Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Most of the time yes but there are times when I have to put my foot down. And Hannah Montana would be one of those times.

She is annoying for sure, but I think there are far more annoying things out there that my daughter likes. Littlest Pet Shop, Webkins, etc

Oh yeah, and Barbie has whored out just about every classic tale and movie in existence in "Magical 3D". That bothers me more than Hannahs horse teeth

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"AdventureLand" was not the movie I expected, but when I realized that, after about 15 minutes or so, I really liked it. I worked at Six Flags for a summer in high school and had similar experiences.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
Crank: High Voltage was an awesome movie. I strongly suggest it to anyone who enjoyed the original.

Good to hear. The first one was fun as hell.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
Jason Statham is rumored to be the next guy to play Daredevil. I could live with that, Statham is good at playing a badass

I was perfectly fine with how Ben Affleck played Daredevil, Stratham would be good for a bad guy though, hated Colin Farrel.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
I was perfectly fine with how Ben Affleck played Daredevil, Stratham would be good for a bad guy though, hated Colin Farrel.

LMAO, i dont even have a response to this, thats just too funny.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Why does that comic even warrant a remake?

Daredevil has a good story, has a pretty strong following. A bad movie shouldnt mean that the franchise is never attempted again

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Obvoiusly he doesnt have nearly the acting ability of one acting great Ben Affleck.

Gigli deserved an oscar, not a razzie

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
I saw the Spirit last night with a group of friend, and it really got me thinking about my life. About whether it's really worth living after the events that I just witnessed. I decided to persevere and here I am.

Damn I was seriously planning on watching that tonight. It was either that or Momento so I guess I should probably go with the latter.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
Also, has anyone seen "The Foot Fist Way"?

Saw it a couple weeks back. It's pretty much Eastbound and Down except that Kenny Powers is a Tae Kwon Do instructor in this.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 01:33 AM)
Watched 'Sugar' last night. Story about a Dominican kid and his quest to get to the big leagues. Good balance between baseball and his personal life. Worth seeing.

Plan to see it next weekend.

Watched Ghost Town last night. Endearing flick.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
Why is that?

Daredevil is a young, athletic, brunette, lawyer from New York who looks nothing like Jason Stratham and a lot like Ben Affleck. Yes, Affleck was terrible in that movie, doesn’t mean the casting director had the wrong idea just the wrong actor.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Daredevil is a young, athletic, brunette, lawyer from New York who looks nothing like Jason Stratham and a lot like Ben Affleck. Yes, Affleck was terrible in that movie, doesn’t mean the casting director had the wrong idea just the wrong actor.

So the only difference is that Statham shaves his head, since he is also brunette? Statham is ripped beyond belief, I dont know that he doesnt have the ability to pull off canning his accent, but the criteria you just listed doesnt scream to me "NOT JASON STATHAM", but whatever. You probably want Zac Efron because he is young and athletic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:28 AM)

So the only difference is that Statham shaves his head, since he is also brunette? Statham is ripped beyond belief, I dont know that he doesnt have the ability to pull off canning his accent, but the criteria you just listed doesnt scream to me "NOT JASON STATHAM", but whatever. You probably want Zac Efron because he is young and athletic

Nice, you just owned the s*** out of me. No idea that Stratham was a brunette, just don't think he's physically right for the role. He's buff, yeah, but Daredevil is like a gymnast. I sound like a dork, right now. I hate, Daredevil.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
Nice, you just owned the s*** out of me. No idea that Stratham was a brunette, just don't think he's physically right for the role. He's buff, yeah, but Daredevil is like a gymnast. I sound like a dork, right now. I hate, Daredevil.

Just logoff now before you open your mouth anymore. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)

See, the reason I like Statham for the role is because of the Crank movies. All you see is JS flying all over the place, doing crazy athletic stunts that he has no business doing(and he does most of his own stunts). The only thing I would be really worried about is the new york/brooklyn accent, because Murdocks character is supposed to be straight from Hells Kitchen.

But in the Daredevil suit I dont think there are many that could look the part more than Statham