Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
You can't be a man and get laid? Sorry.

If you read you would have seen I was talking about the "man card" that alot of people refer to now . Not just being or acting like man. Forget it,I dont know why I even bother with you.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
If you read you would have seen I was talking about the "man card" that alot of people refer to now . Not just being or acting like man. Forget it,I dont know why I even bother with you.

Where'd that come from? I can't tell if you're being serious or joking. Either way, that sounds like something my girlfriend would say.

I was really skeptical about the Wolverine movie, but it looks a lot better in that preview than anything else I have seen from it. Looks a lot rougher than X-men. I like Liev Shrieber(sp?), but I actually liked Tyler Mane's version of Sabretooth. Maybe it was a little more acting that Mane couldnt do

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Where'd that come from? I can't tell if you're being serious or joking. Either way, that sounds like something my girlfriend would say.

Dammit,now I have to hand in my man card.

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
bootleg of X-Men Origins:Wolverine

Wow, it looks like they are actually staying true to the storyline, which is awesome. The whole Weapon X project was one of my favorite storylines, so this will be very cool.

Anyone remember when they came out with the "Weapon X" alternate reality storyline for Wolverine where he was missing a hand? I loved that s***.

AOA_weapon-x-bust.jpg

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
Anyone remember when they came out with the "Weapon X" alternate reality storyline for Wolverine where he was missing a hand? I loved that s***.

AOA_weapon-x-bust.jpg

How did they explain the lack of regeneration for his hand?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
How did they explain the lack of regeneration for his hand?

I don't believe Logan ever had regenerative powers like a gecko when it loses it's tail or whatever. If a limb or part of a limb is gone, his healing factor can't regrow it... rather his healing factor is just a super accelerated form of any human's ability to heal. This made him a possibility for the Weapon X Project because he would heal quickly.

However, re-growing a hand not so much. If I recall (it was a really long time ago), he did discover in that series that his adamantium claws would still come out through that stump. Like I said, it was a long time ago, but that series was pretty fun.

Another fun Wolverine spinoff also involved Batman, after the Marvel/DC miniseries spawned the Amalgam universe and combined characters from DC and Marvel. It was called "Dark Claw".

Kind of lame looking back at it, but when I was 13 (1996), it was really awesome. It also featured a funny mixture of Jubilee and Robin.

sparks.gif

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
I don't believe Logan ever had regenerative powers like a gecko when it loses it's tail or whatever. If a limb or part of a limb is gone, his healing factor can't regrow it... rather his healing factor is just a super accelerated form of any human's ability to heal. This made him a possibility for the Weapon X Project because he would heal quickly.

However, re-growing a hand not so much. If I recall (it was a really long time ago), he did discover in that series that his adamantium claws would still come out through that stump. Like I said, it was a long time ago, but that series was pretty fun.

Another fun Wolverine spinoff also involved Batman, after the Marvel/DC miniseries spawned the Amalgam universe and combined characters from DC and Marvel. It was called "Dark Claw".

Kind of lame looking back at it, but when I was 13 (1996), it was really awesome. It also featured a funny mixture of Jubilee and Robin.

sparks.gif

The amalgam series was awesome for sure. IIRC it was Superman/Captain America, Batman/Wolverine, and for some wierd reason Spiderman/Superboy. There are some more I am forgetting.

Plus, the comics that led up to the amalgam universe was even better with the DC vs Marvel battles.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
The amalgam series was awesome for sure. IIRC it was Superman/Captain America, Batman/Wolverine, and for some wierd reason Spiderman/Superboy. There are some more I am forgetting.

Plus, the comics that led up to the amalgam universe was even better with the DC vs Marvel battles.

Yes, I absolutely adored them at the time. They were really cool.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1810978:date=Dec 14, 2008 -> 12:14 PM:name=TheBlackSox8)-->
QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
<!--quotec-->bootleg of X-Men Origins:Wolverine

Wow, it looks like they are actually staying true to the storyline, which is awesome. The whole Weapon X project was one of my favorite storylines, so this will be very cool.

AOA_weapon-x-bust.jpg

How did they explain his missing lower body??

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)

He does have regenerative powers like a gecko. Wolvie has completely rebuilt parts of himself from almost nothing before.

Has anyone seen The Wrestler? I'm supposed to see it tonight.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
He does have regenerative powers like a gecko. Wolvie has completely rebuilt parts of himself from almost nothing before.

Has anyone seen The Wrestler? I'm supposed to see it tonight.

Im really excited to see it, i didnt realize it was in theatres already

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
Watched 'The Strangers' last night. Was at the edge of my seat. Had me jump a few times.

That movie scared the s*** out of me. Normally i just make fun of horror movies but i liked that one.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
That movie scared the s*** out of me. Normally i just make fun of horror movies but i liked that one.

Surprisingly good flick. And I love that Dennis Reynolds from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia had a role in it.

I really enjoyed the Dark Knight. I wouldn't label it the #4 movie of all time, as IMDB has it listed, but I thought it was superior to Batman Begins. I was honestly surprised at how violent the movie was. I suppose you can shoot anyone you want, destroy buildings, have disturbing images and situations (Pencil trick/ cell phone in body/choosing between two people rigged to explosives) but not blood or foul language!

What was strange for me was watching obvious location shots of Chicago throughout the film and still trying to believe it's "Gotham City." In the beginning where Jokers men are pulling into the bank you can clearly see the fitness center/Union state attachment. The moment Two-Face shoots the driver and the car flips you can make out the surrounding landscape (in addition to the Sears Tower in the background) of the train lines leading into Union Station. Every wide shot of the city you can identify some noticeable Chicago landmark. Hell, Joker even mentions Cicero Avenue. This is probably the sole advantage I'd give to Batman Begins -- it paid more detail to distinguishing Gotham city from Chicago.

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 01:29 AM)
The new fad soon to come(has already started actually, but not well) is the video game to movie. I think it's going to get better, maybe bigger than it has.

Honestly, I don't want to see that happen either.