Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
In the movie, she was hot as hell. in real life, she's gotten real skanky in the last year.

Agreed. She has beautiful eyes, which I love on a woman, but she has gotten nasty.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
Sorry, I thought this was my eharmony profile.

Brian's profile:

Must haves:

Eyes

Nose

Mouth

Ability to Breathe Air

Turn Offs:

Playing Dead

Having a body temperature under 80 degrees

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:21 AM)
Brian's profile:

Must haves:

Eyes

Nose

Mouth

Ability to Breathe Air

Turn Offs:

Playing Dead

Having a body temperature under 80 degrees

Why is that in green?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
Seriously, what's up with her thumbs?

megan-foxs-thumb-nail-2-315x368.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/...all_thumbs.html

The medical term for Megan Fox’s ever so slightly misshapen thumb is brachydactyly, which is basically a fancy word for a clubbed thumb, according to local hand surgeons.

That being said, there were moments in this new "Transformers" movie that were so confusing, so contradictory, or so corny that they completely took me out of the movie. Even days after watching it, some new inconsistency or plot hole would pop into my mind.

I can hear it already: "It's a popcorn movie. It's based on a bunch of toys. It's just supposed to be fun." And yes, all of those things are true. But that doesn't mean I can't ask questions about what in the world was going on. Here are the ten that I most want answered. (WARNING: contains spoilers).

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-transf...-questions.html

Good stuff.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)

"It's a popcorn movie. It's based on a bunch of toys. It's just supposed to be fun."

That's how I feel.

That reminds me: ...why would a robot need glasses? He has little lenses that flip in front of his mechanical eyes. Couldn't he just get his eyes adjusted? You'd think with all the laser guns, someone could perform a Lasik procedure.

The Hubble needed "glasses".

The Fallen is the last of the Primes, since they all sacrificed themselves to stop him from destroying the sun. But then he says that Optimus is a descendant of the Primes. First, Transformers have kids? And second, how could he descend from them if they were all dead? And if the Fallen could only be destroyed by a Prime, why didn't the originals just gang up on him back in the day? And what makes Optimus so special, anyway? Megatron beat him earlier, but all it takes is a few spare parts from creaky old Jetfire for him to take out the Fallen?

Ok, the kids part I get, but maybe one of the Primes had a kid before he sacrificed himself. I gathered that the originals did try to gang up, but the Fallen had supporters.

All the other points are valid, but it's an entertainment movie. nothing more. it's entertainment, not the Matrix or LOST where there is some larger philosophical point.

Actually at 2 hours and 30 minutes it's quite boring. I was yawning throughout the end of the desert battle.

When they transported to Egypt why was the time of the day the same as when they left America?

I know,I know. Just a popcorn film.

/cop-out

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
Seriously, what's up with her thumbs?

megan-foxs-thumb-nail-2-315x368.jpg

Ugh, I was half hoping that it was photo shopped or something but that really is her thumb.. awful

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
Sorry, I thought this was my eharmony profile.

For some reason I picture your profile being like the Mad TV Lowered Expectations skit lol

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
That's how I feel.

The Hubble needed "glasses".

Ok, the kids part I get, but maybe one of the Primes had a kid before he sacrificed himself. I gathered that the originals did try to gang up, but the Fallen had supporters.

All the other points are valid, but it's an entertainment movie. nothing more. it's entertainment, not the Matrix or LOST where there is some larger philosophical point.

How's this movie different from the Matrix? That was a popcorn flick too. Same basic goal. I didn't have to "turn my brain off" to go see the Matrix.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:23 AM)
Ugh, I was half hoping that it was photo shopped or something but that really is her thumb.. awful

OK, I almost never comment on the hot chick type discussions, but I need to chime in here. Someone needs to explain to me why everyone here seemed to think Megan Fox was hot, despite that her face is really kind of weird looking (nice body no doubt), but they because she has a misshapen thumb its a turn-off. Seriously, WTF? The fact that she's just plain unattractive in the face is no biggie, but the one inch of the end of her thumb is?

I'm sorry but some of you people are bizarre.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:47 AM)
How's this movie different from the Matrix? That was a popcorn flick too. Same basic goal. I didn't have to "turn my brain off" to go see the Matrix.

Yeah I agree, popcorn action flicks can still be done well. Actually, my favorite example of a completely silly and excapist action movie that was still very entertaining and well done was The Fifth Element.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:08 AM)
OK, I almost never comment on the hot chick type discussions, but I need to chime in here. Someone needs to explain to me why everyone here seemed to think Megan Fox was hot, despite that her face is really kind of weird looking (nice body no doubt), but they because she has a misshapen thumb its a turn-off. Seriously, WTF? The fact that she's just plain unattractive in the face is no biggie, but the one inch of the end of her thumb is?

I'm sorry but some of you people are bizarre.

^^^^^

She's incredibly overrated.