Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Saw Sweeney Todd last night, I loved it. It is extremely bloody, so if you're taking a friend who is squemish I would give them a heads up.

I saw the revival on Broadway in 2006 with Pati LuPone and thought it was every bit as entertaining. They did a good job expanding the limitations from the stage.

The cast was great. Bohnem-Carter (sp?) especially stood out, she was phenomenal.

I got passes from work for this. Just have to find the time.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
I saw the Kingdom last night and damn did it freaking rock.

That movie is sooooo ridiculously good! I wish i saw it in theaters! I only own two dvd's, Black Hawk Down, and The Kingdom. So worth it.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
That movie is sooooo ridiculously good! I wish i saw it in theaters! I only own two dvd's, Black Hawk Down, and The Kingdom. So worth it.

I didn't hear much about it when it was in theatres, I wanted to see it than but no one else I knew was too interested, so yesterday I was thinking holy s*** this is f***ing awesome the entire time I watched it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Just bought The Kingdom and Rescue Dawn on DVD, can't wait to watch them. I've heard nothing but great things about both.

Rescue Dawn is such an amazing story. Not only Bale, but Davies and Zahn are so good in it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
Rescue Dawn was awesome. I can't wait for 3:10 to Yuma to come out on DVD so I can watch that.

3:10 to Yuma is awesome as well. If you like any of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns, you'll love this movie. Hell, even if you don't, you'll probably like this movie. Comes out this Tuesday.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
I saw the Kingdom last night and damn did it freaking rock.

I freakin hated the ending, "were going to kill them all" but other than that it was great.

And saw Stardust, only to see Robert DeNiro as a gay pirate, that was the only good part.

And Once, Im still listening to the soundtrack, such a great music.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
National Treasure 2 was one of the most nonsensical movies I've ever seen.

It was still mildly entertaining.

I liked the first one a lot. It was so out there but fun. I hated the 2nd. So boring. No good action scenes. The sequence on the square in the cave was cool, but that was it. And Diane Kruger.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 01:58 AM)
I liked the first one a lot. It was so out there but fun. I hated the 2nd. So boring. No good action scenes. The sequence on the square in the cave was cool, but that was it. And Diane Kruger.

I thought all of it was entertaining, but holy hell, have anyone ever seen a movie with so many plot holes?

What plot holes?

A Southern Mexican civilization built a city of gold in South Dakota.

The English found the city but decided not to take any of the gold. Queen Victoria wanted the South to win the war, so after the South lost the war, she sent one clue each to two Southerners who didn't know each other. One clue was the last step to finding the treasure. The other clue was in a code and would direct the recipient to something that wouldn't be made another for 10 years. Somehow, despite this great help, the South couldn't figure out the location of the treasure. Dummies.

When Calvin Coolidge was president, he decided to play around with the drawers in his desk. There were numbers on the drawers and he set them to 1876. He was rewarded with half a clue. Using this half-clue, he found the city of gold. Like the English, he decided not to take any of the gold. Instead, he thought it would be better to hide it by putting a tourist attraction in front of it.

Later, Nick Cage finds it.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 04:25 AM)
Netflix update:

Saw 28 weeks later tonight, hated it.........the original was twice as good. The plot lines in this movie make zero sense nd kept me going, "oh come on".

Really? I saw 28 Weeks before seeing 28 Days, and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was done fantastically, and have been meaning to see it again but just haven't gotten around to it. I did enjoy it more than 28 Days Later though.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
was dragged to sweeney todd.

It was entertaining but I'm super squeamish about blood and couldn't watch like 10% of the movie.

Sweeney Todd was awful. And you definitely must be super squeamish, because the blood was incredibly fake (seemingly on purpose).

Juno was funny enough.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
Sweeney Todd was awful. And you definitely must be super squeamish, because the blood was incredibly fake (seemingly on purpose).

Juno was funny enough.

When I saw Sweeney Todd as a play, the blood and gore was a big part of the production

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
How??

It was an effective zombie movie. It had zombies, great music, and was a fun movie to watch. I'll see it again relatively soon hopefully and will expand on this if you want, but I enjoyed it :)

(also, let it be known, I'm a big Danny Boyle fan, and I did really enjoy the original; I just felt like I got more of what I wanted (zombies!) out of the second)