Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw The Punisher: War Zone earlier. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one. The first one was one of the best comic book movies ever. This one completely changed the storyline (which I found unnecessary and disliked) and was way, way over the top.

EDIT: It really missed Thomas Jane.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
I saw The Punisher: War Zone earlier. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one. The first one was one of the best comic book movies ever. This one completely changed the storyline (which I found unnecessary and disliked) and was way, way over the top.

EDIT: It really missed Thomas Jane.

By "first one", do you mean Thomas Jane's or Dolph Lundgren's?

Hate to rehash an old topic, but the second punisher was not one of the best comic book movies of all time. I watched one of those, Superman, earlier today. I might see this punisher just because of how violent and bad it's suppsed to be. I could've sworn there was talk awhile ago of making this movie rated PG-13.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
Hate to rehash an old topic, but the second punisher was not one of the best comic book movies of all time. I watched one of those, Superman, earlier today. I might see this punisher just because of how violent and bad it's suppsed to be. I could've sworn there was talk awhile ago of making this movie rated PG-13.

Superman was a terrible movie. It couldn't have been more boring if they tried. And by "the second punisher," which do you mean? The Thomas Jane version was one of the best comic book movies ever made, period.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 02:59 AM)
Superman was a terrible movie. It couldn't have been more boring if they tried. And by "the second punisher," which do you mean? The Thomas Jane version was one of the best comic book movies ever made, period.

I usually agree with you on movies, but you couldnt be more wrong if you tried, especially on the theme of it being the best comic book movie of all time. The Thomas Jane punisher has barely any connection to the comic book character. If they changed the names of the characters in that movie and just made it an action/revenge movie about a guy whose family was killed, nobody would know the difference.

The Punisher IS over the top, thats the way the comic book is. He just kills and kills in many different violent ways, its just the way it is. If thats the way the Ray Stevenson Punisher is, Im all for it.

Edited by kyyle23

"The second one" = Punisher with Thomas Jane.

That Punisher had a great opening, but like kyyle said, it came off more like a Charles Bronson "Death Wish" movies.

Dark Knight, Batmans Begins and Iron Man are in their own class.

Then I'd toss Superman, X2, Batman (1989,) Hellboy, Spider-Man 2, The Incredible Hulk together.

Third Stage: X-Men, X-Men 3, Superman 2, Batman Returns, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 3, Spawn, Punisher (Jane)

4th: Batman Forever, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Judge Dredd

Bottom of the Barrel: Catwoman, Elektra, Superman 3, Superman 4, Batman and Robin, and probably this new Punisher.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
I usually agree with you on movies, but you couldnt be more wrong if you tried, especially on the theme of it being the best comic book movie of all time. The Thomas Jane punisher has barely any connection to the comic book character. If they changed the names of the characters in that movie and just made it an action/revenge movie about a guy whose family was killed, nobody would know the difference.

The Punisher IS over the top, thats the way the comic book is. He just kills and kills in many different violent ways, its just the way it is. If thats the way the Ray Stevenson Punisher is, Im all for it.

I didn't say it was the best, just one of the best. And when I said the Superman movie was terrible, I meant the one that just came out. It was incredibly boring.

I didn't say it was the best, just one of the best. And when I said the Superman movie was terrible, I meant the one that just came out. It was incredibly boring.

Yeah, I forgot to throw Superman returns into the middle pack. I'm not so sure why Singer decided to go so slow paced and long with that movie. He was trying to connect it to happen after the second movie, so maybe he felt like people needed a refresher.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
Yeah, I forgot to throw Superman returns into the middle pack. I'm not so sure why Singer decided to go so slow paced and long with that movie. He was trying to connect it to happen after the second movie, so maybe he felt like people needed a refresher.

Yeah, he even said as much(in regards to refreshing peoples memory of the first two movies).

I understood what he was trying to do, and why he did it, I just think he overestimated the reaction that would come for a movie like that. I think he biggest fault, and coincidentally his greatest move, was to bring Lex Luthor in as the bad guy(yet again).

Spacey was awesome as a ruthless Lex Luthor, but come on, in every movie Superman has gone up against Lex Luthor except for Superman 3, and in that movie he went against himself. That has been done over and over, it was time for Brainiac or Bizzaro or even Doomsday to make an appearance.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
1) The Dark Knight

2) Spider-Man 2

3) X-Men 2

4) Iron Man

5) Batman Begins

6) The Incredible Hulk

7) Hellboy

8) Hellboy 2

9) X-Men

10) X-Men 3

11) Spider-Man

12) Fantastic Four

13) Punisher (Jane)

14) Batman 89

One more and we have January's list. ;)

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 01:03 AM)
I just saw the Dark Knight for the first time tonight, good movie, hype killed it for me. Was expecting it to be way better.

Seeing it in the theater probably would have helped. It's easily in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 08:43 AM)
I just saw BORAT for the first time the other night. Was not much of a fan of it. I found the social/racial stuff interesting, but there was way too much sex stuff. Yeah, I'm a prude I guess.

I didn't think it was that great of a movie period. It had it's moments, but to me it was pretty boring.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
I didn't think it was that great of a movie period. It had it's moments, but to me it was pretty boring.

Oh thank the Lord! For all the love this film gets, I was afraid I would be torn apart for not really liking it. The people here at work thought I was crazy for not finding it that funny.