Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolverine was AWFUL, a total abortion of a film, and so laughably bad, I did just that, numerous time sin the theatre - laugh at a supposed serious scene. It was worse than Daredevil - completely unenjoyable, broke all kinds of logic that it sets up, and adds nothing to the character's story, which (i thought) was the point in the first place.

s***. Pure s***.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:58 AM)
Has anyone see "Man On Wire"?

I thought that movie was very bizarre/strange...it won so many good reviews, but I would watch Borat, Bruno, American Movie or Waiting for Guffman about 100 times before watching that movie again.

great doc - why do you list it amongst mockumentaries? A lot of it was re-enacted, and the main character was nuts, but it was extremely well made, and real.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ May 6, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
Wolverine was AWFUL, a total abortion of a film, and so laughably bad, I did just that, numerous time sin the theatre - laugh at a supposed serious scene. It was worse than Daredevil - completely unenjoyable, broke all kinds of logic that it sets up, and adds nothing to the character's story, which (i thought) was the point in the first place.

s***. Pure s***.

exactly what I expected. I dont get it, but directors feel like they have to re-tell origin stories and fill them up with as many characters as possible.

Batman continues to do well no matter if rebooted or not, because they dont change the story. His parents still die, he still ends up bitter, angry, and rich, and his villains dont change. From what I have read about this Wolverine story, they have already crossed up their own storyline with Cyclops and his love interest(NOT jean grey, rather a character who enters Cyclops life after Jean Grey), so any story following this movie will never have anything to do with X Men 1, 2 and 3. Whats the point?

I just dont understand why there are directors out there who are avid fans of the comic stories(Favreau, Nolan, Del Toro, etc) that are not approached for X-Men movies. It must be Fox

exactly what I expected. I dont get it, but directors feel like they have to re-tell origin stories and fill them up with as many characters as possible.

Batman continues to do well no matter if rebooted or not, because they dont change the story. His parents still die, he still ends up bitter, angry, and rich, and his villains dont change. From what I have read about this Wolverine story, they have already crossed up their own storyline with Cyclops and his love interest(NOT jean grey, rather a character who enters Cyclops life after Jean Grey), so any story following this movie will never have anything to do with X Men 1, 2 and 3. Whats the point?

I just dont understand why there are directors out there who are avid fans of the comic stories(Favreau, Nolan, Del Toro, etc) that are not approached for X-Men movies. It must be Fox

Not true.

Cyclops is blindfolded the entire time Wolverine is saving all the mutant kids. Wolverine suffers amnesia at the end so it erases all of the past before X-Men 1. I'm not sure if you're trying to talk about Cyclops' love interest in this movie because he was just a high school kid.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 6, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
Not true.

Cyclops is blindfolded the entire time Wolverine is saving all the mutant kids. Wolverine suffers amnesia at the end so it erases all of the past before X-Men 1. I'm not sure if you're trying to talk about Cyclops' love interest in this movie because he was just a high school kid.

Yeah seriously

What love interest? Cyclops was hardly a factor in this movie at all. There was NOTHING told to us, about him, aside from the fact that he was a mutant who didn't pay attention in class and had laser beam eyes.

I thought it was a good movie aside from

completely botching Deadpool

QUOTE (knightni @ May 6, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)

Why would I be disappointed about that, I am pumped.

With its own movie, they wouldn't make the same mistakes and I highly doubt he will look the same.

The biggest issue I had with it was he wasn't in Deadpool attire and pretty much was Baraka from Mortal Kombat.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
Why would I be disappointed about that, I am pumped.

With its own movie, they wouldn't make the same mistakes and I highly doubt he will look the same.

The biggest issue I had with it was he wasn't in Deadpool attire and pretty much was Baraka from Mortal Kombat.

You have far too much faith in a Deadpool movie being done correctly.

In regards to the love interest,

I read one of the pre-release pirated copy reviews, I didnt watch it, so truthfully I dont know exactly what happened, but from what I was reading they definitely strayed from the storyline

Doesn't Star Trek open today? Or tonight at midnight or whatever? Big day for Balta.

Rotten Tomatoes so far: 94%

That is stunning for a star trek film.

ETA: Kind of surprised, Ebert was one of the very few to not like it. I think he used to like ST films. I guess he liked the older style.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:47 AM)
Doesn't Star Trek open today? Or tonight at midnight or whatever? Big day for Balta.

Rotten Tomatoes so far: 94%

That is stunning for a star trek film.

ETA: Kind of surprised, Ebert was one of the very few to not like it. I think he used to like ST films. I guess he liked the older style.

Abrams must not have dropped a C note in Eberts pocket at the viewing

Edited by kyyle23

If they f*** up the Deadpool movie, I will kill whoever wrote and directed it.

deadpool.jpg

DeadPool.jpg

455833.jpg

He f***ing said "Shoryuken" and uppercutted that broad.

There is no funnier/cooler character.

Back to your regularly-schedule Star Trek conversations.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 7, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Going to rewatch The Reader later because I didn't really pay attention the first time. But the biggest disappointment of that movie? Kate Winslet's tits. They're hideous.

That's just shows us how incredible an actor she is. Her part required a set of hideous tits and she was able to convince us that her normally beautiful tatas are actually hideous.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 6, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
Not true.

the best part was the HOW he suffered the amnesia at the end: THE WORST PLOT DEVICE OF ALL TIME

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
Finally got around to downloading The Room. Plan to watch it on the way to Seattle later this month. Can't wait.

come out to LA - we do a midnight screening of it once a month here, Rocky Horror-style. There's no way that movie is as good without an audience.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 6, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)

completely botching Deadpool

They even fixed that in a line in the film. They say something to the effect of, "the bonding process has not completed". It's an easy fix, so i don't mind it. What they did with

Wade Was basically a round about way of doing what they did with him in the comics. Weapon X, terrible experimentations, healing factor, powers, scarring.

Edited by Thunderbolt