Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
What was the deal with the new Transformers preview/trailer?

Does anyone know anything about the plot/synopsis?

I wonder when they will start showing AVATAR previews?

Bay has been keeping the plot pretty close to vest. The teaser is all we know about it. In the cartoon, "The Fallen" are supposed to be some bigtime bad guys, originals from their planet

The wife and I saw Revolutionary Road on Friday.

It was basically 2.5 hours of why marriage is bad, and the rumors that Winslet gets nekkid were unfounded. There really was no purpose to watch this movie. I didn't hate it, but I didn't feel like I'd been to see a movie afterwards.

Also, I can see why the performances of the main characters did not warrant nomination. A lot of the arguments really seemed forced and contrived. The only guy nominated (supporting actor, crazy guy) had like 10 minutes of screen time.

Meh.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)

It was basically 2.5 hours of why marriage is bad, and the rumors that Winslet gets nekkid were unfounded. There really was no purpose to watch this movie. I didn't hate it, but I didn't feel like I'd been to see a movie afterwards.

Also, I can see why the performances of the main characters did not warrant nomination. A lot of the arguments really seemed forced and contrived. The only guy nominated (supporting actor, crazy guy) had like 10 minutes of screen time.

Meh.

What, you haven't heard of Mr. Skin?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)

Meh.

Stick with The Reader and Titanic, lol.

Or just watch Marisa Tomei in The Wrestler.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
So, I missed the Star Trek preview during the Super Bowl. Was it the same preview that has been out there since late last year, or was it a new one?

New one. Some repeat footage, some new stuff (Introduction handshake between one Leonard McCoy and one Jim Kirk, for example).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:20 PM)
So, I missed the Star Trek preview during the Super Bowl. Was it the same preview that has been out there since late last year, or was it a new one?

Its different, if you go to screenrant.com they have it posted

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:20 PM)

look about 10 or so posts up I posted about 5 or 6 of the superbowl trailers before the game. :lolhitting

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
look about 10 or so posts up I posted about 5 or 6 of the superbowl trailers before the game. :lolhitting

Yeah, some of those are gone, as Balta said, which is why I asked if it was new.

Thanks Kyyle for the reference on where I can get it as well.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
I'm gonna watch the Last King of Scotland tomorrow. Can't wait.

F. Whitaker is one of the most underappreciated actors of his generation, maybe because of his weight/color and the fact that he's not an attention seeker. (I would add J. Wright, Felix Lyter in the 2 new Bond movies to that list as well).

And McAvoy has done some really impressive work in Atonement, this movie was really good....even big budget Wanted with Jolie.

Edited by caulfield12

Oh, by the way, casting one "Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, D.F.A." as the voice of the President in the new Monsters vs. Aliens movie? Now that's casting with Balls.

And Jack Bauer as the military adviser? I might have to watch that just for the voices.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
Oh, by the way, casting one "Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, D.F.A." as the voice of the President in the new Monsters vs. Aliens movie? Now that's casting with Balls.

And Jack Bauer as the military adviser? I might have to watch that just for the voices.

Will Arnett is the voice of one of the monsters. That's all I needed to know I'd be seeing it.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

Christian Bale=Psycho.

(NSFW Audio Clip)

THAT should have been the voice of Batman!

:lol:

"f*** you, Joker! You just don't f***ing get it!! You and me, we're done professionally, man! If you rob ONE MORE f***ING BANK, I'm not stepping foot in Gotham if you're still hired!"

The Last King of Scotland was a crazy ass movie. I loved it. Whitaker was awesome in his role.

Traitor wasn't bad. I'm a big Don Cheadle fan, but something was missing from this movie. Maybe because I just can't see him as an drama/action/thriller star, but nonetheless, an enjoyable movie. I need to see Hotel Rwanda.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 05:07 AM)
Ray Park will probably be redeeming as Snake Eyes. But only because he will not talk

Doubt it. He has lips on his latex mask. That's nipples on Batman-level bad.

It will be Van Helsing-bad.

And my prediction is........ so will Star Trek.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 02:50 AM)
Doubt it. He has lips on his latex mask. That's nipples on Batman-level bad.

It will be Van Helsing-bad.

And my prediction is........ so will Star Trek.

At least the vampires were hot in Van Helsing!

Star Trek remake conjures up images of the Dumb and Dumber remake with younger actors....or Dukes of Hazzard.

I think Starship Troopers even beats those.