Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link explaining exactly what The Room is and why it has become so popular. Unfortunately, it's not available on Netflix and you may have to buy it on Amazon to see it. You won't regret it though. Get a group of friends together for a viewing and it will be one of the most enjoyable movie experiences you can have.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20246031,00.html

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 02:03 AM)
The Room is a must see!

You know, I think i will take their word for it that "It is the Citizen Kane of bad movies". It doesnt look all that different from the Cinemax late night movies that I have seen :ph34r:

pass

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
You know, I think i will take their word for it that "It is the Citizen Kane of bad movies". It doesnt look all that different from the Cinemax late night movies that I have seen :ph34r:

pass

Speaking of which, it took me a long time to realize that there was absolutely NO penetration happening in those movies. And even once I found out it took a while until I was convinced. I felt so decieved.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
Speaking of which, it took me a long time to realize that there was absolutely NO penetration happening in those movies. And even once I found out it took a while until I was convinced. I felt so decieved.

It is a humbling experience. A boy becomes a man

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)

I always wondered how those dudes didn't get hard.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
I always wondered how those dudes didn't get hard.

That.

And I still will never understand why dont they just go all the way with it. If your naked vagina is bouncing on and rubbing up against some guys naked schlong doesnt make you any better than the girls that take it like champs.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
Here's a link explaining exactly what The Room is and why it has become so popular. Unfortunately, it's not available on Netflix and you may have to buy it on Amazon to see it. You won't regret it though. Get a group of friends together for a viewing and it will be one of the most enjoyable movie experiences you can have.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20246031,00.html

After reading the first review on this page there is no question that I will be seeing this soon. This guy had me tearing up at my desk.

I just got back from Frost/Nixon. I really enjoyed it, an engrossing film. I think the performances were pretty top notch. The script was quite good. And the story was really compelling--admittedly I didn't know about these interviews before I saw the previous, so it was new to me. Just a good film.

The movie sort of is like Macbeth except if Macbeth didn't get killed and spent the rest of his life alone with his ambition in a SoCal paradise.

A Question about Doubt-

(I don’t know if this spoils it in any way-so if u didn’t see it and you want to don’t read this)

It begins by following a boy on his way to church, giving the impression that this boy is important to the story. Throughout the movie he is shown and is seemingly an active part of the plot or at least we are lead to believe he is. The movie comes to a close and it seems to end without tying the boy into the story. I don’t understand what separates him from the other children in the school, and I was wondering if I missed something or if the movie didn’t tie up this loose end.

Either way I would appreciate your take on this. Thanks

Just saw:

Death Race: Pretty entertaining movie. Badass cars, hot chicks, and Jason Statham. Not much of a plot or anything, but an entertaining action movie.

The Bank Job: Tough to keep up with at times (especially with the British accents), but I liked it a lot. Very interesting plot.

The Incredible Hulk: Not as good as Iron Man or The Dark Knight, but another enjoyable film. Norton does a surprising job as a superhero, and it was probably the most comic-booky of the recent movies.

The next 3 movies I'll be receiving from Netflix is The Last King of Scotland, 10,000 BC, and Cloverfield.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 12:30 AM)
Just saw:

Death Race: Pretty entertaining movie. Badass cars, hot chicks, and Jason Statham. Not much of a plot or anything, but an entertaining action movie.

The Bank Job: Tough to keep up with at times (especially with the British accents), but I liked it a lot. Very interesting plot.

The Incredible Hulk: Not as good as Iron Man or The Dark Knight, but another enjoyable film. Norton does a surprising job as a superhero, and it was probably the most comic-booky of the recent movies.

The next 3 movies I'll be receiving from Netflix is The Last King of Scotland, 10,000 BC, and Cloverfield.

cloverfield, ugh

The Unborn

OdetteYustman.jpg

I have a killer fetus that kills people.

garyoldman.gif

Ahh dont worry I am a Rabbi who will give you a Jewish exorcism that ends the curse on yr families fetuses.

Auschwitz_web.jpg

I am Auschwitz, I was worked into the plot somehow.

northshore_james-remar.jpg

Ahhh just back from my business trip, I wonder whats happened here. OH NO DEXTER PUT AWAY THAT KNIFE NO.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 01:55 AM)
'The Fall' is enjoyable.

I finally rented 'Spun', worth the entire dollar and fifty cents it cost to rent it.

Spun is awesome. I rented that with a few great flicks all at once by accident a few years ago. Welcome to Collinwood, Spun, Scotland PA (recommended), Saltan Sea, were a few of that fateful night of fantastic movie watching. I also really like Harsh Times with Christian Bale along similar lines with Spun.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
^^^^^

Soxfan1, 10,000BC??? Really? I think it got 1% on rotten tomatoes.

EDIT: My bad. 9%

I'm a sucker for movies like that for some reason. If anything, I just want to see how they CGI'd the Ice Age.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
I'm a sucker for movies like that for some reason. If anything, I just want to see how they CGI'd the Ice Age.

I consider that an eye-sprain movie. A movie that causes me to roll my eyes so much that I sprain them.