Films Thread

Chisoxfn

Have you guys seen the Saw series? I saw 1 and 2 last weekend on Sci-Fi so I rented 3 and 4 for this weekend. I watched 3 earlier and I must say I do enjoy the movies, in a non-sedistic way. They aren't scary but more suspensful. The flashbacks and new twists are cool.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on the series without spoiling 4-6 for me.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 14, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
Have you guys seen the Saw series? I saw 1 and 2 last weekend on Sci-Fi so I rented 3 and 4 for this weekend. I watched 3 earlier and I must say I do enjoy the movies, in a non-sedistic way. They aren't scary but more suspensful. The flashbacks and new twists are cool.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on the series without spoiling 4-6 for me.

'Seen The Saw Series', that'll be the name of my next band. Um, no sorry haven't seen the films.

Finally saw The Wrestler. I was wrong about Aronofsky. Rourke should have won best actor, hands down, and people in the movie business should take notes on this movie. No, it wasn't incredible, but it was among the best I've seen in awhile. There's nothing like a good character study where the situations tell you about the character instead of the character telling you about himself.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Wow, another mall security guard movie, this time with the not-overplayed-at-all Seth Rogen.

File that under "Don't Fail To Miss".

Ya, I thought that was weird since Paul Blart just came out.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Seth Rogen

This guy just isn't funny at all. He's always the least funny person in the movies he's in. Annnnd...the movies are overrated. I say this as I'm watching zack and miri, which I'm about to turn off, and I saw pineapple express a couple of weeks ago. The hobgoblin was funny in that...

I think it's more that you don't get or like his humor. He was a writer on Da Ali G Show at like 20 years old and has already written several major motion picture comedies grossing hundreds of millions of dollars

I've liked seth rogan since he was the best character of the older kids in Freaks and Geeks. I believe he isn't the funniest in the movies he's cast because he isn't supposed to be, because he can do both.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 06:52 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1847980:date=Mar 12, 2009 -> 08:17 PM:name=kyyle23)-->
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
<!--quotec-->

Up Trailer 3 - Watch more Funny Videos

Is there a better movie studio on the planet , right now?

I totally agree, anything Pixar does I absolutely love. The only one I have no interest in is Bolt. And even then, when my daughter wants me to rent it I will probably watch it

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)
I totally agree, anything Pixar does I absolutely love. The only one I have no interest in is Bolt. And even then, when my daughter wants me to rent it I will probably watch it

Pixar didn't do Bolt. That was a Walt Disney Animation film. It was a good film, though.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
Pixar didn't do Bolt. That was a Walt Disney Animation film. It was a good film, though.

Well then, I guess I like Everything Pixar does now :)

There is a new short that is going to premiere before "Up", called "Partly Cloudy"

http://screenrant.com/pixars-newest-short-...oudy-ross-6070/

check out the premise and the picture that goes along with it

Everyone knows that the stork delivers babies, but where do the storks get the babies from? The answer lies up in the stratosphere, where cloud people sculpt babies from clouds and bring them to life. Gus, a lonely and insecure grey cloud, is a master at creating “dangerous” babies. Crocodiles, porcupines, rams and more-Gus’s beloved creations are works of art, but more than a handful for his loyal delivery stork partner, Peck. As Gus’s creations become more and more rambunctious, Peck’s job gets harder and harder. How will Peck manage to handle both his hazardous cargo and his friend’s fiery temperament?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
Well then, I guess I like Everything Pixar does now :)

There is a new short that is going to premiere before "Up", called "Partly Cloudy"

http://screenrant.com/pixars-newest-short-...oudy-ross-6070/

check out the premise and the picture that goes along with it

That looks awesome. I hope that is in 3-D, too.

Apparently Natasha Richardson(wife of Liam Neeson, daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, sister of Joely Richardson) had a fall at a ski resort and suffered a severe brain injury that may or may not have left her brain dead. New york newspapers are reporting that she is being flown to NY where she will be removed from life support with her family in the room.

If true, a terribly sad situation.

Edited by kyyle23

I saw I Love You, Man last night. It was alright. You know what to expect if you've seen the trailer. I didn't like it as much as the "Apatow" comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Pineapple Express but it had its moments. Paul Rudd gives a good performance.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
I saw I Love You, Man last night. It was alright. You know what to expect if you've seen the trailer. I didn't like it as much as the "Apatow" comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Pineapple Express but it had its moments. Paul Rudd gives a good performance.

Paul Rudd is solid, but I'm not too interested in seeing that movie. I'll wait for the rental, I think.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
I like Paul Rudd better with his Anchorman mustache.

I am interested in seeing Role Models, though.

Role Models was bad. It had its funny moments, but overall it was not good.