Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
I really like Brolin, and I didn't realize it until the last year or so.

He seemed to disappear for a while(after the goonies into the 90s), now all the sudden he is in some quality movies.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
I found it to be fairly disappointing. Overall a very predictable movie that dragged on. Jane Lynch stole the show.

The last half hour or so was a complete joke, talk about dragging I thought it would never end. The actor who played Augie (McLovin) was just awful, not funny at all.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
The last half hour or so was a complete joke, talk about dragging I thought it would never end. The actor who played Augie (McLovin) was just awful, not funny at all.

Agree that he was not funny. The other kid wasn't all that funny either. Having a little kid drop f-bombs might automatically make some people laugh but I need a little better writing to do it for me.

I thought Rudd's character was pretty funny though. Seann William Scott played the exact same guy he has played in everything he's been in.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
Agree that he was not funny. The other kid wasn't all that funny either. Having a little kid drop f-bombs might automatically make some people laugh but I need a little better writing to do it for me.

I thought Rudd's character was pretty funny though. Seann William Scott played the exact same guy he has played in everything he's been in.

That is exactly what I would have said about it. I didn't find either the little kid, or William Scott funny at all( I never find William Scott funny though). I actually thought the ending was the best part of the whole movie. The only reason I enjoyed it was because of Rudd's awesomeness.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
That is exactly what I would have said about it. I didn't find either the little kid, or William Scott funny at all( I never find William Scott funny though). I actually thought the ending was the best part of the whole movie. The only reason I enjoyed it was because of Rudd's awesomeness.

agreed, he needs more leading comedic roles

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
I watched the Bourne Ultimatum last night for the first time.

Over half-way into the movie I was thinking to myself, "Man, when is something going to happen?"

The second and third in that series really strayed from what made the first one great. The second one gave me a headache from the crazy moving camera, and the third bored me for most of it til the end.

In about 3 hours here, I get to go see a panel discussion of some of the nation's top scientists discussing the science behind the movie "The day the Earth Stood Still".

The nation's top scientists, and Keanu Reeves, as well, I might add.

If nothing else, I get a free dinner out of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
In about 3 hours here, I get to go see a panel discussion of some of the nation's top scientists discussing the science behind the movie "The day the Earth Stood Still".

The nation's top scientists, and Keanu Reeves, as well, I might add.

If nothing else, I get a free dinner out of it.

Ask Keanu if he knows Kung Fu.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.

Well that was just random and confusing. It seemed like no one really had a clue what was supposed to go on with this thing, the moderator didn't have a plan & didn't do very well, the film's director was up there also and he was pretty good, Keanu seemed to just be totally confused about why he was there and they weren't nearly ready for the kind of out-of-left-field-where-Q-plays questions that Caltech students think up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
Well that was just random and confusing. It seemed like no one really had a clue what was supposed to go on with this thing, the moderator didn't have a plan & didn't do very well, the film's director was up there also and he was pretty good, Keanu seemed to just be totally confused about why he was there and they weren't nearly ready for the kind of out-of-left-field-where-Q-plays questions that Caltech students think up.

"Hath not a dude, eyes? If you prick us, do we not get bummed? If we eat bad guacamole, do we not blow chunks?"

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)

"Hath not a dude, eyes? If you prick us, do we not get bummed? If we eat bad guacamole, do we not blow chunks?"

You know the scary thing? His response was actually "If you prick me do I not bleed?". I was wondering if I was the only one in the audience who remembered that Critic quote at that point.