Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw American Gangster. I liked it, the ending wasn't bad as I didn't know the back story, but I thought Denzel did a great job as usual. Wasn't as great as everyone made it out out to be, but it was good.

Upcoming on my list of movies to watch: 3:10 to Yuma (I desperately want to see this) and Into The Wild.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 07:43 AM)
One of these days I'll get to see the new National Treasure movie, and it'll be hilarious. If only I could convince someone else to go with me... :P

I wanna see it, but won't go with you.

First one was such a fun movie. Totally unbelievable but if you can't suspend disbelief, don't go to the movies.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 09:17 AM)
I wanna see it, but won't go with you.

First one was such a fun movie. Totally unbelievable but if you can't suspend disbelief, don't go to the movies.

I just want to go so I can laugh the whole time, it looks hilarious and just fun.

I'll see it when I get back to Minnesota.. I'm sure I can convince one of my college friends to see it with me.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
'Walk Hard' was enjoyable, especially if you are a johnny cash fan.

It was enjoyable, but not great, I probably wouldn't see it again.

Yuck, I thought it was awful.

Finally got "We are Marshall" for a gift today. One of my favorite movies ever, absolutely loved it.

Edited by Rowand44

What problems did people have with the ending of I AM LEGEND? Just got back from it and liked it a lot. Except for the jagbags that do not know how to behave in the theatre. They reminded me why I never go to night shows anymore.

I don't know, I enjoyed the ending as well (although I did almost lose it at a point near the end, but that's just based on how much humor I get out of certain things that get said)

Edited by Felix

A POST FULL OF SPOILERS!!!

If it was a happy ending, I can tell you that people who read the book would have a problem with that. There is no happy ending in the book, and the ending of the book is where the title I Am Legend comes from.

SPOILER for those who don't want the ending of the book!!!

In the book the vampires, who are intelligent creatures, make Neville take a pill to kill himself. They feel as long as he lives he is a threat. His final words in the book are "I am legend" after he explains how the human race willl now be a legend and a story to tell the new race about. In other words, in the book, all human life has been wiped out and replaced by the vampires.

Edited by Kid Gleason

I AM LEGEND Spoilers.

I liked the end for the reasons above. Neville said they would not give up and keep coming so he took his life after giving Anna the antecdote to take.

I like how the movie also portrays the creatures as being smart. They saw how Neville caught the one night crawler than used his method against him.

Last night was a bad viewing experience because of the way people act. People laughing at Will Smith crying when he takes Sam's life and the behavior when he is alone and depressed. Luckily the little 13 year olds that wouldn't shut up and sit still were on the other side of the theatre so they didn't bug me too much, but still annoying.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
I AM LEGEND Spoilers.

I liked the end for the reasons above. Neville said they would not give up and keep coming so he took his life after giving Anna the antecdote to take.

I like how the movie also portrays the creatures as being smart. They saw how Neville caught the one night crawler than used his method against him.

Last night was a bad viewing experience because of the way people act. People laughing at Will Smith crying when he takes Sam's life and the behavior when he is alone and depressed. Luckily the little 13 year olds that wouldn't shut up and sit still were on the other side of the theatre so they didn't bug me too much, but still annoying.

Actually, there is a huge controversy over who exactly set the trap. Many people seem to believe it was Neville who set it up and moved "Fred" there in order to trick the darkseekers. Others seem to believe that the Alpha Male set up the trap after seeing the trap that Neville set up under the bridge to catch one for testing. I personally believe Neville set it and just forgot about it, this way, the movie portrays him slowly going crazy. If you remember, when he was recording one of his videos, he said that they no longer show signs of any human behavior, after one of them exposed themselves to the light momentarily. Following that scene when he kills Sam, they show him at the movie store going crazy and wanting the mannequin to speak to him.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 01:07 AM)

Actually, there is a huge controversy over who exactly set the trap. Many people seem to believe it was Neville who set it up and moved "Fred" there in order to trick the darkseekers. Others seem to believe that the Alpha Male set up the trap after seeing the trap that Neville set up under the bridge to catch one for testing. I personally believe Neville set it and just forgot about it, this way, the movie portrays him slowly going crazy. If you remember, when he was recording one of his videos, he said that they no longer show signs of any human behavior, after one of them exposed themselves to the light momentarily. Following that scene when he kills Sam, they show him at the movie store going crazy and wanting the mannequin to speak to him.

After first seeing the movie, I thought Neville had set it up and forgot about it due to his insanity. However, now I lean toward the Alpha Male. They kept showing him doing kinda smart things and it seems too coincidental that he happened to be waiting in that building with some dogs.

Without going back to read earlier posts, I agree with those annoyed by the CGI in "I Am Legend". After watching "The Descent" and "28 Days Later" I wonder why anyone would think CGI would be scarier. It practically ruined the movie for me.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
Ya, so Juno rocked my socks off. What a fantastic movie.

I too just got back from Juno. It was one of the most enjoyable films I've seen... great, hilarious dialog along with a great storyline.

I can't wait to see it again.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
Ya, so Juno rocked my socks off. What a fantastic movie.

Have the next week with nothing to do. Gonna see this, No Country for Old Men, Sweeney Todd, and NATIONAL TREASURE 2!!!

Every 2007 movie I saw and the number of stars out of 4. Ranked in order:

American Gangster 4

No Country for Old Men 4

Zodiac 3.5

Knocked up 3.5

Fracture 3.5

King of Kong 3

Beowulf 3

Shoot 'Em Up 3

Superbad 3

300 2.5

Simpsons Movie 2.5