Films Thread

Chisoxfn

Agreed. It was one of the better horror movies in recent memory.

Made by a convicted Child pedo.

I saw Hangover and Drag me to Hell tonight. Both were good. It's too bad Drag me to Hell was only rated PG-13 as some teenagers would just not STFU and the entire first row of 10 year olds were ejected about 30 minutes into the movie.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Made by a convicted Child pedo.

I saw Hangover and Drag me to Hell tonight. Both were good. It's too bad Drag me to Hell was only rated PG-13 as some teenagers would just not STFU and the entire first row of 10 year olds were ejected about 30 minutes into the movie.

went to watch The Hangover tonight.... I was carded. I'm 24, but the theater has a new policy....must be 21 or older to purchase R tickets.

You can be 17 to watch, but you have to be 21 to buy...WTF is up with that??

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:04 AM)
went to watch The Hangover tonight.... I was carded. I'm 24, but the theater has a new policy....must be 21 or older to purchase R tickets.

You can be 17 to watch, but you have to be 21 to buy...WTF is up with that??

That’s absolute bull. If you ever have the time I’d talk to the manager, it’s just a half-assed way to go about things. Also, anyone else wanna put their man card down for a second and say that they’re reasonably excited for the next Harry Potter film?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:05 AM)
That’s absolute bull. If you ever have the time I’d talk to the manager, it’s just a half-assed way to go about things. Also, anyone else wanna put their man card down for a second and say that they’re reasonably excited for the next Harry Potter film?

I'm definitely excited. No shame in that at all.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:08 AM)
I'm definitely excited. No shame in that at all.

It will be good to see Half-Blood Prince finally come out, but I really wish it had been ready for a November 2008 release like they had been planned.

Have they even started production on Deathly Hallows? It's going to be really hard believing Harry and co. are 17 by the time that one comes out.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
It will be good to see Half-Blood Prince finally come out, but I really wish it had been ready for a November 2008 release like they had been planned.

Have they even started production on Deathly Hallows? It's going to be really hard believing Harry and co. are 17 by the time that one comes out.

They're about a third of the way through filming right now. They split the book into two films (greed is good?), and it looks like they're shooting both together.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
They're about a third of the way through filming right now. They split the book into two films (greed is good?), and it looks like they're shooting both together.

Really?!!?

I can't believe JK was cool with that decision.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Really?!!?

I can't believe JK was cool with that decision.

i thought i read somewhere that it was partially HER idea. if it was just one movie then (like usual) they would have to have cut out a bunch of stuff. A book/movie wrapping up the series you don't want anything left out.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
i thought i read somewhere that it was partially HER idea. if it was just one movie then (like usual) they would have to have cut out a bunch of stuff. A book/movie wrapping up the series you don't want anything left out.

Yes, reading up on it now I see it has her approval. I'd still rather they just released a single 3- to 40-hour final installment ala' the LOTR installments, but I guess this is the best way to get some of Book 7 without having to wait until Summer 2011.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
Up was really excellent. And I'm now convinced that I'd rather see something original from Pixar and not a third Toy Story.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/04/09/dis...p-through-2012/

They have plenty of original stuff in there as well as TS3.

Although I would have liked to see a Bugs Life 2 before I saw a Toy Story 3, but it doesnt matter to me because I dont think they watered down Toy Story 2 anyways

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/04/09/dis...p-through-2012/

They have plenty of original stuff in there as well as TS3.

Although I would have liked to see a Bugs Life 2 before I saw a Toy Story 3, but it doesnt matter to me because I dont think they watered down Toy Story 2 anyways

TS2 was decent enough, but I think sequels for Pixar is just wasted time. From that link I see they'll also be doing a Cars 2.

I'm about the biggest Pixar fan there is, but to me the sequels are totally unnecessary.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Let me add one more positive review of The Hangover - I laughed A LOT.

Zach Galifinakis and Ed Helms were especially great, and Heather Graham didn't have enough lines to f*** it up.

Highly recommended!!

Not to mention we get a boob shot.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)

Oh I know. I was just saying, I mean it doesn't hurt to get a new one.

Never argue with a boob shot. You never know when you get your next surprise boob shot.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Let me add one more positive review of The Hangover - I laughed A LOT.

Zach Galifinakis and Ed Helms were especially great, and Heather Graham didn't have enough lines to f*** it up.

Highly recommended!!

I agree completely with what you said, plus they showed Heather Graham's tit.

Also, I'm definitely pumped for the new Harry Potter. Why would one's man card be on the line for that?

WGN's Nick "The Contrarian" Digilio tore into The Hangover tonight on his show, saying he barely laughed at all and he couldn't understand why everyone around him was laughing.

I swear, that guy only likes movies everyone else hates. That seems to be his gimmick - he talked up that stupid Liam Neeson movie like it was sent down from Heaven by angels, yet he can't see any humor in The Hangover.

riiiiiiiiight......