Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
Harold and Kumar Go To Amsterdam teaser at the My Space site:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=15977677

YES!!

Loved the White Castle one and I see they are bringing back alot of the old cast, Neil Patrick Harris (actor guy), freakshow. Also the cop looks familiar I think from that one Fox show 'The Winner" which stopped after 3 weeks.

American Pie: Beta House

^No trailer but heres the next American Pie, the Naked Mile was alright, series has went downhill ever since Jim and the gang kinda broke up.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
YES!!

Loved the White Castle one and I see they are bringing back alot of the old cast, Neil Patrick Harris (actor guy), freakshow. Also the cop looks familiar I think from that one Fox show 'The Winner" which stopped after 3 weeks.

American Pie: Beta House

^No trailer but heres the next American Pie, the Naked Mile was alright, series has went downhill ever since Jim and the gang kinda broke up.

You mean since the first American Pie.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
He did Band Camp and Naked Mile...both Straight to DVD, I thought?

He did. I think one of them he was a camp counselor or something. Awful. And how many relatives does Steve Stifler have?

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
He did. I think one of them he was a camp counselor or something. Awful. And how many relatives does Steve Stifler have?

Yeah Levy was the counselor in the Band Camp one and I guess the leader in the Naked Mile (he started the race).

Lol they are really outdoing themselves with the Stiflers. Im sure only because Steve was one of the more popular characters in the original movies.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:40 AM)
Did I mention I watched Benchwarmers the other night? Wow...that was something.

Something in a good way?

I actually sat through the pirated stream of Superbad that was posted here a couple days ago. My wife thought she'd like to see it because George Micahel from Arrested Development is in it, but it's a little lowbrow and rough around the edges for her.

Me on the other hand. . . the film did have it's moments. The bit about the kid's addiction to drawing a particular part of anatomy over and over - and then the two montages of all of the various renditions about killed me.

"I had just finished drawing the triumphant vein-ey one. . . "

:lolhitting

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
Anyone else enjoy Zodiac as much as I did?

Yes, very much so. David Fincher is an outstanding director, it's a damn shame he didn't get the Spiderman franchise over Raimi (who I also like.) Fincher could have done some real brilliant work with the Spiderman character, similar to what Nolan is doing with the Batman franchise.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Um, no...far from it. How the hell does that Heder guy have a career???

He only knows how to play one character it seems. Napoleon Dynamite, School for Scoundrels, Benchwarmers and Blades of Glory . . . all the same character. And it's not a particularly funny or compelling character at that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
He only knows how to play one character it seems. Napoleon Dynamite, School for Scoundrels, Benchwarmers and Blades of Glory . . . all the same character. And it's not a particularly funny or compelling character at that.

To be fair, I was expecting it to be MUCH worse. I mean, I did watch the whole thing after all. I was expecting to have to shut it off after 5 minutes.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
Yes, very much so. David Fincher is an outstanding director, it's a damn shame he didn't get the Spiderman franchise over Raimi (who I also like.) Fincher could have done some real brilliant work with the Spiderman character, similar to what Nolan is doing with the Batman franchise.

Fincher is one of my favs. He managed to make Alien3 into a good movie, which took some doing. Last I checked, his next project was an adaptation of Rendezvous with Rama, the Arthur C Clarke Sci-Fi piece. But I haven't checked IMDB in a while.

I just bought Zodiac recently - looking forward to seeing it.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
Something in a good way?

I actually sat through the pirated stream of Superbad that was posted here a couple days ago. My wife thought she'd like to see it because George Micahel from Arrested Development is in it, but it's a little lowbrow and rough around the edges for her.

Me on the other hand. . . the film did have it's moments. The bit about the kid's addiction to drawing a particular part of anatomy over and over - and then the two montages of all of the various renditions about killed me.

"I had just finished drawing the triumphant vein-ey one. . . "

:lolhitting

although, you could see through the back of the paper that the little girl was holding....it definitely wasn't triumphant or veigny.

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
I believe the reasoning behind the release date is that Saw IV is coming out around October, and the makers of Halloween didn't want to compete with a very popular series from the same genre.

Yikes.. I've been so wrapped up in baby crap I didn't even know this. Thanks for the info. Now I'll be stuck on the House of Jigsaw site for the next month.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
Yikes.. I've been so wrapped up in baby crap I didn't even know this. Thanks for the info. Now I'll be stuck on the House of Jigsaw site for the next month.

isn't there something unethical about going to Horror movies while pregnant? although it's slightly lower on the scale of taking your actual child to those movies.

Ever wonder why people take their kids with them? I mean, is it really THAT hard to get a babysitter? or is the movie THAT friggin' groundbreaking that your child of 3 needs to be exposed to it at a young age?

I sat behind a couple at King Kong that brought the whole f-ing family along...3 kids ages 1-6. The kids were terrified for all 13.5 hours of the movie. I subsequently passed gas on them the entire time. It seemed to knock out the youngest one from every once and a while.

That was the best part of the movie.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
I saw 'Super Bad' the other night and the couple in front of us had their young child with them. Very ghetto.

Super Bad is funny by the way.

Grr.

On a side note if anyone's a fan of the Alien or Predator Franchises, the new Aliens vs. Predator trailer was released last night. This s*** looks badass. http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Edited by TheOcho

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
Grr.

On a side note if anyone's a fan of the Alien or Predator Franchises, the new Aliens vs. Predator trailer was released last night. This s*** looks badass. http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

A heartwarming Christmas release, I see. :lol:

Looks fun.

What kind of money does Dark Horse get from the AvP films for devloping that hybrid franchise? It's interesting to see the comics evolving the film franchises that fed it the source material to begin with.