Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 02:21 AM)
So will someone confirm that the only theatres carrying "The Wrestler" is a a small theatre in Evanston, and AMC 21 in Chicago?

Yep, those are the only two theatres.

Of course, they have to have enough theatres for Tom Cruise's newest snoozefest.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)
Yep, those are the only two theatres.

Of course, they have to have enough theatres for Tom Cruise's newest snoozefest.

I don't hate Tom Cruise like a lot of people do, but every clip in the commercials for that new movie is him saying different lines in the same mood and tone.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
So will someone confirm that the only theatres carrying "The Wrestler" is a a small theatre in Evanston, and AMC 21 in Chicago?

If the theater in Evanston is the Century, it's actually a really nice, big theater. There is plenty of street parking nearby or you can ride the Metra and walk like 2 blocks. I miss that place.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 06:26 AM)
I LOVED Slumdog Millionaire.

The story was very interesting, it's really well-acted, it's filmed well, gives a look at some of the seedier aspects of India, and Frieda Pinto is REALLY cute (which never hurts).

I'd recommend it highly to anyone.

Perfect, I was debating if I should check that out or not. Now I know NOT to watch it, thx TC.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
I really don't watch Will Smith movies, but I would say Pursuit of Happiness was really good. It's true that alot of his movies aren't that great at all. I like that he's starting to go after more serious roles though like Seven Pounds. He's going to hit with at least one of them.

Of his last 5 films, it's the only one worth a damn.

7lbs.

Hancock

I am Ledgend

TPOH

Hitch

I think when he aims to do more serious roles, he fails. He should stick to action films or goofy comedies. I still think his best work ever was in 'The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air', honestly. He nailed exactly what that show aimed for.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
:lolhitting

How DARE you!

FWIW my wife, who sees a lot of movies, liked it even more than I did.

Have it narrowed down to:

'Slumdog Mil', sounds really, really interesting.

'Doubt', unless there is a huge twist, it's headed in one of two ways, although I bet the performances are brilliant.

'The Reader', has potential if it doesn't get too 'chick-flickish'.

WWYD?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
Have it narrowed down to:

'Slumdog Mil', sounds really, really interesting.

'Doubt', unless there is a huge twist, it's headed in one of two ways, although I bet the performances are brilliant.

'The Reader', has potential if it doesn't get too 'chick-flickish'.

WWYD?

I'd go Slumdog, no doubt.

See what I did there? No "Doubt"?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
What actors are nominated?

Have you seen all the performances?

Nominations haven't been announced yet, but I've seen pretty much every movie that's come out this year, and it blows them all away. Going by the Golden Globe nominations, the other four nominees are from movies that have just come out or are about to. Either way, I can't see any of them comparing.

EDIT: I should clarify, I meant Rourke's performance blows them all away, not the movie itself.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
I was in Chicago this past week, and I saw it downtown. Being a wrestling fan only made the movie better.

That's probably where I'm going to end up seeing it. The Mrs. and I might do that as our New Year's Eve date, then get home (hopefully) in time to ring in 2009 with the kid.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
That's probably where I'm going to end up seeing it. The Mrs. and I might do that as our New Year's Eve date, then get home (hopefully) in time to ring in 2009 with the kid.

The movie was sold out at the time we originally planned to see it, and we ended up going to the next showing. You may want to consider buying the tickets ahead of time.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
The movie was sold out at the time we originally planned to see it, and we ended up going to the next showing. You may want to consider buying the tickets ahead of time.

Probably a good idea, yeah.

I'm thinking NYE might not be a huge movie night, but ya never know.