Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
Also, I'm definitely pumped for the new Harry Potter. Why would one's man card be on the line for that?

because you aren't 12?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone that the Hangover was funny. But there were some really LAZY comedic writing throughout the movie. Showing alot of weird body man ass and used condoms and the Tiger in the car was very predictable. If there werent as many cheap jokes that only the 16 year old girls were laughing at I would have liked it more.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)
....Speaking of man cards being taken away.

How does one possibly not like Taken?

One of Digilio's points about The Hangover was "how would they have a stolen cop car for like 12 hours??"

Like a stupid comedy needs to be plausible to be enjoyable.

The idea and execution of Taken's storyline was far more improbable than anything that happened in The Hangover.

Plus, Liam Neeson is a block of wood.

If I need to like Taken to have a "man card", you can have it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
One of Digilio's points about The Hangover was "how would they have a stolen cop car for like 12 hours??"

Like a stupid comedy needs to be plausible to be enjoyable.

The idea and execution of Taken's storyline was far more improbable than anything that happened in The Hangover.

Plus, Liam Neeson is a block of wood.

I dont understand how there was a scene in Anchorman where all of the anchors fought bears at the zoo, it just wasnt believeable for me. And the "West Side Story" themed anchorfight wasnt very believeable either

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
I dont understand how there was a scene in Anchorman where all of the anchors fought bears at the zoo, it just wasnt believeable for me. And the "West Side Story" themed anchorfight wasnt very believeable either

You've never fought a Bear before?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)

Never argue with a boob shot. You never know when you get your next surprise boob shot.

Come on fellas, when a baby is supposedly suckin on the end of it it's a tad less cool.

I'm glad they let Ed Helms sing... some of his best moments on The Office involve singing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)

Come on fellas, when a baby is supposedly suckin on the end of it it's a tad less cool.

I'm glad they let Ed Helms sing... some of his best moments on The Office involve singing.

I havent seen it yet, so I didnt know that. But nonetheless, a boob is a boob

:D

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
I agree completely with what you said, plus they showed Heather Graham's tit.

Also, I'm definitely pumped for the new Harry Potter. Why would one's man card be on the line for that?

I am sooooo pumped for Harry Potter

I recently finished the mini-series Band of Brothers and it was phenomenal. I know it's not a movie and this is a movie thread, but I figure a mini-series is close enough, so I thought I'd mention it. Definitely a very cool look at the march to Berlin from the paratrooper perspective, whereas most accounts I've seen/read are from guys that landed on the beaches on D-Day and went from there. Bastogne was hell. And it's definitely sad when you see how many of the original guys that trained at Camp Toccoa ended up dying or wounded pretty badly, but the series as a whole was great. Can't believe I waited so long to finally watch it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
I recently finished the mini-series Band of Brothers and it was phenomenal. I know it's not a movie and this is a movie thread, but I figure a mini-series is close enough, so I thought I'd mention it. Definitely a very cool look at the march to Berlin from the paratrooper perspective, whereas most accounts I've seen/read are from guys that landed on the beaches on D-Day and went from there. Bastogne was hell. And it's definitely sad when you see how many of the original guys that trained at Camp Toccoa ended up dying or wounded pretty badly, but the series as a whole was great. Can't believe I waited so long to finally watch it.

Couple of years ago, I caught the first episode of the series on History channel. I proceeded to go to the store and get the whole collection for myself. What was I thinking going that long and not checking out that series? Favorite War Movie/series.

Edited by onedude

I love Band of Brothers. I can't even describe how much I love it, but if anyone hasn't seen it, you need to.

Watched it when it first ran on HBO. Tremendous. Was hard having to wait a week for the next part.

What the f*** is wrong with you guys thinking the Hangover was the funniest movie you ever seen? Guys tossing a used condom? Naked old man,naked Gillafanafikusus,naked little chinese guy? There was so much useless cliche comedy in there. It had its funny moments but f***ing settle down with it being the funniest ever. It doesnt even rank in my book.