Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
Frost/Nixon or Changeling this weekend?

Not Changeling....unless you want to hear Jolie say "My son" 2,459 different ways.

Very different movies. I loved Changeling and thought Jolie was good. Frost/Nixon isn't anywhere near as emotional, but Langella puts on one hell of a performance as Nixon. I don't think you can go wrong with either movie. But I'm partial to Changeling, and I thought that was the best movie from last year.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 2, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
Very different movies. I loved Changeling and thought Jolie was good. Frost/Nixon isn't anywhere near as emotional, but Langella puts on one hell of a performance as Nixon. I don't think you can go wrong with either movie. But I'm partial to Changeling, and I thought that was the best movie from last year.

Watched Changeling last night with the Mrs and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

I kept thinking the guy who played her attorney was current Senator Rockefeller but IMDB proved me wrong.

Edited by BigSqwert

I haven't seen Frost/Nixon yet, but I'll say Changeling is a really good movie. I also thought it was movie of the year last year. The only semi bad thing is that it is kind of long. You keep expecting it to end, but there's always more. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not a movie you can pop in to pass an hour.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Neither. I'm just blocking off like 8 hours on Saturday night and assuming it's filled by Bulls/Celtics game 7.

This is however, the correct answer.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2009 -> 07:30 AM)
Watched Changeling last night with the Mrs and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

I kept thinking the guy who played her attorney was current Senator Rockefeller but IMDB proved me wrong.

So you enjoy watching the Lifetime channel with your wife I assume...

:P

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
2lstfyu.jpg

I'll stick to pirating instead of paying for any of that crap. Wolverine 87 million opening weekend, I guess my illegal activities aren't hurting the business so much after all...

Spent yesterday evening being interviewed at our place for a documentary about veganism. Was an awesome experience. I even got to talk about the White Sox for a few moments. Hopefully they leave that in the final edit. smile.gif

Will keep you all posted when the final product is complete.

EDIT: Was previously posted in catch all thread

Seen the Soloist last night on account of the Whitesox lineup...jk...and I thought it was pretty good. I loved Nathaniel Ayers character(Jamie Foxx). I thought he hit that mans intelligent schizo personality on the head. He said he was so consumed by the character that he started feeling crazy paranoid himself, he was calling his agent talking nuts and his agent had to remind him who he was.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2009 -> 08:58 AM)
Has anyone see "Man On Wire"?

I thought that movie was very bizarre/strange...it won so many good reviews, but I would watch Borat, Bruno, American Movie or Waiting for Guffman about 100 times before watching that movie again.

Wow...why are you comparing any of those movies with Man on Wire? Only one could be considered in the same genre and even that movie has a completely different mood/feel.

And why do you find it bizarre/strange? Yes, it's about a guy who pulls off something unbelievable and unthinkable, which many people would think insane, but it's a beautiful film that shows a man accomplishing his dream and all of the thought and creativity and luck that went into it.

QUOTE (The Bones @ May 5, 2009 -> 01:18 AM)
Wow...why are you comparing any of those movies with Man on Wire? Only one could be considered in the same genre and even that movie has a completely different mood/feel.

And why do you find it bizarre/strange? Yes, it's about a guy who pulls off something unbelievable and unthinkable, which many people would think insane, but it's a beautiful film that shows a man accomplishing his dream and all of the thought and creativity and luck that went into it.

You hit what I was wondering. Comparing mockumentaries to documentaries?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
Very solid film none of you will ever watch: 'Sunshine Cleaning'

I am definitely planning to see that one. Don't lump me in with the Hannah Montana posse. :ph34r: