Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
A lot of people in here really missed the entire point of Signs.

The title alone has two meanings. Signs = crop signs, Signs = things with greater meaning.

No one misses the point of Signs. The twist was so heavy-handed and ridiculous that you can't miss it.

HEY, LOOK AT THIS!

THE WIFE'S LAST WORDS ARE SAVING THEM!

THE DAUGHTER'S OCD IS SAVING THEM!

THE SON'S ASTHMA IS SAVING HIM!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 27, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
I enjoyed Iron Man. Would love to have seen a darker version from the mind of Christopher Nolan. Overall a fun movie though.

It was just the beginning, and there are plenty of dark story arcs. Im sure that road will be traveled down the line

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 27, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
It was just the beginning, and there are plenty of dark story arcs. Im sure that road will be traveled down the line

I don't know how much of the canonical Tony Stark history they'll care to put into films, but the Obadiah Stane arc with a homeless, penniless Tony certainly qualifies as dark.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
Saw Indy last night. The phrases "ham-handed" and "over-the-top" are understatements.

Of the handful of people I know that have seen it, none have told me I should go check it out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
Its GI Joe. How seriously were you planning on taking it? :lol:

LOL, thats what I am thinking. Everyone is killing this movie already based on pictures.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
I had hopes for The Happening...until I decided to look into reviews and spoilers that have already come out. It sounds f***ing horrible now, which is what I originally expected.

It's M. Knight. Of course it will suck. It will have some decent images and cool cinematography, but as far as a story teller, he is overrated IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 29, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
It's M. Knight. Of course it will suck. It will have some decent images and cool cinematography, but as far as a story teller, he is overrated IMO.

Well, I automatically assumed it would suck, but then I watched the trailer that kyyle23 posted. That made it look pretty good. Unfortunately, it looks like s*** again.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
Well, I automatically assumed it would suck, but then I watched the trailer that kyyle23 posted. That made it look pretty good. Unfortunately, it looks like s*** again.

What did you see/read that makes you think it will blow?

The reviews I read about it made it sound ok? :huh :huh

“The Happening” is a terrible, terrible movie. I mean, it’s bad on an epic scale… let me stress: this is not pent-up Shyamalan aggression or a desire to see him fail. This is bad in a jaw-dropping “they can’t really be serious, can they?” kind of way.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 30, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
I thought There Will Be Blood was wayy better than No Country For Old Men.

I agree.

Oh and Indiana Jones, yeah they overdid it, doesn't touch any of the first three movies in the series.

I mean, aliens? Come on, I thought that was rather lame especially the end. Had there been no alien then it would be different.