Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
"The second one" = Punisher with Thomas Jane.

That Punisher had a great opening, but like kyyle said, it came off more like a Charles Bronson "Death Wish" movies.

Dark Knight, Batmans Begins and Iron Man are in their own class.

Then I'd toss Superman, X2, Batman (1989,) Hellboy, Spider-Man 2, The Incredible Hulk together.

Third Stage: X-Men, X-Men 3, Superman 2, Batman Returns, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 3, Spawn, Punisher (Jane)

4th: Batman Forever, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Judge Dredd

Bottom of the Barrel: Catwoman, Elektra, Superman 3, Superman 4, Batman and Robin, and probably this new Punisher.

I thought Iron man was incredibly crappy and doesnt belong in the same sentence as Dark Knight

Scary Bat voice doesnt bother me as much as it does everyone else. What is Batman gonna do, run around and not change his voice? Someone would recognize it. It doesnt sound good, but I dont know what would sound good.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 05:30 PM)
Scary Bat voice doesnt bother me as much as it does everyone else. What is Batman gonna do, run around and not change his voice? Someone would recognize it. It doesnt sound good, but I dont know what would sound good.

The main complaint I saw was that he even used the Scary Batvoice around Alfred and others who knew he was Batman.

After watching the Dark Knight for the first time since I seen it in the theatre I noticed sooo much more of the landmarks in the city. I dont know how I missed in the very first scene when they blew out the window from the blue building to get across to the old post office.I worked in the blue building for 4 years(300 s Riverside building).Its pretty cool to see your everyday stomping grounds on the big screen.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 07:59 AM)
After watching the Dark Knight for the first time since I seen it in the theatre I noticed sooo much more of the landmarks in the city. I dont know how I missed in the very first scene when they blew out the window from the blue building to get across to the old post office.I worked in the blue building for 4 years(300 s Riverside building).Its pretty cool to see your everyday stomping grounds on the big screen.

Oh yes, I saw the bus plow into the building on canal when I worked at 200 s wacker.

Also I watched it again last night on my 50in sammy. I liked it MUCH better than sitting in the far right side of the front row at the AMC on Illinois. His voice is very annoying, but i think it was much easier to enjoy Heath's performance on the smaller screen.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 06:02 PM)
I thought Iron man was incredibly crappy and doesnt belong in the same sentence as Dark Knight

I thought Iron Man was easily the better of the two. The scope and sweep of the story was limited, as appropriate for an origin story, and I thought it was the best film adaptation from a comic book in the last few years.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
I thought Iron Man was easily the better of the two. The scope and sweep of the story was limited, as appropriate for an origin story, and I thought it was the best film adaptation from a comic book in the last few years.

I've never been a comic book reader, so its based entirely on the value of the movie to me which I thought was boring and full of terrible acting.

Will see 'Milk' later today. I'm geeked.

And this looks surprisingly interesting. How does M. Tomei get sexier and sexier as she gets older? And what the hell happened to Rourke's face? Is that what you look like when steroids and Botox combine?

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thewrestler/

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 12:18 PM)
Oh yes, I saw the bus plow into the building on canal when I worked at 200 s wacker.

Also I watched it again last night on my 50in sammy. I liked it MUCH better than sitting in the far right side of the front row at the AMC on Illinois. His voice is very annoying, but i think it was much easier to enjoy Heath's performance on the smaller screen.

My mom was there at the Prudential building when he busts through the glass doors and goes through the blue track-looking lobby.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
Bruce Wayne voice definitely. Batman, not so much.

No, it was the Batman voice and I'm hardly the only one to notice it. When he's in that guys face he's using his scary Batman voice, it's clear as day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
I've never been a comic book reader, so its based entirely on the value of the movie to me which I thought was boring and full of terrible acting.

I thought Terrence Howard was so-so, and that Downey Jr. did a good job encapsulating the conflicted, Tony Stark A-hole persona, although the film took a lot of liberties and made him more solidly a good guy by the end of the film compared to the Stark of comic book canon. I thought Jeff Bridges was just about perfect in his role.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
Will see 'Milk' later today. I'm geeked.

And this looks surprisingly interesting. How does M. Tomei get sexier and sexier as she gets older? And what the hell happened to Rourke's face? Is that what you look like when steroids and Botox combine?

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thewrestler/

I love Aranofsky films. I will definitely see it.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
I thought Terrence Howard was so-so, and that Downey Jr. did a good job encapsulating the conflicted, Tony Stark A-hole persona, although the film took a lot of liberties and made him more solidly a good guy by the end of the film compared to the Stark of comic book canon. I thought Jeff Bridges was just about perfect in his role.

I didnt like Downey in the role and that may have ruined it for me. Maybe this was a movie where you needed some of the background of the actual comic.