Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 07:29 AM)
The new fad soon to come(has already started actually, but not well) is the video game to movie.

You know that's bad when Max Payne is far and away the best Video game to movie ever.

And someone is making a Pac man movie. No seriously. Someone is making a Pac-Man movie. And the person behind it is spending a part of 200 million dollars(split with 4 other movies) to make it. What?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 01:43 AM)
You know that's bad when Max Payne is far and away the best Video game to movie ever.

And someone is making a Pac man movie. No seriously. Someone is making a Pac-Man movie. And the person behind it is spending a part of 200 million dollars(split with 4 other movies) to make it. What?

Gears of War, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, HALO, and even The Sims...have been talked about.

Both GoW's, PoP, and MGS are actually happening in time...PoP filming at the moment

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
Gears of War, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, HALO, and even The Sims...have been talked about.

I could understand some of the action games like Gears of War, but the Sims? How do you make a movie out of that? Does the main character find a code to get unlimited money and build the ultimate house?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
I could understand some of the action games like Gears of War, but the Sims? How do you make a movie out of that? Does the main character find a code to get unlimited money and build the ultimate house?

I read, they wanted it to be about a real person, in the Sims universe, kinda like Pleasentville. Made as a comedy obviously

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)

Both GoW's, PoP, and MGS are actually happening in time...PoP filming at the moment

PoP could be a pretty awesome movie if it is done well.

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 01:29 AM)
The new fad soon to come(has already started actually, but not well) is the video game to movie. I think it's going to get better, maybe bigger than it has.

In the same sense as past comic book movies, there had been a need to treat the films as a live-action video game; where you're supposed to be mindlessly entertained more than appreciate the actual storyline.

I honestly believe, of all the movies based on video games I can recall at this moment, that Silent Hill is the best. I've always thought the atmosphere within the game is it's best quality, and that's what the film captured. It was honestly disturbing, as well. I'm happy to know they're making a sequel.

Although, to be fair, the game itself is adventure based and has a lot more material to work off of than, say, Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
PoP could be a pretty awesome movie if it is done well.

Well what do you think of Jake Gyllenhal being the Prince?

I dont mind Comic book movies, at least its original (read: not retreads, remakes, re-imagining, sequel) material for the most part.

Kojima talks up Metal Gear Solid film

By Frank Caron | Published: December 16, 2008 - 10:20AM CT

Metal Gear Solid 4 may have been the alleged end of the Solid Snake story-line, but there is no question that Konami's meal-ticket franchise will live on. While it's unclear exactly what will happen with the rumored Metal Gear Solid 5 project, talk of a MGS movie has become more prominent since the release of MGS4. Series creator Hideo Kojima gave the rumblings more credibility this weekend as he confirmed that the film is "brewing."

Kojima spoke with Collider.com at the Spike VGAs on Sunday about the film. "It's brewing, brewing, and very slowly moving," said Kojima. "I won't have the director seat, but I will plan to be very, very involved with the projects." As for whether a game would coincide with the movie, Kojima said he was "very interested" in doing such a thing even if it was a "challenge."

Given how many video game film adaptations are coming and going these days, a Metal Gear Solid movie seems almost inevitable given Kojima's flair for cinematics (at the cost of game play, some would argue). Few games have enough substance to do well on the silver screen, but MGS seems like the one series that could make the transition admirably.

LINK

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
Is that a joke?

Oh Im sorry, I didnt realize Hellboy was a Literature classic ;)

Some of the comic book movies are reboots/remakes, but a lot of the newer comic book movies havent had any screen treatment, and I look forward to those movies.

Then again, I dont really kill movies like a lot of you guys do, so take it with a grain of salt.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Oh Im sorry, I didnt realize Hellboy was a Literature classic ;)

Some of the comic book movies are reboots/remakes, but a lot of the newer comic book movies havent had any screen treatment, and I look forward to those movies.

Then again, I dont really kill movies like a lot of you guys do, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'll kill any movie, even my favorites. :)

P.S. Send me a PM with your e-mail. I got an early Christmas present for you.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 06:34 AM)
One of the Bens that replace Ebert and Roeper said "The Wrestler" is the best year of the movie and it's not even close. With 44 reviews in it currently has a perfect 100% at rotten tomatoes.

http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/atm/

Aronofsky has a name that sounds and looks like he is a cinematic genius. Yet, he's anything but. I think the greater portion of his movies are trash. Sucks, 'cause Mickey Rourke, when he is on, he's damn good. I'll wait until The Wrestler hits DVD.

Aronofsky has a name that sounds and looks like he is a cinematic genius. Yet, he's anything but. I think the greater portion of his movies are trash. Sucks, 'cause Mickey Rourke, when he is on, he's damn good. I'll wait until The Wrestler hits DVD.

You really need to switch user names with this poster.

I can't wait for your top 10,5, uh 3 movies of the year, if you thought there was even that many. :lol:

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
lol, i don't think that's legit. Is that a tabloid site?

Yes they are a tabloid site, though they have been breaking a lot of bigger stories in recent history than usual.

I have yet to see it debunked anywhere. But it likely will in time

I was pretty positive he never wanted to bring Robin into the big picture though, as he hates the character.

Also this...

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

That is a pretty tough thing to screw up..

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
Yes they are a tabloid site, though they have been breaking a lot of bigger stories in recent history than usual.

I have yet to see it debunked anywhere. But it likely will in time

I was pretty positive he never wanted to bring Robin into the big picture though, as he hates the character.

Also this...

That is a pretty tough thing to screw up..

there is no comment for that.