Films Thread

Chisoxfn

I saw second Narnia movie last night. I know they're based off the books and although I've never read the books, I didn't like the ending of the movie but I thought the rest was very good. Overall, I still liked the first movie better.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 19, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
I saw second Narnia movie last night. I know they're based off the books and although I've never read the books, I didn't like the ending of the movie but I thought the rest was very good. Overall, I still liked the first movie better.

I did as well this afternoon.

They veered away from the book more this time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
"The Happening" looks like it's going to be splendid.

I read several spoilers and it sounds interesting. From what I recall (and this was several months ago -- perhaps it wasn't accurate), there's no ridiculous "twist" at the end which lessens the impact of the story.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 20, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
I am not a M. Knight fan, but some of those images were creepy.

I am gonna get flamed for this, but "UnBreakable" was his only movie I liked.

I liked that movie as well, I read it was actually written as a trilogy(it seemed to me that he hurried the end). I dont care much for Lady in the Water and The Village, but I like Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 20, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
I liked that movie as well, I read it was actually written as a trilogy(it seemed to me that he hurried the end). I dont care much for Lady in the Water and The Village, but I like Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable.

Agree on all.

I thought Signs was his best though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
Agree on all.

I thought Signs was his best though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

followed by Sixth Sense

I thought Signs was utterly phenomenal though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 20, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

followed by Sixth Sense

I thought Signs was utterly phenomenal though.

Except for the whole

WHY THE HELL DID THEY COME TO EARTH IF THEY ARE EASILY KILLED BY WATER? They can travel unfathomable distances, but cannot figure out they cannot touch the most abundant resource on Earth? Also, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE WATER VAPOR IN THE AIR? ANYONE? ANYONE?

Did you ever see the original?

Yes, which is why it's one of the worst sequels ever.

I'm not a fan of horror, but I enjoyed Hostel. It reminded me of Wes Craven's work from back in the day. Hostel II was not creepy at all and the humor was not there.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 21, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
Sixth Sense > Unbreakable >>> Signs.

Even by M. Knight standards, the ending to Signs was really lame.

You are definitely in the minority on that opinion.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 21, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
Sixth Sense > Unbreakable >>> Signs.

Even by M. Knight standards, the ending to Signs was really lame.

Totally disagree. I thought the ending was great.

Signs > Sixth Sense > Unbreakable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> His other two films

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
You are definitely in the minority on that opinion.

I don't know that is the case. Sixth Sense is certainly the most solid thing he's done. The over-the-top comic book logic of Unbreakable was somewhat palatable because the whole film was very much a hero versus anti hero comic book.

But, for how good the buildup was in Signs, the ending was just really flat. Water as the weapon Mel's family used to defeat the last alien was stupid, and the fact that they never even bothered explaining what the rest of the world did to to repel the aliens (I assume it also involved water) was about as bad as the "they must have done something to us" storyline copout from the Abyss. And if Shyamalan was going to cop out on a decent means for repelling an alien invasion, at least he could have raped the bones of H.G. Wells and gone for the microbe thing. Water??!!?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 21, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
The Aliens weakness is water. They are smart enough to travel across entire galaxies and they come to a planet where pretty much everything is 70% water???

I was actually enjoying SIGNS up until this.

VamanosSignsAlien.gif

Bingo.