Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
I really had no idea they were going to be on campus; then one day I'm walking to my Econ class and Dustin Hoffman is five feet away. Obviously, no one expects to see an Academy Award winning actor on campus, so it didn't click right away. I casually nodded hello to him, and then about 15 seconds later I thought to myself, "That guy really looked a lot like Dustin Hoffman." I didn't get a chance to meet either of them after that, but it was a pretty awesome to be around when the movie was being shot and to have that mini run in with Mr. Hoffman.

Forget that, did any of you guys get free food from the food truck outside of the Student Center? I remember I was going to be an extra, but when they didn't pay anything, I decided it wasn't worth 4 hours of time just walking around the same spots. I did manage to get a burrito though! lol.

I'm surprised at all the MacGruber hate. I personally think it's one of the very few funny things SNL has done in recent years. I don't even watch SNL anymore b/c of how awful it is, but I'll watch MacGruber clips on Hulu.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
the hangover might be the funniest movie I've ever seen

I am excited to see that for Zach Galifianakalphabet, that guy cracks me up

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 03:00 AM)
I'm surprised at all the MacGruber hate. I personally think it's one of the very few funny things SNL has done in recent years. I don't even watch SNL anymore b/c of how awful it is, but I'll watch MacGruber clips on Hulu.

2 minute digital shorts are one thing, and it helps if you're familiar with the McGuyver source material to get the 80s attire etc. But, do you think the joke can be sustained over the course of a 90-minute movie??

Really bad idea.

On an older movie note...last night after Burn Notice..I started digging through piles of VHS tapes looking for a movie to watch. I put in Diggstown (with Louis Gossett jr. and James Woods) and can't believe i forgot how awesome of a movie it is. i got to find this on DVD soon!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
On an older movie note...last night after Burn Notice..I started digging through piles of VHS tapes looking for a movie to watch. I put in Diggstown (with Louis Gossett jr. and James Woods) and can't believe i forgot how awesome of a movie it is. i got to find this on DVD soon!!!!!!!!!

Sure....you watched Diggstown.

I will agree that Diggstown was the only movie in your pile of VHS tapes that you could mention here without being censored.

:lol:

BTW, Diggstown...great movie with a young Heather Graham. She got the part because she was dating James Woods at the time.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Sure....you watched Diggstown.

I will agree that Diggstown was the only movie in your pile of VHS tapes that you could mention here without being censored.

:lol:

BTW, Diggstown...great movie with a young Heather Graham. She got the part because she was dating James Woods at the time.

i also found the three original star wars movies and the first two Indiana jones movies....it was a flashback to my youth.....

Where has the movie "Bringing out the Dead" been my entire life? It was phenomenal. Good blend of humor and drama. I enjoyed Nicholas Cage's character as well, which is shocking because I make a conscious effort to avoid his films.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Where has the movie "Bringing out the Dead" been my entire life? It was phenomenal. Good blend of humor and drama. I enjoyed Nicholas Cage's character as well, which is shocking because I make a conscious effort to avoid his films.

Yeah, that movie is crazy, I remember seeing that in the theatre. My favorite scene is when he tries to quit and his boss tells him he is not allowed to quit, I was laughing so hard when he hit the table in disgust

I was flipping back and forth between the Lakers game and Jeepers Creepers on IFC. That movie was intriguing me but I didn't watch much of it. Anyone see it and recommend I watch it all the way through?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
I was flipping back and forth between the Lakers game and Jeepers Creepers on IFC. That movie was intriguing me but I didn't watch much of it. Anyone see it and recommend I watch it all the way through?

Jeepers Creepers is a pretty decent horror flick. The best part is there is no origin for the Creeper, it just comes out of nowhere. The second movie isnt that bad either

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
Jeepers Creepers is a pretty decent horror flick. The best part is there is no origin for the Creeper, it just comes out of nowhere. The second movie isnt that bad either

I liked it as well. Didn't see the 2nd one.

Cool ending as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
Hangover getting awesome reviews. Love it when a killer comedy is out in the summer.

Tribune gave it 1 and a half stars...just like Land of the Lost

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)

Agreed. It was one of the better horror movies in recent memory.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
2 minute digital shorts are one thing, and it helps if you're familiar with the McGuyver source material to get the 80s attire etc. But, do you think the joke can be sustained over the course of a 90-minute movie??

Really bad idea.

Absolutely not. But that's not what I was talking about. Everyone was hating on the MacGruber skits and I said I think they're funny. It had nothing to do with the movie they're planning on making b/c I wouldn't expect it to be funny at all.