Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
I very much disagree, but i'm not suprised. It's very much a love it or hate it kind of film

I loved it as well. I enjoyed the first hand perspective of the attack, even through all the moments of queasiness.

It's one of those movies I can envision myself watching over and over again when it's on TNT Saturday night someday.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
I loved it as well. I enjoyed the first hand perspective of the attack, even through all the moments of queasiness.

It's one of those movies I can envision myself watching over and over again when it's on TNT Saturday night someday.

I have it on my video I-Pod. So anytime i'm bored i can switch it on. It's probably in my top ten of all movies, and i can't see myself getting sick of it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
I have it on my video I-Pod. So anytime i'm bored i can switch it on. It's probably in my top ten of all movies, and i can't see myself getting sick of it.

There's something about the movie that almost makes you wish you were there to experience it. Even with all the death and destruction.

Saw The Wrestler last night, Rourke is AWESOME. I hope he wins the Oscar for his performance. The movie itself is good, but not great. Doesnt really break any new ground story wise, but it's shot really well, particularly the wrestling scenes. The hardcore stuff is intense, especially the aftermath and the tending to the wounds...Ouch

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Anyone have some good rentals to recommend for this crappy weekend?

The Lives of Others or The Philadelphia Story (depending on if you want funny or serious)

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 20, 2008 -> 05:39 AM)
7 lbs. sucked hard. Crowd was pretty big with people probably in the age range to 10-70. That shows you the drawing power Will Smith has despite making some bad movies lately.

What is the 7 lbs. reference about?

Look at the last 5 or so films WS has made, maybe one was decent.

What is the 7 lbs. reference about?

Look at the last 5 or so films WS has made, maybe one was decent.

The weight of something.

It's basically a toned down Saw movie with a sappy, slow, love story. Events in the past are mashed with current events just to trick the audience setting up a lame twist. In the end he destroys his own body just to help other people and is put in that whole situation because he wrecked other people's lives. He also has a silly death scene.