest films of the year. It is really a major achievement.

Plus...

See it in 3-d or 2-d...it doesn't matter. Just go see it.

I can't wait to see UP tonight. No other movie studio is even close to Pixar when it comes to quality. Pixar animation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dreamworks animation.