Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
Just finished watching it, very enjoyable movie.

"I'm gonna run a train on these chicken fingers"

haha my favorite quote from it was

"I just spent the afternoon in middle earth with gleep glop and the floopty do's, gimme a f***ing break"

"I Love You, Man" was disappointing... had I gone into it having not viewed a single trailer, then I quite possibly would have loved it. However, EVERY funny part is in the preview, and you spend most of the movie cringing from the awkwardness (seriously) rather than laughing at the funny scenes you've seen in the previews.

I love the actors, but the movie is nothing more than a renter if you've seen the previews.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
Uh, Role Models was awesome.. dunno what you guys are thinkin

^

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
Role Models was f***ing great. Anyone who didn't like that smokes rocks.

I Love You, Man is pretty good too. It was different, but good.

Agreed on both account. Role Models was the 2nd funniest movie of 2008 IMO, after Pineapple Express.

I Love You, Man was VERY funny, but not great. Paul Rudd is quickly climbing up my favorite actors list.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
Wait, Finding Sarah Marshall was Apatow? O.K., so that means I skip I Love You Man even though it looked kind of funny, as I thought Finding Sarah Marshall sucked HUGE eggs and though Anchorman was just O.K. at best?

That was produced by him... along with a bunch of others.

The movies that Apatow actually directed are...

40 Year Old Virgin

Knocked Up

and the coming soon film "Funny People" which looks extremely promising.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
I think Year One looks hilarious. Harold Ramis is normally hit/miss though, so we'll see.

I cracked up at Cain and Abel

"NOOOOO, Your name is SUCK!"

So, no one watched The Knowing over the weekend? A friend of mine said he was shocked at how good it was. Ebert seemed to enjoy it to, if that means anything to anyone.

I read through spoilers of the movie and it sounds interesting. If you walk in expecting only a disaster movie with a happy ending you'll be in for a surprise.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
That was produced by him... along with a bunch of others.

The movies that Apatow actually directed are...

40 Year Old Virgin

Knocked Up

and the coming soon film "Funny People" which looks extremely promising.

I don't know...a movie called "Funny People" and starring Adam Sandler sounds like false advertising. I'm planning a class action suit against Apatow all ready.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
I don't know...a movie called "Funny People" and starring Adam Sandler sounds like false advertising. I'm planning a class action suit against Apatow all ready.

I dunno, I think it looks pretty solid.

Edited by Steve9347

The thing about Funny People is that it looks like it gives too much of the story away in the trailer. Though it does seem like more of a dramatic comedy than some previous Apatow movies which I think could be very interesting.

BTW...Apatow had nothing to do with I Love You, Man and I like almost everything (other than Anchorman) he has produced more than I Love You, Man.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
BTW...Apatow had nothing to do with I Love You, Man and I like almost everything (other than Anchorman) he has produced more than I Love You, Man.

Agreed. I thought I Love You, Man was really disappointing.

A lot of people have to understand is these movies are geared towards couples. Think about it. If you're going with your wife or girlfriend, this movie isn't a bad option at all. It's something that will keep you interested. Now if it's just a bunch of guys and such, then I Love You Man might be kind of weird and might not interest you.

Funny People does look good and I agree, it does look like too much is given away in the trailer. The cop movie with Seth Rogen doesn't look all that great. Year One looked like sh*t, but I'm not much of a fan of Michael Cera in the first place.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was actually a decently funny movie to me. I'd watch again.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
A lot of people have to understand is these movies are geared towards couples. Think about it. If you're going with your wife or girlfriend, this movie isn't a bad option at all. It's something that will keep you interested. Now if it's just a bunch of guys and such, then I Love You Man might be kind of weird and might not interest you.
I went with my wife. We both agreed it was disappointing and that the funny parts are all in the previews.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1853210:date=Mar 23, 2009 -> 06:35 PM:name=Kid Gleason)-->
QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
<!--quotec-->I don't know...a movie called "Funny People" and starring Adam Sandler sounds like false advertising. I'm planning a class action suit against Apatow all ready.

I dunno, I think it looks pretty solid.

It looks like a life-affirming date movie, maybe heartwarming, perhaps charming, but it doesn't look funny.